News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

getting the petty back on the road

Started by 75dartsport, March 06, 2009, 02:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

75dartsport

well sorry i havent been on for a while here is some updates anyway

well i finally got the hump with constantly repairing the wiring and sent the car off to the pros

well went to see the car unfortunatly swindon auto electrics have been very busy with other cars,just looking at there carpark i could tell that anyway here are some pics

rear interior

dash

this is the first time this window has been down since i got the car 21/2 years ago this is the most exciting bit for me

old ignition stuff [if you can see it] and the paint is red not pink

new ignition stuff

The70RT

Wow. Nice. What's the story on the car? You sure have had it a long time  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

75dartsport

sorry i have only had the car 2 1/2 years lol looks like 21 years im only 25

this is an origional 340 4 speed electric window air con  petty blue car one of only really a handfull of petty blue R/Rs out of the factory

it came over to the uk about 20 years ago, and was injoyed for a long time untill being painted more of a B5 blue, then from what i can gather around 2000 ish it was painted back to petty blue with the 43 and the stickers on the rear quarter,over the last eight to nine years all the other stickers have been added

i injoyed the car for a year then took it off the road to stroke the engine after nine long months i finally got the stroker motor 340-416 [still waiting on a cam]

this year i have just done a few small things racing clutch,solid engine mounts with tourqe straps,performance fuel pump,750 holly,phenolic 1 inch carb spacer,taller air filte[5 inchx14 inch] new satilite hood with hood scoop,cometic head gaskets,cometic valve cover gaskets and cometic header gaskets

thats not including all the electrics i am also going to get a new exhaust system and my carpet is going to get installed

i still need to get a rebuild kit for my 4 speed and a lsd

but other than that he is just how i want him, a bit rough round the edges BUT drivable and most definitly hoonable :2thumbs:

Now for the updates

the electric windows are all sorted fully working and rewired
the engine is getting rewired and is almost done
the rear lights are rewired
the front lights are going back in with the new loom
the cd player is rewired
the rev counter is out and ready to be repositioned [was in a dumb place]
the cb radio is ready to go in
the origional radio face has been taken off and put back on the dash to make it look like its there to save weight
the heater box is now out aswell to save weight

i might however have to buy a fuel sender unit ::)

but the amount of wires that have been taken out that have been described as "floating wires" ie not connected or not working or not needed actually weighed about the same as a small bag of sugar :o so what the hell previouse owners have been doing

75dartsport

well look very possible that i will be driving him back tomorow woohoo cannot wait [as long as the british april weather holds up lol]

Ghoste

So do you plan to restore it stock or with the stickers put back on or something else entirely?

75dartsport

no no i plan on keeping him as is i just wanted the electrics a bit more reliable for now

75dartsport

well who knows BUT i might be bringing him back home today going there in an hour or so he told me not to get my hopes up but how can you not lol
if i do it would be perfect timing as its our local pub meeting tonight at the sun inn we get around 60 american muscle,cruisers,hot rods and customs oh and bikes

richard pettys 73

THAT IS A NICE CAR  :drool5:  :2thumbs: DID YOU DO ALL THE CECALS AND STUFF YOURSELF??
YES MY NAME REALLY IS RICHARD PETTY
I JUST DONT HAVE HIS CAR......YET

75dartsport

nope they were all on there when i got the car BUT they are going to get modified

when the paint gets striped off the car i am going to have a rollcage fitted then once repainted the stickers on the wings are going to be the proper ones then im going to get the nascar wheels maybe side exit exhausts etc oh and maybe window netting

75dartsport

Well the car is back off the road,it failed its MOT

half shaft gaskets have gone
rear brakes dont work
fronts are binding
drivers side chassis leg is snapped
and steering box and colume are knackerd

soooooo the plan is once they are all fixed

high rise inlet manifolds
twin 600cfm hollys [already got]
carb scoop
a seriouse bit of cam
and some seriouse heads

already got 3,9;1 gears installed
and im going to get a brand new 5 speed box

i have been told with the set up and everything else i am doing to expect very low 12s maybe high 11s which from a 340 small block would be awsome

RD

Quote from: 75dartsport on November 01, 2009, 04:04:29 PM
high rise inlet manifolds
twin 600cfm hollys [already got]
carb scoop
a seriouse bit of cam
and some seriouse heads

already got 3,9;1 gears installed
and im going to get a brand new 5 speed box

cant wait to see your total package.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander