News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have a FWD Turbo Dodge?

Started by kidsixpack, November 02, 2009, 10:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kidsixpack

Is anyone into the front wheel drive turbo cars from the 80's?
If you have something post a picture.
KID
69 1/2 Super Bee V2 buckets console 4spd with radio delete.
1987 Grand National Low miles original
1989 TTA Low miles light mods
95 Lightning Light mods
95 Bronco Sport low miles Lifted light mods

A383Wing

No turbo....but here's my winter beater...88 Shadow

moparstuart

between my son and I we have 9 turbo dodge and chrysler cars and convertibles

the blue turbo convertible is my wifes , she also has a TC maserati turbo car .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

Quote from: moparstuart on November 03, 2009, 10:28:29 AM
between my son and I we have 9 turbo dodge and chrysler cars and convertibles

the blue turbo convertible is my wifes , she also has a TC masurati turbo car .

the wifes TC i bought her this year for our 20th wedding anniversary

TruckDriver

Don't have it any more. But I loved it.

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Mr.Woolery

Don't have one, but I do have a nice story about them:

Back when I was in high school, I was cruising around town in my car when I saw an unusual looking Dodge Omni.  I recognized it from a magazine I had read recently...It was one of those new Omni Shelby GLH's (they hadn't been released yet).  I stopped next to it at the next light, and noticed that it was full of Japanese executive types.  I rolled down my window and got the driver's attention, and asked if it was one of those new Shelby GLH's.  He said, "Yeah, and here's Carrol Shelby"--and the man himself leaned over from the front passenger seat, smiled, waved, and said "Hi".  

I was dumbstruck.  I waved back, told him he was one of my heroes, and that I liked the GLH.  The light turned green, and they drove off.  

I still see those GLH's at the local strip occasionally--they always do well.  Great cars!

-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

kidsixpack

Quote from: Mr.Woolery on November 03, 2009, 11:35:41 AM
Don't have one, but I do have a nice story about them:

Back when I was in high school, I was cruising around town in my car when I saw an unusual looking Dodge Omni.  I recognized it from a magazine I had read recently...It was one of those new Omni Shelby GLH's (they hadn't been released yet).  I stopped next to it at the next light, and noticed that it was full of Japanese executive types.  I rolled down my window and got the driver's attention, and asked if it was one of those new Shelby GLH's.  He said, "Yeah, and here's Carrol Shelby"--and the man himself leaned over from the front passenger seat, smiled, waved, and said "Hi".  

I was dumbstruck.  I waved back, told him he was one of my heroes, and that I liked the GLH.  The light turned green, and they drove off.  

I still see those GLH's at the local strip occasionally--they always do well.  Great cars!

That is pretty friggin cool!!

Keep'em coming.  Cool stuff so far!
KID
69 1/2 Super Bee V2 buckets console 4spd with radio delete.
1987 Grand National Low miles original
1989 TTA Low miles light mods
95 Lightning Light mods
95 Bronco Sport low miles Lifted light mods

71_Charger_R/T

Here's mine...... The Shelby I gave to my brother, now it sits and rots. The Le Baron now belongs to my oldest brother and is a daily driver. The Laser X/T is my son's, we restored it together, now it sits since he has a Stratus R/T to drive daily.

moparstuart

my 86 xt looks just like that  red with t tops  ,  I got to get that car moving , have a brand new motor set down in it but not running yet .

spyder

Nacho-RT74

I love those convert Lebs. I have seen couple of them personally down here ( imported, never assemblied here ) and they look GREAT and pretty much fun to drive around!!! diff year thought but pretty much similar.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

ipstrategies

Had 85 Plymouth Turismo 2.2 5speed - non turbo but loved driving it for a compact.
Bought a 86 Dodge Lancer ES turbo - two tone blue/gun metal, I loved driving the car but had a lot of turbo problems. 3 replaced under warranty.
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

gtx6970

having worked them since they were new, I can tell you first hand,
they're fun cars to drive.

If I could find a clean turbo GLHS Omni in black with red interior I'de think hard about it

spyder

Quote from: gtx6970 on November 06, 2009, 02:30:40 PM
having worked them since they were new, I can tell you first hand,
they're fun cars to drive.

If I could find a clean turbo GLHS Omni in black with red interior I'de think hard about it

Yep , they're a blast to drive !!

BTW , GLHS was only available with a grey interior (4-dr or 2-dr) . Fortunately , the GLH Turbo could be had in black w/red ...

Here's another one of mine .

moparstuart

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

moparstuart

:drool5:

dads_69

I had an Omni GLHS a few years ago. Fun car, PITA to work on, *head gasket* replacement. Ran a 13.8 quarter mile trip at 109 mph though, so it wasn't all that bad. Had a modified stage 2 computer, K&N 3' exhaust from turbo back. Pushed 14 PSI at turbo.
Had it up to 133 mph or so one time, after that, no thanks.

Car is now 400 miles away, guy who has it now thinks he has a 20 grand ride, not. More like $6 grand. True, its a numbered car, but hey....
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

70charginglizard

Not a fwd but I did at one time have a 1989 Chrysler Conquest way back when with Turbo.

Very cool car. I miss it
70charginglizard

BigRed66

I had an '86 Shelby Charger back in 1996, black, and I only got to drive it for about a month. One Saturday, I went to visit my parents, and I set about detailing it. I washed it, waxed it, buffed it out, Armor All'ed the tires and interior. I shampooed the carpet, cleaned all the windows, steam cleaned the seats...after about 6 and a half hours, the thing looked SOOOO awesome. I bid my parents farewell, and was gonna go hit some cruisin' spots with my best friend. Got in it, fired it up, sounded great...put the manual in reverse, and it wouldn't move. Frigging tranny died right in the driveway. Local towing company came and pulled it up on a flatbed. Sure looked good going away. I had a junkyard tranny put in it from another Shelby, but it was never the same, so I sold it (gave it away) for 500 bucks.

I DID, however have an '85 Lancer ES Turbo, gunmetal grey with black leather interior, 5-speed, that I absolutely loved, and ran the SHIT out of, and had an '85 Daytona Turbo Z, 5-Speed, black on black, that I scared more than my share of friends in...with the exception of that Shelby, I loved those 80's FWD Mopars. (If you reference the thread I started a while back, in the linked interview, you can see a young derelict me  ::) rubbing on the Daytona. Link~~> http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,55605.msg618621.html#msg618621)

"...between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel..."

Landonsrt

The thread says FWD dodges so Ill list mine. Yeah, its not from the eighties but still a great little car.

Charger RT

This is one of my turbo cars. 92 Daytona Iroc R/T. 16 valve twin cam turbo. factory forged 2.2 bottom end with a 16 valve lotus head. 224 hp stock. I also have a green 93 just like it. The only changes I have done to it is it has a 3 inch exhaust no muffler and +20 injectors with a chipped computer running 15psi.
Tim

71ChallengeHer

I had a 91 Shadow 2.5 Turbo. I loved the car. beat the crap out of it daily.  Shelby had a 93 Daytona. Now she has a 92. It's almost road ready.  :2thumbs:

spyder

Quote from: Charger RT on November 07, 2009, 08:05:26 PM
This is one of my turbo cars. 92 Daytona Iroc R/T. 16 valve twin cam turbo. factory forged 2.2 bottom end with a 16 valve lotus head. 224 hp stock. I also have a green 93 just like it. The only changes I have done to it is it has a 3 inch exhaust no muffler and +20 injectors with a chipped computer running 15psi.
Tim

I dig the IROC R/T . I looked for one with a red interior for a long time before finding this , it's had a hard life , but it's solid , runs hard & handles great !!