News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger A/C Question - Heat out of the right vents, but not out of the left?

Started by Corellian Corvette, November 03, 2009, 04:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corellian Corvette

Simple question that hopefully has a simple answer.

When I turn on the heat (or defrost for that matter) on my 68 Charger with Factory A/C, I get heat coming out of the RIGHT (passenger side) vents, but not out of the LEFT (drivers side) vents - the air out of the right side is warm and left side is cold. Now the Air Conditioning unit was rebuilt by Classic Auto Air, and all other functions appear to be working correctly. My cursory view of the Service Manual does not show me how airflow is distributed side-to-side.

Please tell me this is something simple like one of my vacuum hoses is routed improperly...

Thanks!

Rolling_Thunder

From what  I remember the dash vents are fed via a center plenum (located under the radio) - there is a vent hose running to either side of the dash - maybe yours got disconnected somehow? There should be a molded plastic piece that also runs from the plenum to the driver side flex hose...       double check them - make sure there are no holes, tears, or disconnected.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip