News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Well, I'm not too pleased with myself...

Started by jb666, November 01, 2009, 09:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

I was in the bathroom this morning, shaving... All of a sudden I hear PLOP... Hmmm... What just fell in the sink??? MY IPHONE.  :hah:

Took it apart, dried it completely and it SEEMS to be on/sync'ing right now.. I hope it works.

I hate numskull moves like this  :brickwall: , and I am SO good at them.

bull

jb666

Quote from: bull on November 01, 2009, 09:12:46 AM
At least you didn't flush it.

No.. The wife did that. She came out of the house one night (we were having a get-together in the back yard) in tears. I thought something REALLY bad happened..  Her IPhone fell out of her back pocket (no case, so it was slick, and FLEW out of her pocket), landed in the toilet and sat there for 30 seconds before she realized what had happened.. RIP..

Mine's working, believe it or not, but every 30 seconds I'm getting a "THIS DEVICE IS NOT DESIGNED TO WORK WITH THE IPHONE" message.. Only problem is, nothing's plugged into it  :eek2:

Brock Samson

"THIS DEVICE IS NOT DESIGNED TO WORK WITH THE IPHONE" = WATER.   :slap:   :icon_smile_wink:

jb666

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 01, 2009, 09:57:29 AM
  "THIS DEVICE IS NOT DESIGNED TO WORK WITH THE IPHONE" = WATER.   :slap:   :icon_smile_wink:

I know... That's for damn sure. I hate when I do crap like this. I wish I could say it wasn't that often, but it is.. I never said I was too bright.

I got mad one morning when I went out to find my truck had been 'broken into'. I blamed this, I blamed that.. Bottom line is I left the doors unlocked and had $10k+ worth of audio/video equipment in there... And there I was complaining that they stole my ITouch from the truck. They left EVERYTHING ELSE!!!

4cruzin

I had something like that happen . . I was pleased that my phone is waterproof up to a couple foot.   :yesnod:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

jb666

Quote from: 4cruzin on November 01, 2009, 10:02:52 AM
I had something like that happen . . I was please that my phone is waterproof up to a couple foot.   :yesnod:

I need that option... Along with drop-proof, car tire-proof, pool-proof, idiot proof, and general ME-proof.

moparguy01

you forgot moron proof. I tried to get that for my phone and the sales guy said the best they can do is offer me a warranty that covers damn near everything.

It however does not cover being dropped into a vat of used motor oil, hence why i wanted the moron proof coverage.

Arthu®

It's not pretty nor very advanced option-wize but it is pretty indestructible:
http://www.cameraphonesplaza.com/the-indestructible-phone-sonim-xp1/

I know it is a little late but when I went into a pool with my iPod still in my pocket (realized it quite quickly) I put it in a box full of rice. I didn't try to do anything with it until I was pretty sure it was completely dry. Now the water is probably shortening all sorts of contacts inside.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

FLG

That sucks!

Honestly if your quick enough you can save your devices. Problem with ipod stuff is the internal battery so you need to get it apart quick.

Its really the battery still giving juice and shorting things out that kill it. If you get the battery out quick enough and dry it, usually the device is fine.

I cant count how many times my flash drive has gone through the washer and dryer...still works fine, never looses data.

Silver R/T

I always had free-$20 cell phones, can't beat that.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

71ChallengeHer

Take the battery out and put the phone and battery in a bowl of rice.

The70RT

Jeff, did you get it dried out? I was out fishing and had mine in my shorts and it got wet when I waded out too far. I took it a part and put it under my truck hood for a couple hours after I turned the engine off . A couple hours later it was fine. I washed one before....yeah it didn't make it  :lol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us