News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Original valve covers?

Started by Alan73Charger, October 12, 2015, 05:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan73Charger

Hey guys,

Wanting to get the M/T's that were on my 73 when I bought it.  The correct plug wires are even to short to fit over them.  I have a couple options.  I could go Mopar P5007611AB Black Cast Aluminum that are more OEM height and I'm sure they would look great but really wanting to get it back to the original look.  I came across these covers on eBay.  Guy says they're off a 74 charger with a 318 so I would assume pretty much a match for what would of been on the 73.  Can you take a look at these and tell me if they look right?  I have the mopar blue paint and would love to get these but want to make sure its the right move.

Thanks a bunch!
Wife said spend more time with me and less time with that Mopar.
I actually love being single!

Ghoste

They look right to me, but...  :shruggy:

MoParJW

I also like the look of the original valve covers, but don't forget to check them for straightness before painting, they warp easily from overtightening.
'68 Plymouth Satellite sedan 318

Alan73Charger

Quote from: Ghoste on October 13, 2015, 04:50:35 AM
They look right to me, but...  :shruggy:

But what Ghoste?  Yea I know a few dings but the price isn't bad.  I probably should ask to see the insides.  Who knows, baffles could be covered in rust or something!!

Alan73Charger

Quote from: MoParJW on October 13, 2015, 05:46:48 AM
I also like the look of the original valve covers, but don't forget to check them for straightness before painting, they warp easily from overtightening.

Thanks for the heads up.  Yes I'm buying them off eBay so I'll ask the guy to verify they're straight.  If not he can keep them or I'll send them back if I get them and they're warped. 

VegasCharger

Quote from: Alan73Charger on October 13, 2015, 08:31:19 AM

Thanks for the heads up.  Yes I'm buying them off eBay so I'll ask the guy to verify they're straight.  If not he can keep them or I'll send them back if I get them and they're warped. 

Let me know if that doesn't work out as I have a pair from a 1974 318 you can have on the cheap. They are OEM and not sand blasted.

Alan73Charger

Quote from: VegasCharger on October 13, 2015, 03:52:57 PM
Quote from: Alan73Charger on October 13, 2015, 08:31:19 AM

Let me know if that doesn't work out as I have a pair from a 1974 318 you can have on the cheap. They are OEM and not sand blasted.

So ready to primer and paint?  What's "on the cheap"?  Honestly this guy hasn't responded to any messages asking to see inside them or about how straight they are.  He is also offering no refunds.  If you can shoot me a couple pics of yours I would rather buy from you.

ODZKing

So I am going to assume you have a small block Alan. For what it is worth, I searched 318 Survivor and came up with a few pictures ... this one looking like the best candidate.

Alan73Charger

Quote from: ODZKing on October 14, 2015, 09:38:00 AM
So I am going to assume you have a small block Alan. For what it is worth, I searched 318 Survivor and came up with a few pictures ... this one looking like the best candidate.

You're correct.  Good idea on the search words.  I had looked around and hadn't found an example as nice as this one.  Thanks for the input.