News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone here have connections with any of the MoPar mags?.....>>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, October 30, 2009, 12:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny SixPack

Or any of the other MoPar mags?

Mainly MCG, as they've run at least one story about the Chicago Auto Show Chargers.

I've tried contacting Randy, but never heard back from him.

Granted that was a while ago, but as I see it, I bet he/they get plenty of smoke blowers.

Only natural that my story would cause some suspicion.

So if you've got a line to him, or anyone there, I'd really appreciate a push in the right direction.

With Carlisle's '70 model year show coming up next year, I'd really like to try and get an idea I've had floating around in head moving.

Thanks in advance!

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Ghoste

Hemidoug

As long as it doesn't involve taking pictures of any cars in A4.....he has too much trouble getting the pictures to come out right, at least that was his excuse for not taking any pictures of my car for his rag....funny how no one else seems to have that problem,...hell of a way to run a Mopar rag huh?

I have an in with Mopar Enthusiast....funny how Dave didn't have any problems with A4..... :scratchchin:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Hemidoug on October 30, 2009, 12:28:58 PM
As long as it doesn't involve taking pictures of any cars in A4.....he has too much trouble getting the pictures to come out right, at least that was his excuse for not taking any pictures of my car for his rag....funny how no one else seems to have that problem,...hell of a way to run a Mopar rag huh?

I have an in with Mopar Enthusiast....funny how Dave didn't have any problems with A4..... :scratchchin:

That'd be sweet.  :cheers:

I'm really just trying to find how many of these '70 model year demo Chargers there are left (or were), and then hopefully get them together for the Carlisle event next year.  :yesnod:

I figure magazine coverage would be the best for getting the word out.  :scratchchin:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Brock Samson

I'd beware of expecting any Prompt attention from the Magazines, or any other media source for that matter. When i was shopping my Auto Photo Portfolio around back in the early '90s Hi Perfomance Mopar Sat on it for six Mos. And I never had any clear indication they ever once even looked at it.
  Earlier this yr. the guy who came on here looking for a Black or Dark Blue Charger for a supposed Rock Video shoot blew me off and rented a Chally without ever giving me a heads up that there was a change of plans. And I was all set to do the SF to LA round trip at his convienience...
Good luck with that Johnny,..  sounds like a great idea.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Brock Samson on October 30, 2009, 01:42:57 PM
I'd beware of expecting any Prompt attention from the Magazines, or any other media source for that matter. When i was shopping my Auto Photo Portfolio around back in the early '90s Hi Perfomance Mopar Sat on it for six Mos. And I never had any clear indication they ever once even looked at it.
  Earlier this yr. the guy who came on here looking for a Black or Dark Blue Charger for a supposed Rock Video shoot blew me off and rented a Chally without ever giving me a heads up that there was a change of plans. And I was all set to do the SF to LA round trip at his convienience...

Yeah, last time I tried I did it without having an 'in'.  ::)

Nothin'. :brickwall:

So, I'm hoping with that 'in' maybe I'll get far enough that something will come out of this. :scratchchin:

It's an interesting story either way. :yesnod:

And how cool would it be to see 2, 3, 6, ? matching 1970 V2 R/T SE 440 Six Pack sunroof cars all together @ Carlisle?  :coolgleamA:  :2thumbs:
Johnny's Herd:

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: Now you got me to thinking we '69 guys should do a 40th Ann. thread of our clearly superior Chargers...  :scratchchin:

Hemidoug

Quote from: Johnny SixPack on October 30, 2009, 01:51:06 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on October 30, 2009, 01:42:57 PM

Yeah, last time I tried I did it without having an 'in'.  ::)

Nothin'. :brickwall:

So, I'm hoping with that 'in' maybe I'll get far enough that something will come out of this. :scratchchin:

It's an interesting story either way. :yesnod:

And how cool would it be to see 2, 3, 6, ? matching 1970 V2 R/T SE 440 Six Pack sunroof cars all together @ Carlisle?  :coolgleamA:  :2thumbs:

Unless you are a big time advertiser, restorer, or butt buddy your chances of getting into MCG are nill....

I ran into the dickhead at Carlisle....I had my A4 charger and a 70 A4 (forgot who it belongs to but he is a member here) parked side by side....thought it would be a good opportunity to get some pics of 2 rare cars in a rare color combo (both cars are IDENTICAL)....but NOOOOO...."A4 is too hard to shoot"....what a bunch of total BS....just tell me you aren't interested instead of trying to blow smoke up my ass. I'll never forget that. He's just lucky he has some cool t shirts.

Hemidoug

Why don't you go into detail about what you have in mind...just so I can get it right....

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Hemidoug on October 30, 2009, 02:06:34 PM
Why don't you go into detail about what you have in mind...just so I can get it right....

Well, there was a group of V2 R/T SE sunroof Chargers that were all built on the 2nd day of production, with sequential VINs and order #s, same options/colors/motors/everything.

The group was for displaying the options/colors/motors available for the 1970 model year.

I know the guy who has ...932 (either the 1st or the 2nd of the group), ...933 is the Chicago Auto Show Charger, ...934 is mine and I've found another with ...942, which means there was at least 10 built exactly the same.

The other nine went out to the largest Dodge dealerships as dealer display models.

I know of at least four currently, but only mine and the CAS Charger are in drivable shape.

I'm trying to find out if the others are still out there, and if they are, see if we can somehow get them altogether for the Carlisle show.
Johnny's Herd:

Troy

I posted pictures of one a while back (I bought a quarter from the owner). He was restoring it at the time. I don't know if I still have the contact info though.

Ask 3--daytona about dealing with MCG... ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Troy on October 30, 2009, 02:38:07 PM
I posted pictures of one a while back (I bought a quarter from the owner). He was restoring it at the time. I don't know if I still have the contact info though.

Ask 3--daytona about dealing with MCG... ;)

Troy

Troy, I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd pass along the info if you run across it.

Thanks in advance!  :cheers:

Ok, so the concensus is that MCG isn't going to be much help.  :hah: :shruggy: :slap: :smilielol:
Johnny's Herd:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Johnny SixPack on October 30, 2009, 12:21:16 PM

Mainly MCG, as they've run at least one story about the Chicago Auto Show Chargers.

Granted that was a while ago, but as I see it, I bet he/they get plenty of smoke blowers.

So if you've got a line to him, or anyone there, I'd really appreciate a push in the right direction.

With Carlisle's '70 model year show coming up next year, I'd really like to try and get an idea I've had floating around in head moving.

Thanks in advance!

Johnny

I think Travis (69charger2002) Knows the MCG guys pretty well  :2thumbs:

Alaskan_TA

As far as MCG goes, just run an ad in the 1970 Charger section.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on October 30, 2009, 04:54:34 PM
Quote from: Johnny SixPack on October 30, 2009, 12:21:16 PM

Thanks in advance!

Johnny

I think Travis (69charger2002) Knows the MCG guys pretty well  :2thumbs:

Thanks, man.  :cheers:

I'll pm Travis and see what he thinks.
Johnny's Herd:

greenpigs

BrianSnausges knows E booger and has been in a few Mopar Actions or at least his hands.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: greenpigs on October 31, 2009, 08:07:50 AM
BrianSnausges knows E booger and has been in a few Mopar Actions or at least his hands.

Thanks Piggy.  :cheers:
Johnny's Herd:

BrianShaughnessy

PM received,  PM replied.

Remember kids...  a story has to have a hook.   Just like a song.   

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on October 31, 2009, 12:28:53 PM

PM received,  PM replied.

Remember kids...  a story has to have a hook.   Just like a song.   

I threw one in with the chorus.  :rock:
Johnny's Herd:

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: nascarxx29 on October 31, 2009, 01:41:22 PM
The only thing I seen is this
http://mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=SC0508-67175

Yep, that's ...933.

Steve W. has ...932 (exact same car), and mine is ...934 (exact same car).

I've also got pix (from Steve) of ...941 (exact same car).
Johnny's Herd:

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Johnny SixPack

That's awesome!  :2thumbs:

That's ...940, one before that last one I know of, and definitely one of the demo Chargers.  :yesnod:

Thanks for posting that ad.  :cheers:
Johnny's Herd:

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:

Johnny SixPack

Blast from the past!

Ran into a guy who owns 926, which is the earliest of the Chicago "16".

Anyone else run across any of these Chargers?

TIA!
Johnny's Herd: