News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is this?

Started by chargerkid01, October 29, 2009, 09:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerkid01

Hey all,
  Looking at buying an 08 ram. It was wrecked The guy said the right front wing was replaced. What the H E double hocking sticks is a right front wing on an 08 dodge ram 3500?? Could someone help me asap?? :cheers:

8WHEELER

I have heard people say that term regarding the fender   :shruggy:  not sure in this case.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

chargerkid01

Thanks, But I think this is starting to become one of those to good to be true deals. The truck was on autotrader and I contacted the guy he said he is on an oil platform . I'll post the emails. You tell me what ya'll think.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in buying my car. Let me tell you a few words about the car.It's a  2008 Dodge Ram 3500 4X4, in perfect condition, with no need for additional repairs, no scratches, dings, special marks whatsoever, it has been involved in a light accident but was restored with all original parts at Dodge Dealership. The interior looks great (NO SMOKING). It has a clear title ready to be signed and notarized on your name. The price is not negotiable, $12,500.00 is my last price.I sell the car at this price because I cannot use it due to my job(I work as a engineer on a oil platform)

You have some details about my car here :

Year: 2008
Make: DODGE
Model: RAM 3500, 4X4
Body type:Pickup truck
Cab type (for trucks only):Crew cab
Condition: Used
Mileage: 40500
VIN:3d7mx38a48g182973
Engine: 6 Cylinder
Exterior color: Silver
Interior color: Gray
Transmission: Manual
Fuel type: Diesel
4-Wheel drive CD player

For more pictures just click the link bellow:
http://www.use.com/tmpviewer.pl?uid=16243&saveid=74411

Engineer.
   Daniel Henry

Daniel,

Let me start off by saying You have a beautiful truck, and yes I'm interested in it. I have a couple more questions. I don't want to hound you or want you to think anything bad. I'll start off by asking is the truck still available? It is no longer on autotrader is why I ask. Your email said it has a clear title, but the article said it has a rebuilt title, which is it? I ask because I would be financing and I'm not sure if my bank would go for it. Next, when is it a good time to come look at it I live in Bloomingdale, Ohio and the truck is in Columbus, I am available on the weekends. I work and go to school during the week.Can you tell me what all was replaced and what happened from the accident and do you have paper work on it? I have a couple more questions. With it being a 6.7 have you had any trouble with it? I did see it has a recall on the steering linkage, has that been taken care of? I know that this was a lot of questions, but please realize I'm over 100 miles away from it and all the information is important to me. Is therer a phone number I can contact you from the one I got does not go through. My cell phone number is 17402751111 my home number is 17409441283. You have my email address also so please feel free to contact me.

Thank you,
Keith Miller

Hello,
Yes, the truck is still available,and is no longer on Autotrader because the listing expired two days ago. It has a rebuilt title, but the car is completely repaired and it is in a perfect condition. I told you in my previous email I am on a oil platform right now and i can not handle the transaction personally. I've chose Ebay vehicle purchase protection to handle the transaction and the shipping. I have not experienced any kind of problem  with the 6.7 engine,and the body parts that had been changed are:right headlamp, front bumper, right front wing and steering linkage. For any further questions don't hesitate to mail me.
Thanks.

Engineer.
   Daniel Henry

I don't want to sound like an idiot, but what is the right front wing? I ask because the other parts that where replaced should not have caused this truck to have a rebuilt title. My dad is an auto body tech. Was there any kind of frame damage or did the air bags deploy?? How do I go about setting up a date to come look at it? Can you or ebay provide me a carfax?

Like I said I'm really interested, I'm just trying to figure out why it has a rebuilt title if the damage is so minimal. Let me know about those few questions please.

Thank you,
Keith

Hello,
I've attached some pics with the carfax, the last owner had some problems and he rebuilt the car...but now it is in a perfect condition. The car is now at the shipping company sealed in a wooden crate, and it cannot be seen until it is being shipped.
If you are really interested after the car will be delivered, you will get a 5 days inspection period while you can test drive and get it to a mechanic or a dealership and after that you will decide if you keep the car or send it back.

Engineer.
   Daniel Henry

stripedelete

"a perfect condition" X 2 + "wing".  He may be a "Britt".   Rebuilding a salvage at a dealership is not common, unless it sustained more that 600.00(?) damage b4 it was titled.  However, I don't think that would necessarily fall under "salvage" title. I think that may be some type of disclosure, I can't remember.  He could be referring to OEM parts if it's a translation/semantics issue (when he says dealership).   Long shot, but ask him if he knows the name of the dealership and call them.

Much agree the mileage, year, and stated damage, does not usually come out to a salvage title.   That was a pretty good smack.

Columbus Ohio, oil rig, shipping crate, salvage title and vague memory.. All things that make you go hmm. 

On the other hand it may be worth some investigating.  A good friend was selling an antique wood boat a few years ago.  He was contacted by a surgeon from France who offered him 3 times what the boat was worth. An absolute record for the size, make, and model (mind you, this was not a Chris, Hacker, or Dodge).  We all screamed scam, including his banker.  To prove it the banker opened a special account for the money to be wired into.  Long story short.  The money did get wired, a truck showed up, and we now all have pictures of the stupid boat on the French Riviera. 

chargerkid01

If I could get the car fax up here I would. It is not the wreck that toatled it. The truck had 3 owners and on the car fax there is a section that says total loss ( what the reffers to I don't know ) but that is where the title problem comes up. Whats your email I will foward it to you.

poppa

Not real knowledgable in this area. Did they make a 3500 6 cyl diesel??
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

ACUDANUT

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

chargerkid01

yeah dodge uses the 6.7 liter cummins in their diesel trucks now I'd rather have the 5.9 L cummins. they are both inline six

Blown70

Quote from: chargerkid01 on October 31, 2009, 09:58:54 AM
yeah dodge uses the 6.7 liter cummins in their diesel trucks now I'd rather have the 5.9 L cummins. they are both inline six

Umm RUN and RUN, quicly...

Or I do have some ocean front property in Arizona for you to buy, wire me $10,000 and I will tell you more?

Truck in a CRATE?  UMMMM yea, save your $$ esp if you are going to get a loan.....

Tom

skip68

SCAM ! ! !    These kind of deals are all SCAMS....    They are not around to handle the transaction and choose ebag and want you to wire them money.     :slap:    NEVER,  NEVER buy anything this way.    :rotz:      No more buying site unseen in this day and age.   Unless you have a person check it out for you, DON'T BUY ANYTHING LIKE THIS.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

FOR FUN WHY DON'T YOU TELL HIM TO CALL YOU.    :smilielol: :rofl:     I'm betting you will get an email that says "I am not able to get to a phone because of my job"....   Send me money... :smilielol:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

chargerkid01

He has not asked me to send money or anything. That is what I don't understand. I've been scammed before and this is all weird, he is doing it way different than usual. I'm tempted to see if he will ship the truck let me check it out without paying. :smilielol:

The70RT

Quote from: chargerkid01 on October 31, 2009, 05:22:59 PM
He has not asked me to send money or anything. That is what I don't understand. I've been scammed before and this is all weird, he is doing it way different than usual. I'm tempted to see if he will ship the truck let me check it out without paying. :smilielol:

Sure they will do that after you send money for shipping and get nothing.  It all seems to be a standard form idiots use....it all sounds too familier. Tell him you know someone close by to inspect the truck.....you will never hear from him again.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

chargerkid01

Already been to that point, I asked him for the company's contact info that is suppose to have truck and he like totally vanished. If I get anymore info I will post it. I'm done with it. I sure the hell ain't giving no money for it.

ACUDANUT

Well, there you go. It's a scam.

gtx6970

Is the truck supposed to be in Columbus Ohio. ?
If so, I'm less than 2 hours away from there and can go look at it if needed

provided he replies with the trucks exact location

chargerkid01

Thank you, but hell I'd go look at it I only live in Bloomingdale , Ohio. I told him today when he asked for my phone number and shipping info that I had found one locally (not true still looking). he said it was up to him to pay to ship it to my house. I thought about giving him my address, but if it was a scam then someone has my address phone number and email F that stuff!! Ill find one someday!!

HITMAN 149

SCAM!!!!!!!!!! ebay DOES NOT handle any transactions as a middle man!!!!!!!!
runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!! run far away lol
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/