News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The one that got away

Started by HeavyFuel, November 13, 2009, 09:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyFuel

I don't recall if we've done a thread about the cars that 'got away'.

Years ago, before I bought the Charger I have now, I looked at a '70 that a guy had for sale.  New Plum Crazy paint, white guts, white top, refinished chrome.  The outside was all finished, I would need to restore the intierior and the engine compartment, which really weren't bad.  The car was a nice runner, and I think he wanted like $5,000.  I didn't get it because it was "only" a 383.  I still think about that car once in a while.

I also passed up a triple green GTX with a 440 Commando, that was all original and very sweet.  At the time, I just couldn't handle that green interior. But now, it would be a great car to have.

PocketThunder

Back when i was going to college i had a 55 Chevy and my friend bought a 68 Charger, 383 automatic, puke green in color.  It was 99% rust free because it was used as a weekend drag car all its life.  He needed money for tuition the next year and was going to sell it.  He wanted 6500 and i couldnt come up with 65 let alone 6500 at the time.  this was 1998.  I could have asked my Dad to float me a loan for a year but didnt want the debt, and it was green, yuk.  He ended up selling it for around $5000! 
I kick my self for not dumping my 55 Chevy and buying that Charger.   :brickwall:   :brickwall:  5 years later i did, but ended up with a rusty project C500 instead that never got finished.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

68RT4ME

Back in '89 I let go on my Plumb Crazy '70 Chally 440, Numbers matching original car that I just had repainted and the engine/tranny/suspension rebuilt. And for what? Well, I wanted to keep the wife at the time from driving our new Mustang GT as a daily driver. I sold the Chally and bought her another car to drive around and dumb ass me kept the Stang. That is until she said she was pregnant a few months later and away it went too.

Took me until 2006 before I got my next MOPAR..... OK, you all can kill me now  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

PocketThunder

Quote from: 68RT4ME on November 13, 2009, 12:13:19 PM
Back in '89 I let go on my Plumb Crazy '70 Chally 440, Numbers matching original car that I just had repainted and the engine/tranny/suspension rebuilt. And for what? Well, I wanted to keep the wife at the time from driving our new Mustang GT as a daily driver. I sold the Chally and bought her another car to drive around and dumb ass me kept the Stang. That is until she said she was pregnant a few months later and away it went too.

Took me until 2006 before I got my next MOPAR..... OK, you all can kill me now  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

That is pretty bad..  :o
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

SG1022

:eek2:

68RT4ME

Quote from: SG1022 on November 13, 2009, 01:50:04 PM

:eek2:

I know, I know.... I was younger and stupider. Now I'm .......well, Older  :rotz:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

twodko

Don't feel bad, I too have personally experienced the "shoulda, coulda, woulda" thing and it blows.......no doubt about it. I've kicked myself in the ass so many times my kness bend both ways!

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

68charger383

I remember in mid 80s a 1968 GTX ,silver with black top/interior with 35,000 miles. The car was the closest to new that I had ever seen. They wanted top dollar back then for the car, $4,500, and I couldn't come up with the money.

I remember one night hanging out at in the Channels parking lot down on Deer Park Ave, the local seen in the day, and hearing a car screeching about 20 feet to a stop to avoid blowing a red light. I turned around and there was the GTX. The light turned green and it was punched and zoomed up the street. The people in the car were drinking, smoking and just abusing the car zipping by the crowd in the lot throughout the night. The car finally came into the parking lot and a 19 year old girl popped out with a few of her friends.  I just shook my head regretting not being able to buy the car. I heard about a month later that she totalled the car after blowing a red light.  :brickwall:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Rolling_Thunder

passed on an 1970 RT/SE V-code Charger...    4-speed...    burnt orange gut wrapped in black paint, black vinyl top, and red BB stripe...        was a running / driving car (rebuilt engine, trans, and Dana 3.54) - had a complete but worn interior and some faded paint - but was complete...     I couldn't get my parent's OK to buy it for $8,000       Their house / Their rules      :flame:

In all honesty though - I was 15 years old and looking back I would have killed myself in that car...      so I guess it's a good thing I bought my 318 automatic car....    :scratchchin:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

devilgear

About 1994 I passsed on a 1970 Dodge Super Bee with a 727 383 and was all there. I just needed to put the just rebuild motor back in, wich a mechanic friend said he would help me with it..Oh and it was only $800 AND I had the $$$....I didn't buy it cause I don't like blue and I thought I could get a 440 or HEMI car cheap too...HAHAHHAH I stupid...