News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paint code wanted

Started by C500, November 03, 2009, 03:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

I want to paint my C500 the exact original F8 color, Dark Metallic Green. I searched the site and found a Ditzler code '2514' in a thread for F8, but I can't back this up anywhere. Can anyone confirm this please, and is it enough info to give to a paint shop to come up with the right color.

Thanks,  :popcrn:

Duncan
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Charger-Bodie

What Paint brand do you plan to use?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Kiwi68 on November 03, 2009, 01:18:15 PM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on November 03, 2009, 07:41:18 AM
What Paint brand do you plan to use?

Dulon

Not familiar with that brand , But here is the ppg code:43786
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

C500

C500

The 43786 code could not be referenced in the PPG system here in NZ. Does anyone have access to the forumla or know how I can get hold of it?

DC_1

Quote from: Kiwi68 on August 31, 2010, 09:03:46 PM
The 43786 code could not be referenced in the PPG system here in NZ. Does anyone have access to the forumla or know how I can get hold of it?

43786 is a PPG code. Your paint store can't mix it from that number?

C500

Quote from: Sydmoe on August 31, 2010, 10:29:52 PM
Quote from: Kiwi68 on August 31, 2010, 09:03:46 PM

43786 is a PPG code. Your paint store can't mix it from that number?

No, if I was in the States, I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem. The New Zealand PPG system doesn't cross reference the US codes and I have tried 4 different paint shops.

DC_1

Thats weird.....

Then they should be able to look it up by the Chrysler code F8

I shoot Sherwin Williams and sometimes Glasurit, you can get the formula for those here by typing in the F8 code and picking the paint line

http://sw.formulaexpress.com/

http://color-online.glasurit.com/

C500

Quote from: Sydmoe on September 01, 2010, 06:56:41 AM
Thats weird.....

Then they should be able to look it up by the Chrysler code F8

I shoot Sherwin Williams and sometimes Glasurit, you can get the formula for those here by typing in the F8 code and picking the paint line

http://sw.formulaexpress.com/

http://color-online.glasurit.com/

F8 was the first code they tried, and believe me, it wasn't in the system. Other codes I gave them were PPG 43786, AY2EF8, chrysler code DT7557, Dupont 4988L/A/D, Ditzler 2514 along with all the names F8 has been used for with Dodge and Plymouth around that era.............I tried everything I could find.  Thanks heaps, you have helped alot with those links  :2thumbs: I owe you a beer

hemi-hampton

Did you try EF8. Thats what it really is, Most people drop the 1st letter. First letter is nothing more then series # a.k.a. year first used. In this case 1969. LEON.

C500

Quote from: hemi-hampton on September 01, 2010, 06:20:05 PM
Did you try EF8. Thats what it really is, Most people drop the 1st letter. First letter is nothing more then series # a.k.a. year first used. In this case 1969. LEON.

No, didn't try EF8, only AY2EF8. I'll post back in a couple of weeks if that works (when I next visit the paint shop in person).