News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is there a vaccine for Moparts.com?

Started by Magnumcharger, November 03, 2009, 07:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnumcharger

Just wanted to know...because I'm feelin' pretty sick about the place.

I really enjoy talking with my fellow Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth/Mopar enthusiasts.
And maybe I've found that this site (and a few select others) are a heck of a lot more fun to hang out on than Moparts....which used to be a pretty nice spot.
Around the time that one of the more popular members died, the atmosphere started to go downhill.
There seems to be a solid clique of members -among the thousands - that seem to revel in sidetracking threads, insulting people and generally making every visit there uncomfortable.
I think I'm done there.

All I can say is: Thank you Dodgecharger.com (Troy).
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

mikesbbody

I check the place out now and then but I'm not a Member.

TheGhost

No vaccine, but there's a cure.  It's called "stop visiting Moparts".  You'll be cured in less than a day.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

69bronzeT5

It's not a bad place, there are some good people there but the endless bacon & penguin threads and talk is getting really old fast. That's one thing that drives me crazy about that place. :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TeeWJay426

I know the feeling.... used to spend a lot of time there; now more of a lurker, just 'cuz I don't want to deal with the crap I know inevitably comes my way when I do post anything. Still a lot of good tech info there; just gotta dig to find it.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

skip68

I can make this easy for you.   You won't find me there.   ;)    This is the only site to see my stupid post and pointless threads.    :icon_smile_big:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

bull

Dans 68

Quote from: skip68 on November 03, 2009, 10:05:11 PM
...This is the only site to see my stupid posts and pointless threads.    :icon_smile_big:

Can't loose the plural "s"; you have lots of stupid posts!  :icon_smile_big: Actually I enjoy reading all of your banter. Except on any April 1st posts, that is.  :RantExplode:   :icon_smile_wink:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Dans 68

Quote from: bull on November 03, 2009, 10:24:07 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 03, 2009, 09:57:29 PM
the endless bacon & penguin threads

Huh? The what?

Bacon is a recurring theme with the Mid Peninsula Mopars club. They excel in hosting meets with the tasty meat.  :P  No idea about the southern fowl. It does seem like a lot of inside jokes flow through a lot of the threads. I just ignore it and scan for what interests me.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Dans 68 on November 03, 2009, 10:28:26 PM
Quote from: bull on November 03, 2009, 10:24:07 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 03, 2009, 09:57:29 PM
the endless bacon & penguin threads

Huh? The what?

Bacon is a recurring theme with the Mid Peninsula Mopars club. They excel in hosting meets with the tasty meat.  :P  No idea about the southern fowl. It does seem like a lot of inside jokes flow through a lot of the threads. I just ignore it and scan for what interests me.

Dan

Exactly.....a lot of threads have talk about bacon and penguins in it. ::)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bull

Blown70

I usually go to the tech or Unlawful race and read, dont post much, just sometimes a good place to pick-up some info for performance builds....Then bug the crap outta RON.... :D

Ponch ®

Quote from: Magnumcharger on November 03, 2009, 07:57:38 PM

There seems to be a solid clique of members -among the thousands - that seem to revel in sidetracking threads, insulting people and generally making every visit there uncomfortable.

I think they call them "moderators" over there.

I'm more or less a regular poster over there. There are some good threads on occasion, but I agree w cody on the bacon/penguin/inside jokes. I'm mostly there to stir the the pot and annoy some of the blowhards every now and then.

I do love the randomness of some of the "off topic" threads. Example of a thread title "O/T: How do you change the transaxles on a 78 Toyota Corona" or "O/T: How do you perform an apendectomy on a spotted ocelot?"
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Old Moparz

Quote from: Magnumcharger on November 03, 2009, 07:57:38 PM
Just wanted to know...because I'm feelin' pretty sick about the place.

I really enjoy talking with my fellow Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth/Mopar enthusiasts.
And maybe I've found that this site (and a few select others) are a heck of a lot more fun to hang out on than Moparts....which used to be a pretty nice spot.
Around the time that one of the more popular members died, the atmosphere started to go downhill.
I think I'm done there.

All I can say is: Thank you Dodgecharger.com (Troy).

There's a clique here on this site too, but since Orange Crush is the only one in it, nobody really seems to be bothered much.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

RD

i go to moparts for only one reason, and it is the only reason the site began in the first place:

CLASSIFIED SECTION
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Old Moparz

Quote from: RD on November 04, 2009, 11:09:50 AM
i go to moparts for only one reason, and it is the only reason the site began in the first place:

CLASSIFIED SECTION

:cheers:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

PocketThunder

I like to go there for the Street Rodders section.  And to read all the Global Warming and Gov't takeover threads, it gets pretty hillarious.  And its fun to see how many times Ponch can get banned and re-instated.   :icon_smile_big:

Oh and Dart girl and the guy with Shrek in his Avatar seem to write a friggen book lengths response in every post!  I usually skip past those two.   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Nacho-RT74

I have found nice guys on Moparts. Just forgett the ppl who doesn't worths a penny.

I found LOT OF PPL HERE that has been really helpfull with me:
RD is one of them, Charger1973, mikesbbody, moparguy01... lot more ( including Troy ), also lt of ppl what I see mostly at the 3rd gen charger board ( Twilt, Jer, Bob, Brock... ) but everything on there began here, list is long, but also found ppl helpfull on Moparts, so helpfull that you can't ever imagine what kind of help I got... Do you remember ppl the NOS quarter panel I got ? well:

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5581960&an=0&page=6#Post5581960

So I can't say bad things about Moparts ppl. Every website has its exceptions in both senses.

I also visit sometimes the classifieds sections there.

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ponch ®

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 04, 2009, 11:24:32 AM
 And its fun to see how many times Ponch can get banned and re-instated.   :icon_smile_big:

Three week long vacations to date. One was after a moderator PM'd me to lecture me and I suggested he try a certain anatomical impossibility..
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: Ponch ® on November 04, 2009, 01:38:51 PM
 And its fun to see how many times Ponch can get banned and re-instated.   :icon_smile_big:

Three week long vacations to date. One was after a moderator PM'd me to lecture me and I suggested he try a certain anatomical impossibility..

John RR? or that nutless wonder 69DartGT?
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

Ponch ®

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on November 04, 2009, 04:03:51 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on November 04, 2009, 01:38:51 PM

John RR? or that nutless wonder 69DartGT?

Honestly I don't remember. They're all the same to me...

John_Kunkel

Rather than boycott any particular forum I find it easier to just ignore the threads that don't interest me, in most cases the subject header (bacon, penguins, etc.) gives a clue to the thread content.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Magnumcharger

Yes, I try the ignore approach too....but if you know anything about me, you'd probably know that I'm a quizzical fellow.
I ask questions, and would like answers. Simple, really.

I guess I'm just too sensitive. :pity:

I don't rain crap down on people, so I'm never prepared to have it showering on me.

And I tend to start threads on different forums.
I figure, if a person has a good response - then chime in!
And if the topic isn't your cup o' tea, then move on.

I'll never understand why some people just figure they've got something to say - about everything! And not even good things! But they still feel compelled to say it.

Like - politics and religion...two topics that aren't supposed to be on Moparts. Yet, moderators will permit some topics to proceed, just because they share the same religious or political affiliation.
That slays me!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

69DodgeCharger

just because they share the same religious or political affiliation.
That slays me!

How true.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

PocketThunder

You could aways start talking about bacon and penguins and rebodies of cuda's and zombies, etc..., then you'd fit right in!   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."