News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pix of Chargers with F60-15s needed!.....>>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, October 29, 2009, 05:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny SixPack

*edit*

Not nearly as catchy a title though.  :rotz: :icon_smile_big:

Ok, bonered the style of tire the B.S. called for.

Apparently, I need F60-15s.

So, same premise, need pix of Chargers with F60-15s with raised white lettering.

*edit*

Thanks a lot!

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

b5blue

The70RT

Quote from: Johnny SixPack on October 29, 2009, 05:40:49 PM
Tires, that is.

I'm on the fence about getting redlines for my '70 R/T SE (they were the stock tire for my car) before Carlisle next year, and I'm asking those of you with them to post your pix.

Heck, even if all you've got is old pix showing Chargers (Charger's only please), post 'em up.

Also, what brands are those of you on the redline using?

Thanks a lot!

Johnny

Is there a certain code for them on the build sheet?...or does it say....?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

histoy

Had relines on our '68 Charger, and have them on our '68 Coronet R/T as well.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: The70RT on October 29, 2009, 06:03:43 PM
Quote from: Johnny SixPack on October 29, 2009, 05:40:49 PM
Tires, that is.

I'm on the fence about getting redlines for my '70 R/T SE (they were the stock tire for my car) before Carlisle next year, and I'm asking those of you with them to post your pix.

Heck, even if all you've got is old pix showing Chargers (Charger's only please), post 'em up.

Also, what brands are those of you on the redline using?

Thanks a lot!

Johnny

Is there a certain code for them on the build sheet?...or does it say....?

3402068 (F60 x 15s) is the only nomenclature I can find. :shruggy:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Johnny SixPack

Hold on here, is this what a F60-15 looks like?

I ask, as this is the 1970 Chicago Auto Show Charger, and my Charger was built exactly the same (next car in production line).
Johnny's Herd:

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:

Just 6T9 CHGR

No Redlines on a '70 please....especially with Rally wheels :nono:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on October 29, 2009, 08:01:25 PM

My Bad!  :icon_smile_blackeye: :icon_smile_big:

Chris, so the F60-15s would be the correct option?

Did Dodge use the Polyglas, or Wide Oval?

Or was there another option beyond those two?
Johnny's Herd:

Dodge Don

Quote from: Johnny SixPack on October 29, 2009, 08:11:50 PM
Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on October 29, 2009, 08:01:25 PM

My Bad!  :icon_smile_blackeye: :icon_smile_big:

Chris, so the F60-15s would be the correct option?

Did Dodge use the Polyglas, or Wide Oval?

Or was there another option beyond those two?

Polyglas.

I have a complete set of F60x15 Goodyear Polyglas on Rallyes for show duty and another set of Rallyes with BF Goodrich Radial T/As for street,.

The Polyglas would basically suck for street. Plus they are way expensive so they will get trotted out only for show duty.

No redlines on a 70....

Johnny SixPack

OK, I think I'm getting the feeling that redlines and '70 Chargers don't mix.  :scratchchin: :rofl:

Man, another set of rallyes wouldn't be cheap either.

Maybe I'll just focus on the top and luggage rack. :yesnod:
Johnny's Herd:

472 R/T SE

If you plan on driving a bunch & I know you do, "Just say NO to bias ply tires".

I learned my lesson.  I always thought it'd be cool to have them on a factory restored ride until I drove to Seattle on them.

Where the road was rutted out it was everything I had to keep it in my lane.  Tires were properly inflated & the front end was new.

:Twocents:

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 29, 2009, 09:05:57 PM
If you plan on driving a bunch & I know you do, "Just say NO to bias ply tires".

I learned my lesson.  I always thought it'd be cool to have them on a factory restored ride until I drove to Seattle on them.

Where the road was rutted out it was everything I had to keep it in my lane.  Tires were properly inflated & the front end was new.

:Twocents:

Yeah, I know what you mean.  :yesnod:

I think Don's idea is great, but it'd suck to have to drag around around set of wheels/tires.  :brickwall:
Johnny's Herd:

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd: