News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Might get a Proform main body & kick the Eldelbrock to the curb. Opnions?

Started by greenpigs, December 09, 2009, 05:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpigs

I have a 4150 or 750 vacuum secondary Holley & 750 Eldebrock that is on my car now. I replaced the Holley as I thought it was a problem but that ended up being a bad ground on my ECU. My car ran stronger with the holley but seemed to miss some power with the eldebrock. My combo is close to a 69 HP 440 with 8.2 cr, header's weiand action plus intake. So I was thinking:

Proform main body - 750 vac sec
1\2 inch 4 hole phenolic spacer
1215 felpro valley pan- the block off one

I want to keep the main parts I have now and save the cam and intake swap for the rebuild in the future.

I did get some Dynomax Ultra Flo mufflers yesterday so this next purchase will have to wait till next month
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Ghoste

If you were going to leave the combo the way it is, I would say stick with the Eddycarter but since you are already heading down the path of modification you may as well go ahead with the ProForm.

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

charger_fan_4ever

if your after more than stockish power go with a holley/demon quick fuel ect meaning a holley based carb. Edelbrock carbs are a good stock replacement, not power. Eddy's are at home on a truck or show car. Any type of performace a 4150 holley is a minimum.

firefighter3931

The PF mainbody is a nice upgrade to the vac secondary Holley carb.  :2thumbs: I recommended one for Chris awhile back and the results were very favorable :

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,12376.msg142882/topicseen.html#msg142882

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

greenpigs

Going to keep researching the other brands, quickfuel, Holley and then get one. Also I want to check vacuum before I tear the intake off to make sure I have the correct power valve in my Holley. I still need to read up on that and might just get that video on tuning being praised here.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

charger_fan_4ever

greenpigs

They all are. Moparts seem to favor quickfuel as did a few other boards. I'll keep looking but still favor the Proform.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

myk

Having someone sit on top of the engine and pour fuel straight into the intake manifold might be a better idea than the Edelbrock.  Whatever you're thinking about getting, just get it...

greenpigs

Sorry about the 20 question nature I have been doing. I'm just pumped to have a runing car and be able to tweak. I'll try and wait till I have a REAL question before I ask again.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Ghoste

That was a real question.  Don't hold back because you think it isn't a worthwhile topic.

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on December 12, 2009, 10:34:52 AM
That was a real question.  Don't hold back because you think it isn't a worthwhile topic.

Agreed...No such thing as doing too much research on something you just don't know about or understand fully.... :2thumbs:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"