News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Going to buy some tires and rims

Started by bcharger, November 29, 2005, 07:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcharger

Looking to get my tires and rims next week. I want a bigger tire in back. Something like a 15 x 10. Wanted to see some pics of the 15 x 10's in the back with 15 x 8's in the front. Or maybe a 15 x8 in the back and 15 x 7 in the front. Or maybe a 15 x 8 all around. I only get to get the tires and rims once so I want it to have a good stance. If you What tires you are using and the back spacing? Pics of your cars with the tires are great. I'm still debating on what rims to get. I like the rallye wheels but the magnums do look pretty sweet. Thanks in advance for any replies you have. Brian

Shakey

Read these threads and join in the conversation.

Remember wheels are sized as 15 x 6 or 15 x 8 and tires are sized like 245 (height) x 50 (width) x 15 (rim size).

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,5895.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6218.0.html

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,5678.0.html

triple_green

front 15x7 with 4.25" backspacing; tire-235x60x15

rear 15x8 with 4.5" backspacing; tires 275-60x15

alt for rear: 15x10 with 5-5.5" backspacing; tire 295x50x15 (this combo will require about 2" of lift in the rear end). Measure the backspacing carefully it doesn't seem to work on all cars.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Mefirst

I have two sets of rims/tires, one set for road use and one set for the track..

Road set.
Centerline rims
Front: Rim 8" with 3.5" or 4" backspacing (Dont remeber) Tire is 225/60R15
Rear: Rim 10" with 4.5" backspacing. Tire is 295/50R15 (The bs should have been 5" cause the tire will rub the fender lip if someone is sitting in the backseat..

Track set.
Weld Alumastar
Front: 4" rim with 185/65R15 tire
Rear: 10" rim with 5" backspacing and tires are Racemaster Dot drag tires, 325/50R15 (Perfect fit)

/Tom

bcharger

Well I ordered Magnums from Stockton Wheel. They didn't have them in stock, but are making a production run and I should have them in about three weeks. I went with 15 x 7 in the front and 15 x 8 in the back. The tires I am going to get are BF Goodrich radial T/A 245 60 15 front and 275 60 15 back. I also got some spinners instead of center caps. Thanks for all the info and I'll post some pics when i get the rims and tires on. Brian

bcharger

Here are the pics of the tires and when they were mounted. It was dark by the time I got them mounted. Will take some more in the daytime. Thanks again for all the info. Brian :icon_smile_big:

bcharger

Mounted after dark. Brian :icon_smile_big:

bcharger

Shakey

greenrt_se

wheels Stockton TQ front 15x7  rear 15X8,5  tires bf.goodrich macadam 205  15 70 front    255 15 65 rear

bcharger

Here are some pics I got today. What do you think? Brian

bcharger

bcharger

bcharger

bcharger

last one. Brian

Shakey

Looks fantastic!  Much better with some sunlight.

Now all you need is a hood and the proper exhaust tips and the chicks will be falling all over you!

bcharger

Thanks for the kind words. I have a replacment hood that I am going to get worked on and someday back on the car. Never really thought about the exhaust tips but maybe I'll start looking into it. Gotta love the 70!!!!!Brian

'CUDA360

:yesnod: dittos  :yesnod:

That car is awesome and the wheels turned out great !!