News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Kcederwall08's 68 pro-touring build

Started by kcederwall08, October 31, 2009, 05:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger440RDN

Quote from: kcederwall08 on November 06, 2009, 10:35:29 PM
Quote from: autodynamics on November 06, 2009, 08:43:16 AM
real nice!!!!  :cheers: the cars looks on its way to be pro toured.... your signature front spoiler looks great..i would change all that stuff on your list asap and get this thing feeling solid. i would add subframes/rad support/brakes sway bars, rear leafs, different shocks those kyb are junk. use the edelbrock great product for the money. firm feel box fast ratio pitman idler, 11/16 tie rod ends, drop spindles from magnumforce to get your geometry back to normal after the drop...shoot me an email if you have any questions....Pete 

As for the paint, the pictures make it look much better, and i like the color combo. If I ever do paint it, I will either keep it the stock color or do a dark gunmetal/grey paint.

Keep it stock!!!!!!!!!!! I love this color!!  :drool5:  Of course it's your car and your choice  ;D

mopar0166

where did you get your upper control arms

elanmars

Quote from: kcederwall08 on November 06, 2009, 10:35:29 PM
Quote from: autodynamics on November 06, 2009, 08:43:16 AM
real nice!!!!  :cheers: the cars looks on its way to be pro toured.... your signature front spoiler looks great..i would change all that stuff on your list asap and get this thing feeling solid. i would add subframes/rad support/brakes sway bars, rear leafs, different shocks those kyb are junk. use the edelbrock great product for the money. firm feel box fast ratio pitman idler, 11/16 tie rod ends, drop spindles from magnumforce to get your geometry back to normal after the drop...shoot me an email if you have any questions....Pete 

Yeah I agree with you on most of that stuff. I will probably end up adding chassis stiffening to the list, especially now that I have access to a welder. Rear springs i have noticed are way too soft, so that will be done too. But I think I'm gonna stay with the KYB's for now just because its not really worth my money at the moment. I need to work on making this car a little more reliable before I do more upgrades. Also i'm a broke college student at the moment haha.

As for the paint, the pictures make it look much better, and i like the color combo. If I ever do paint it, I will either keep it the stock color or do a dark gunmetal/grey paint.

what are your wheel sizes? and tires? just curious.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

kcederwall08

The upper control arms are from Magnum Force. There pretty nice pieces, i've had no problems with them.

The wheels and tires are 18x9 0 offset in front and 18x10 0 offset in the rear. Tires are 245/45/18's all around

elanmars

Quote from: kcederwall08 on November 08, 2009, 09:44:41 PM
The upper control arms are from Magnum Force. There pretty nice pieces, i've had no problems with them.

The wheels and tires are 18x9 0 offset in front and 18x10 0 offset in the rear. Tires are 245/45/18's all around

any rubbing, any issues you've had with those wheels so far? how is it riding a car with wheels as big as those compared to stock?
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

kcederwall08

I had issues with rubbing on the inner fender support bar thing, but I cut that out and gave the fenders a little bit of a roll, so theres no problems now.

The ride is a little more harsh, but there is so much less sidewall flex in the tires so it handles way better. It's an easy ride to live with, its not insanely bumpy.

dodgey68

nice set up,  keep us informed how it handles ,,
, hopefully when my charger is done ill have something similer in the handleing department ,
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

dodgey68

hey kcederwall
did ya get the pics of the altered rear tubs i sent, and do you reckon youll have a go at doin the alterations, if ya need more info i can help, i am no panel man but it looked ok when finished,  :cheers:

Dukes69

kcederwall08

dodgey68- I got the pictures you sent me, thanks a bunch. I may do the alterations sometime in the next few months, but i'm not completely sure.

Also my car got featured on a pretty popular blog just last week, which was super exciting for me. Here's the link to the article:

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/02/03/guest-blog-kevin-cederwall-gt-gt-68-dodge-charger-build.aspx

Dukes69

Is that a first gen Camaro front spoiler?  Looks like it fits pretty nice.

orange383

Lovely car!
I also think you should keep the paint as is simply because it is original and looks so good.  :coolgleamA:
My 68 was originally the same colour and will eventually be returned to it's former glory.

I look forward to the updates on your car!!!  :popcrn:

dodgey68

hey kevin
i am building some thing along the same line as you are doin, i have made and fitted sub frame connectors, rad brace, bigger sway bars, as the emails also alterd tubs bigger brakes,etc   can i ask what shocks ya gunna use
if kyb arnt right for the job?

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,65535.20.html

suntech

QuoteIs that a first gen Camaro front spoiler?  Looks like it fits pretty nice.

It is for a 69 Camaro :cheers:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

kcederwall08

Hey guys, its been a long time since any updates, but i've gotten a little done on the car.

So far i've added 2in lowering blocks to the rear to make it sit a little nicer, but havent gotten a chance to take any proper pictures of the new stance. Heres a quick shot from a freind though..

I also took her to a car show a while back, and on the way back, someone else's popped tire decided it wanted to destroy my front spoiler... so a new spoiler for the front is in the works... Possibly inspired a bit by this car:

Then I finally decided on which headers to get, but they required a mini starter.

So i did the dodge Ram starter upgrade:

Then I took the car in to get the headers installed, and get a full new 3 in exhaust. A few hours later i get a call saying that I had TWO PASSENGER SIDE HEADERS  :brickwall:

So as of now, i picked up the car, and sent the headers back, and now i'm waiting for a new (and hopefully complete) set to arrive.

Silver R/T

I like your thread with restomod Charger.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Bob T

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

WHITE AND RED 69

The stance looks great.  :2thumbs: more pics needed.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

dodgey68

update?? how is the car running, performing, handling, when do you reckon ya might alter ya rear  tubs

kcederwall08

Its been a while, but I haven't gotten much done on the car..... I've been really busy with school lately, but hopefully i'll be getting some work done on the car this winter break. I'm not sure what i'm gonna do to it just yet, but I'll definitely do a few things to help with reliability at the least.

heres some pictures from a while back that I don't think I ever posted here.

Long Island RT

New air dam is nice  :2thumbs:

Fess up - what is it?

Very nice pictures. 

btw: Your car has the most outrageous lack of front fender clearance I've ever seen...I will eventually shoot for something remotely close to that.
1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: kcederwall08 on November 08, 2009, 09:44:41 PM

Love your stance I will do something similar but not as aggressive in front....thx

dodgey68

[heres some pictures from a while back that I don't think I ever posted here.

hey kevin
how's the car performing, handeling, what driving thing have ya been up too
i noticed the headliner is missing

bzabodyn

Your Charger looks great - real similar start to what I want to do with a '68 pretty quick here. Love the stance and probably the first time I've really liked LL1. More info on the front spoiler is appreciated.

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack