News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what should this 512 combo make

Started by mally69, August 01, 2007, 09:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mally69

HEY!!!!!!!!!!    I have found a new dana 60 for this.. It has 3.54 gears and a power lock unit.  I found it in an old abondoned school house. The owner pulled it out of a 69 GTX 440-4 speed car. And sold it to me for $400.  :woohoo:    How did I do on this one?

Steve P.

Fantastic...........  Not that you needed to ask.. ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Charger-Bodie

WOW !! and I thought I got a good deal on my 3.54 dana for 900.00.....Great find!!  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

firefighter3931

Quote from: mally69 on June 22, 2008, 06:12:02 PM
HEY!!!!!!!!!!    I have found a new dana 60 for this.. It has 3.54 gears and a power lock unit.  I found it in an old abondoned school house. The owner pulled it out of a 69 GTX 440-4 speed car. And sold it to me for $400.  :woohoo:   

Now that is a SCORE  :2thumbs:

Quote from: mally69 on June 22, 2008, 06:12:02 PM
How did I do on this one?

You stole it....turn yourself into the authorities right now mister !!!  :lol:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mally69

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

mally69

Musicman

mally69

Ok its time for me to start thinking about a Carb.  I contacted barrygrant/demon carbs and they recomended me their race demon 1000cfm part #2563010DR.  Then i looked at quick fuel's Q-1050-AN and their Q-1050 carbs. Which one of theirs would be the one to get . And what exactly is an annular booster. Is there any benefit using one with annular boosters.

mally69

Hey guys I hope I don't get beat up to much here but I have some good news and bad news about this build. Well the good news is that I have found a 68 Charger for this engine  :cheers:  It was a deal that I cannot pass up. The car was an original arizona car.  It origionally had a 383 auto on the floor. Also It comes with a 383 and a 440 with 2 bigblock 727's and two 8 3/4 rear ends.. the car is VERY solid and needs no body panels and i mean NONE. All body panels are origional to the car. The only thing on the body is there is a few small drill holes where some one from the ( old days ) tried to pull a few small dents out, but other than that they are fine. Car has almost no rust anywhere.  :icon_smile_big:

Now, for the bad news, this build is going to come to a halt for a while. :'(   I know its unfortunate but I can always buy the engine parts, its the cars that are hard to come by.

Sorry guys,  I was really hoping to have this build finished for this summer but it don't look like it will happen. Maybe for this upcoming winter or next spring I can have it dynoed.

Steve P.

You could not be more right..  The cars are the important part. Motors and parts will be around for many years to come.. Just keep them protected so they will last well into our grandchildrens'  days..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Chryco Psycho

I wouild pass on the Demon & buy  a better carb Like the Proform 950

mally69

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 11, 2008, 02:17:47 AM
I wouild pass on the Demon & buy  a better carb Like the Proform 950

I have a demon on my current 440 and I just can't seem to get the idle screws set correctly for some reason. I had a buddy set them the first time and they seemed to be good buts its giving me a very hard time.

oldschool

i have 1000 cfm AED holleys on all my 500" motors. set them up one time and then forget about them :yesnod:
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

mally69

Hey guys sorrry its been a while for the 512 but im ready to start spending some money on the beast. here is the carb i just picked out for this build tell me what you guys think?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRO-67202/

http://www.summitracing.com/mediaviewer.aspx?sku=PRO-67202&rotatingmodelpath=http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/360/clients/summit/links/pro-67202/

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs