News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Painting rear

Started by FLG, November 02, 2009, 09:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

What are you guys using to paint your rear ends??  :icon_smile_big:

Not looking for "factory correct", just want it to look good.

68X426

Can't wait for the jokes.  :popcrn:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

bill440rt

I did mine using Dupont ChromaOne urethane out of a spray gun.

Just want it to look good? Try Rustoleum brushed on with a foam brush.  :shruggy:
It's thick, black, and it will hold up under there. Easy upkeep, too.
OR, try Eastwood's Chassis Black epoxy-based paint. Great stuff! Covers well, and is a tough spray paint that resists chips, etc.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

FLG

I have all the capabilities to spray stuff on, so id rather go that route since the finish will come out much better.

I dont want to have rear that looks like paint was just bombed on there, ill take the time to do things right but i dont mind if it isnt completely factory right. I think you know what i mean.

The chassis black looks like some nice stuff, do you think the satin or gloss will look better? Its a toss up for me.

Dadscharger

I used Duplicolor Gloss black brake caliper and drum paint on the rear axle in our car. I used this paint because it's a ceramic based paint and I figured it with hold up better to the heat created by the gears in the 3rd member.

Rob
66 Charger
400ci/727
3.23 Sure Grip

jaak

I had some black Nason Fulcryl acrylic enamel laying around the shop, so thats what I sprayed my rear with. (Also painted my torsion bars with it to. I painted the brake drums, etc. later when I rebuilt the brakes.

Jason

FLG

Looks good!

Think im just going to blast and epoxy prime the whole tihng then just use some of eastwoods satin stuff for now.

69charger440

I just did my dana 60 last week. Wire brushed the whole thing, then used degreaser and scrub it for about an hour. Then used poly primer and the Semi-gloss Engine high temp paint. Turned out great.  :2thumbs:
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

BBKNARF

Semi-gloss Tremglad Rust paint.  :yesnod:
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

motorcitydak

Check this stuff out. I have not had the opportunity to try it out myself yet but I will be using it around my car in various areas. Of course I have to finally decide on a color for the car before that too.

http://www.por15.com/HARDNOSE-PAINT/productinfo/HNGB/
96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]