News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Somewhat of a dilemma...WWYD?

Started by Ponch ®, October 30, 2009, 04:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

I'm not gonna go into too much detail, but just enough to give you an idea.

My boss called me earlier into his office. He asked me what I was doing tomorrow evening. I said "nothing until much later". So he asked me if I could do something (non work related) for him, to which I said yes. Mind you, what I have to do takes little or no effort and it might actually be kinda fun (let's just say that the phrase "you can help yourself to any food or beer" was involved) and its only for a couple of hours. He of course said he'll pay me for my time. And pay me good.

Here's the rub: right now I'm not in a position to turn down ANY cash that comes my way, but given the nature of the task and that it's something that you would do as a favor for a friend or relative, I'm thinking it might be better to turn the money down and just do it for free - you know,I'd rather earn the "political capital" and whatnot. Then again, I could really, really use the cash.

So...what would you guys do?

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

68X426

Sometimes taking the cash keeps it business based and neutral. Say, when asked to babysit his 16 year old daughter. :rotz: As a favor. :o

If you aren't sure of the consequences of your favor, then take the cash. :Twocents:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 30, 2009, 04:37:06 PM

My boss called me earlier into his office. He asked me what I was doing tomorrow evening. I said "nothing until much later". So he asked me if I could do something (non work related) for him, to which I said yes. Mind you, what I have to do takes little or no effort and it might actually be kinda fun (let's just say that the phrase "you can help yourself to any food or beer" was involved) and its only for a couple of hours. He of course said he'll pay me for my time. And pay me good.

Here's the rub: right now I'm not in a position to turn down ANY cash that comes my way, but given the nature of the task and that it's something that you would do as a favor for a friend or relative, I'm thinking it might be better to turn the money down and just do it for free - you know,I'd rather earn the "political capital" and whatnot. Then again, I could really, really use the cash.

he needs you for a sperm donor right  ?  :shruggy:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: moparstuart on October 30, 2009, 04:50:25 PM

he needs you for a sperm donor right  ?  :shruggy:
then that should only take a couple minutes ?  :nana: :rofl: :rofl:

Ponch ®

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on October 30, 2009, 05:35:29 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on October 30, 2009, 04:50:25 PM

he needs you for a sperm donor right  ?  :shruggy:
then that should only take a couple minutes ?  :nana: :rofl: :rofl:

ok...i was gonna make one of my trademark witty replies here, but I will restrain myself since you're one of the few ladies we have on here.  :D
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

CB

I think if he knows you really need some extra mula, he'd be glad to offer you the favor.
Both of you gain something at the end, right?
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

BigRed66

Look at it as a chit to be pocketed for later use. So what if he's the boss?...he asked YOU, nobody else, so be flattered. Bail if it gets weird, though.
"...between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel..."

skip68

Always take the money.   :yesnod:    ALWAYS !     :2thumbs:    And no kissing on the lips.   :rotz:   This will keep it business and not get tooooooo personal.   ;) :icon_smile_big:  :nana:    JK---   Take the money Ponch.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

MichaelRW

Take the money. You will get "political capital" anyways for agreeing to do it.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Ponch ®

I posted this at LX forums and I'm getting almost the exact same responses (except for the sperm donor stuff). I'm gonna take the $, but I will at least pretend to refuse it at 1st.

Tilar

I agree, If you really need the money, take the cash. If you do "help yourself to any food or beer" you can offer to pay him for that out of your earnings. But if you give him one to start with, he'll always expect it. Plus it will be harder to start charging later than it is to charge now and then do a freebie later down the road.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Winged 1

;)
Another idea would be, if he gives you a 100, tell him its to much and offer 50 back. That way you both make out and he still will be in your debt!!  Just my  :Twocents:.
Eric

moparstuart

Quote from: Tilar on October 30, 2009, 06:17:57 PM
I agree, If you really need the money, take the cash. If you do "help yourself to any food or beer" you can offer to pay him for that out of your earnings. But if you give him one to start with, he'll always expect it. Plus it will be harder to start charging later than it is to charge now and then do a freebie later down the road.
he should tell him up front he is sterile
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

71ChallengeHer

Ponch, Thanks for calling me a lady. :D :cheers:

bull

If you have to pretend to be his boyfriend at a private Village People concert I'd say no. But if there's no gayness involved I'd do the time and take the cash.

skip68

QuoteBut if there's no gayness involved I'd do the time and take the cash.

Hold on now Bull.   Let's see how much money first.     :icon_smile_big:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

b5blue

Well we now need to know exactly WHAT for HOW MUCH to properly "advise" (spelled "curious") you on this!  ::)

Mike DC

And we're gonna need detailed pics of the daughter.   

b5blue

Yes and to be safe you need to send me the money....... :D

Rolling_Thunder

just take the $$$ dude - if it is a LOT of money talk him down to something of a more "friendly" price - that kills both birds - your an employee doing a job and getting paid for it - but you have a soul and talked him down...    IE.  He's gonna pay you $200 for 6 hours...     Tell him $150 would do - something like that. 

I recently was conned into baby-sitting a friend's house / dog for 2 weeks while he was training in the USAF- had to babysit a house up in Palos Verdes - he said $1000     I told him $500 would be fine -         It seems to keep it professional AND personal at the same time - plus if he's your boss giving him a small break helps promotions    :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

The70RT

Take the money. If you don't he may bug you all the time to get something done cheap. I have lots of bosses over me where I work. I have worked on their cars a lot. I started charging a lot more the last few years to wean off the cheapskates. A while back I told them I have a buddy that does it and here is his number, because I stopped working on cars for others. Most make 50-100k a year and wanna give you 20 bucks or a case of beer to do a couple hour job. Of course there are a couple that give more than I asked.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Smokey Bear

I'm not informed enough to give advice on male prostitution, however I will continue to monitor this thread with non-gay interest.

Daytona R/T SE

Just do it for the beer and food.

If he's a good guy, you'll at least get a reach-around  ;)

Ponch ®

Quote from: b5blue on October 30, 2009, 08:00:57 PM
Well we now need to know exactly WHAT for HOW MUCH to properly "advise" (spelled "curious") you on this!  ::)

alright alright...basically he wants me to hang out at his house for a few hours and hand out candy to trick or treaters for a few hours while he's out doing other stuff. I guess he doesn't want the place to get egged or TP'd.