News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stolen Challenger found afters years of searching-good story

Started by oldcarnut, November 11, 2009, 12:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on November 12, 2009, 04:55:58 PM
Quote from: tan top on November 12, 2009, 02:21:16 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on November 12, 2009, 02:13:49 PM
Quote from: The70RT on November 12, 2009, 01:55:43 PM
Quote from: tan top on November 12, 2009, 01:19:21 PM
not trying to stir this up , been reading about this on moparts ,  how did Galen  make a repop tag , supposedly correct for this car ?? :scratchchin:

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5599893&an=0&page=0

That's what I posted above - Don't you need a build sheet to make a fender tag  :shruggy:

Just like i have had my car for 30 years and know the history.....but that don't mean anything unless I pay Galen to say what I know is true  :eek2:
I alway     you know if he made it and got paid for it he will have a copy of what he did to and for the car

yeah Stuart thats what i was led to believe also :yesnod:

Yeah then he don't remember if the tag was one of his or not  :eyes:
you know if he made the tag and got paid for it , he kept a copy and file on what he made and did for the car
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

aussiemuscle

Quote from: Forza on November 11, 2009, 02:12:56 AM
Pretty neat story. What happens to the guy who had current possession of the car, as in, does he get any reimbursement from his insurance? Or did he just get the big ol shaft?
he would have the right to sue the person he bought it off, and that person to who they bought it off and so on.

jeryst

Quote from: moparstuart on November 12, 2009, 02:13:49 PM
Quote from: The70RT on November 12, 2009, 01:55:43 PM
Quote from: tan top on November 12, 2009, 01:19:21 PM
not trying to stir this up , been reading about this on moparts ,  how did Galen  make a repop tag , supposedly correct for this car ?? :scratchchin:

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5599893&an=0&page=0

That's what I posted above - Don't you need a build sheet to make a fender tag  :shruggy:

Just like i have had my car for 30 years and know the history.....but that don't mean anything unless I pay Galen to say what I know is true  :eek2:
I alway heard if you didnt have a tag or a build sheet to would have to personally inspect the car for signs of its original opps , guess he didnt look to hard on this one   :smilielol: :smilielol:

Just makes you wonder what his word is really worth!

Mefirst

Ill probably sound like a total dick but if it had been me who had bought that car unknown about its history, I would NEVER just hand it back to that guy.. Couldn't care less if he cried a river about it been stolen from his grandfather 28 years ago... He or someone else would have to compensate me the money I spent on it first..

..if not... that car would just disappear and never be heard or seen again...

My :Twocents:

The70RT

Quote from: Mefirst on November 13, 2009, 12:44:19 PM
Ill probably sound like a total dick but if it had been me who had bought that car unknown about its history, I would NEVER just hand it back to that guy.. Couldn't care less if he cried a river about it been stolen from his grandfather 28 years ago... He or someone else would have to compensate me the money I spent on it first..

..if not... that car would just disappear and never be heard or seen again...

My :Twocents:

He didn't just hand it back. Word got out where he hid it and the authority's went and confiscated it. But yeah I see what your saying....you would be in a rock and a hard place. I would hide it and get a lawyer and go from there.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tripleblkr/t

Probably got it back in alot better shape then when it was stolen. I bet he was pretty excited to see that pull into his driveway when he didnt have a dime into it, Merry Christmas to me ;).  I wonder what would of happend if he would of had insurance on it when it was stolen and the insurance company paid them off for it, who would end up with it then?

moparstuart

Quote from: tripleblkr/t on November 13, 2009, 01:23:17 PM
Probably got it back in alot better shape then when it was stolen. I bet he was pretty excited to see that pull into his driveway when he didnt have a dime into it, Merry Christmas to me ;).  I wonder what would of happend if he would of had insurance on it when it was stolen and the insurance company paid them off for it, who would end up with it then?
the insurance company , he is lucky to not have had insurance .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

tripleblkr/t

If that insurance company is still around? Really makes you want to check a car out before you buy now.

The70RT

Quote from: tripleblkr/t on November 13, 2009, 01:23:17 PM

The car was only 10 years old when it was stolen. The car has two different sections of floors in it from 2 other cars. The original hood was changed and different chrome put that didn't line up. The vinyl top was removed and now it has a fake vin tag on it. The only thing good that happened is he never had to register, insure, or pay storage or maintenance....but then again he never enjoyed all those year it was gone either.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us