News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WASTED MY MOTOR TODAY....Update 11/10/09 more pics,,,,update...

Started by R2, November 01, 2009, 08:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R2

mopar_nut_440_6

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bull

Crap! What happened? Did that one lifter break in half?

mopar73

Cooter

OH man, I hate to see anybody blow their stuff up...It WAS painful to look at for sure....Sorry guy, as I know how much $$$ Was in just what I could see got hurt... :pity:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Rolling_Thunder

Looks like similar aftermath to when I blew my first engine...    Cam missing, broken rods, lifters, etc...           This was my boss's # matching 440+6 Superbird motor...   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

The70RT

What a shame, hopefully the heads are ok.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Khyron

:-( sorry to hear man. When I killed my last motor i was almost crying.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Big Sugar

Well it's a shame about the motor.... :'( ...But those pictures are really nice ! Is that an HD camera ?

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Johnny SixPack

Sorry to hear it, Doug.  :'(

Looks like you're thinking Hemi, so the elephant will easy your pain.  :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

grdprx

That's pretty blown up!   :'(

I've personally never seen anything like it, unbelievable.

john.v

:o :o wow, that is some major damage, you drive all motor or NOS?

4cruzin

Tough break . . . looks like its time to start looking for a replacement.   :yesnod:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

tan top

:icon_smile_blackeye:  aww man  not good !!  never seen  the lifter bosses , break  like that before  :o

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Hemidoug

Sorry to see that Doug....It sucks, I know...but I know when you do another one she will be even faster.
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

R2

Thanks guys,,,,
could have been worse,,,,no leaks,,fires,,etc,,,,,
i'll fix it,,,(replace it)
should get ugly as i pull the rest of it apart this week....

:eek2:

BrianShaughnessy

Ouch!!!  That sucks.    Better luck with the next one!
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

firefighter3931

Sorry to see that buddy !  :icon_smile_blackeye: I suppose this accelerates the new build, huh ?  :P Looks like the rocker arms survived and hopefully the heads made it out with minimal damage.  :pity:

My new 572 should be going on the dyno in 2 weeks.  :scratchchin:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Blown68Coronet

:o  Wow Doug when you break something you don't fool around!!

Good thing she kept everything inside........ could have been the real bad if the car were to slip around on anti-freeze or oil.
Hopefully like Ron mentioned the heads are salvageable as for the rest you'll probably cringe when you take it apart later this week.

So... is it going to be a 572 wedge or Hemi build? :scratchchin:

Mefirst

Damn :scratchchin: That engine really imploded into itself..

Good thing in al the missery is that parts did not poke any air holes through the block and dump al the engine oil under your rear tires.. That would definately have hurt more...

/Tom

Steve P.

Damn Doug. It's been a while since I've seen that much stirred up inside a motor. Last time look quite similar till we pulled the heads. The block was split between 3 and 5. 1 piece of the cam was wedged so hard sideways we could not get it out. This was a customers "kids" car. He tried to tell dad that he was sitting at a light when it blew... Dad carried parts home for sonny boy.... I built him a nice mild 350 to replace his crazy 454..

If there is a bright side to this it's that you and the car are ok. The other thought is that racing is about done for the year so at least she hung in for the season..  :shruggy:

What was that you said: MEGGGGGGGA BLOCK......  ALUMINUM MEGGA BLOCK.......   :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

R2

Thanks guys,,,,
Could have been worse...

My wife was there,,,and just thought the car "died" on the track,,,,requiring it to be towed back to the trailer,,,,lucky it didnt catch fire,,,or get sideways,,,she would have taken my man card away for the next week...lol

Just have to ease into letting her know i grenaded the entire motor,,,,and have to "replace a few things",,,,, lol

Doug

:brickwall:

richRTSE

Wow, sorry to hear that Doug.  :rotz: Like every one has said, glad it wasn't a lot worse. On a positive note, Christmas is right around the corner. Maybe there will be a few parts under the tree...you can tell your wife Santa brought them.  :whistling:

Rich