News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

any newer charger owners in here?

Started by CindyBee, October 28, 2009, 04:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CindyBee

hi guys ;D, i just biught a 07 r/t, totally luv it! :drool5:, was wondering if there was any others out here that had the new(bastard) version... really enjoy the pics of the classics!!  :2thumbs:

Blown70

hahah (bastard)version.... A few have them most just dont like the 4 door issue etc.....

Dont get bull started.....hahhaha

CindyBee

yikes! dont wanna get any ones shorts ina knot, completely understandable tho.... :icon_smile_dissapprove:.... 

b5blue

Blown70

One of the mods here has one Chris... he has a 69 and 08?  maybe.... seems to like it....

WELCOME BTW....

CindyBee

thanks for the welcome blue! :cheers:, and to blown as well :cheers:! nice to meet yas;

Ponch ®

08 owner here!

Don't let the haters run you off. Some of us love both the new ones and the classics!
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

CindyBee

wow!, nice ride ponch! :drool5: the few fellas that have replied have been nice, i wont let em run me off, as far as i can see, im tha only chick-a-dee in here, so...  :coolgleamA:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: CindyBee on October 28, 2009, 05:40:57 PM
as far as i can see, im tha only chick-a-dee in here, so...  :coolgleamA:

Nope....there's Jackie (71Challengeher), Shelby (Shelby S/C), Lisa (Skip68), Jen (dart3404) and a bunch more :yesnod:

Welcome to the site by the way. I'm one of the guys who likes both new and old Chargers :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

NHCharger

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 28, 2009, 06:11:22 PM
Welcome to the site by the way. I'm one of the guys who likes both new and old Chargers :2thumbs:

Welcome  :cheers:  I'm one of the guys that loves the old and tolerates the new ;)
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

SG1022

Yeah, I am kind of Indifferent towards them

RTDaddy

CB,
Welcome to the site.  I have one of the GoMango 06 Daytona's, (the wife's ride).  She loves it, I think it has two to many doors and is short one pdeal in the floor.   :icon_smile_big:

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."
"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bull

I can't tell you how refreshing it is to hear from someone like you, Cindy. :2thumbs: Someone who likes the new "Charger" and yet is willing to admit that many people would not like it and can understand why. It's gotten old trying to explain that to people and here you come along with it all figured out. I'm glad you like your "Charger" and had they named it something else I'd probably be ok with it too.

Welcome to the site. :2thumbs:

CindyBee

aw, gosh,..thanks for the warm welcomes! ;D glad to see theres more ladies in tha joint... ah, yes, bull... im sorry that i am only old enuff to remember your charger from a hokey t.v. show ( that kicked butt as far as 8-15 yr olds at the time were concerned...) but thaT WAS ENUFF TO SPARK SUMTHING IN ME...NOW,  dont get me wrong,...like i said, i understand the adversion to the bastard child of the new mellenium... but to quote Rodney King " Cant We All Just Get Along? :icon_smile_wink:

CindyBee

by tha way, that 8-15 yr old kid is now 36, and a pround owner of a Dodge CHARGER... i dont care how much n e one protests, it wont wipe that silly grin off my face when i go 120 mph in 4 th gear at 3500rpms/!!! aaaahhh  hahahaha ;D

RD

welcome cindy,

i am 37 and am a owner of the old (though my 3rd gen is still given crap for being something other than a orange brick with an 01 on the door :D ).  got any pics of your ride?  have you done any modifications to it?  I got an 05 dodge truck with the hemi and love the piss out of it.  i have test driven the charger (chagnum) r/t and found it to be a good car in its own right.

again, welcome to the site.

p.s.  let us know when you want to put a 440ci in that car of yours hehe
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

CindyBee

will work on pics for u guys, only owned it for a week now, just gettin over the giddy-ness (is that even a word?) of it all.... it is pearl white with orange rally stripes on it , perfect black and grey leather interior in it,... so far the only one i've seen in the Ocala-Gainesville area...

dodgecharger-fan

I've got an 07 - just an SE, but in an interesting colour.

and I'm working on a 69 - again a base model but an interesting options list.

Welcome to the site!

CindyBee

what color u got chargerfan?...   :popcrn: cant see pic...

dodgecharger-fan

Marine Blue - I added in the pic as an attachment..  :cheers:

aone415

Welcome aboard Cindy... and I would definitely drive a new SRT8 or the Road Track pack cars  :2thumbs:

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

CindyBee

ah, see it now, nice blue! :D no,really, like the color! quite different...

CindyBee

ooohh the srt8... now theres a dream... :drool5:  nice!  theres a show thats here in N.CENTRAL FLA  coming up, Hot Dogs, Cool Cats, to benefit the humane society of marion co., was thinking about entering it , stock, of course,.. thought it might be fun...

CindyBee

would like to get out and hang with other bee keepers....lol :smilielol:

loudmouthaussie

1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

Brock Samson

:wave:  Welcome to the site and congrats on your Charger Cindybee...

Now,.. given a choice between the two which would you rather have?..  :D

CindyBee

hey, aone415, how'd ya come up with that color?,... neat! :cheers:

CindyBee

first, let me say LUV tha screen name!~brock sampson!~ tha venture bros. kick ass!~ n e ways.... boy, thats a tuff one,...  :scratchchin: the classic is just that~ classic,... the original, while the newer (bastard) version is just that, it keeps the muscle car feel and look of the old while utilizing reminding us of the past...

Brock Samson

Good answer,..  I vote she can stay..  :yesnod:

CindyBee

im not worthy :o  thanks brock!  :cheers: i have the capacity to appriciate one, while loving the other~  :2thumbs: thanks for the good conversation this evening, im afraid i must retire for now, hope to see all here tomorrow! :coolgleamA:

CindyBee

p.s. im partial to the squidbillies myself, @ brock :icon_smile_big:

aone415

Quote from: CindyBee on October 28, 2009, 09:01:42 PM
p.s. im partial to the squidbillies myself, @ brock :icon_smile_big:

It's all about Aqua Teen Hunger Force Cindy....

As for the color of the car... it's called MM1 Bronze... an original color for 1968 Chargers

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

ITSA426

My name is Lee and I'm addicted to Chargers.....  We could start a group!  

I've bought a yellow Rumble Bee to tow my 66 hemi charger.  When we went to buy my bride a 300C, I saw the brochure for the Top Banana 06 Daytona so we bought that instead.  At 120, it handles much better than the first generation cars.

My bride enjoyed it enough that she bought an 08 SXT with hot leather seats, adjustable pedals, sunroof and a spoiler.  

Welcome CindyBee.

CindyBee

frylock rules!~ btw....  like that color aone,... hate to say its pretty,... fetching?... that work? :rotz:

CindyBee

itsa,  mine is a 07 r/t, heated seats, telescoping pedals, 6 disk in dash c/d changer, sat. radio, leather interior, u-comm phone  lots o stuff!

bull

Quote from: CindyBee on October 28, 2009, 08:49:01 PM
first, let me say LUV tha screen name!~brock sampson!~ tha venture bros. kick ass!~ n e ways.... boy, thats a tuff one,...  :scratchchin: the classic is just that~ classic,... the original, while the newer (bastard) version is just that, it keeps the muscle car feel and look of the old while utilizing reminding us of the past...

Anyone who calls it the "bastard version" is alright with me, whether they own one or not. :yesnod:

captnsim

Ponch ®

Quote from: CindyBee on October 28, 2009, 07:59:35 PM
will work on pics for u guys, only owned it for a week now, just gettin over the giddy-ness (is that even a word?) of it all.... it is pearl white with orange rally stripes on it , perfect black and grey leather interior in it,... so far the only one i've seen in the Ocala-Gainesville area...

you should hook up with these guys

http://www.lxforums.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=222

One of the best things u can do is to start hanging out with your local LX club. There will always be someone willing to help you do a mod, fix something, or hook you up with parts and mods on the cheap.

Quote from: bull on October 28, 2009, 06:52:13 PM
I can't tell you how refreshing it is to hear from someone like you, Cindy. :2thumbs: Someone who likes the new "Charger" and yet is willing to admit that many people would not like it and can understand why. It's gotten old trying to explain that to people and here you come along with it all figured out. I'm glad you like your "Charger" and had they named it something else I'd probably be ok with it too.

wow...is that a kinder and gentler bull we're seeing? or is it just cuz she's a girl?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

bull

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 28, 2009, 10:18:43 PM
Quote from: bull on October 28, 2009, 06:52:13 PM

wow...is that a kinder and gentler bull we're seeing? or is it just cuz she's a girl?

Nah, it's just nice to see a new "Charger" fan that admits it ain't quite up to par. I used to try explaining my position on this to people who kept trying to convince me that it lived up to the name. At least Cindy admits the new one does not do the Charger legacy any justice and is ok with that.

mikesbbody

Welcome Cindy  :cheers: I have a 72, but I like the new Charger's I would own one in a heartbeat if I could  :yesnod:

OneofNoneRT

Hi CindyB! :cheers: Welcome aboard, Seems like you have made quite the splash so far.. Even Got Bull to mellow some :smilielol:, As you may have noticed there is alot here that are enjoying Both worlds, Just they dont mention it here. Maybe someday they will come out of the closet :smilielol:
  I cant believe the guys have not pestered you more for pics!  Yeah and I would like to see the car too! :smilielol:
If you venture over to the LXForums Be careful they have a different view as to "Cool". A pimped Charger  IMO is one of the most disgraceful things that could be done to the Chargers, Old or New..
Here is a thread that will help you find some of the nifty little things about your new Ride..
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6153
Again Welcome and come back, even if its questions/ comments on the New (Bastard) version! We will help where we can and maybe we can find you a "Real" one For you to fall in love with!!  :cheers:
1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

ITSA426

Quote from: CindyBee on October 28, 2009, 09:13:14 PM
itsa,  mine is a 07 r/t, heated seats, telescoping pedals, 6 disk in dash c/d changer, sat. radio, leather interior, u-comm phone  lots o stuff!

My Daytona is equipped similarly.  I find the U-connect to be more like useless connect unless you're almost parked but I ordered it just to get the auto dimming mirror.  It's still a great car to drive.  The useless connect issues could have something to do with the mic location, sunroof and wind noise when the interior top panel is slid back.  I do love all the other trinkets in it.

We probably still have to look at getting you into a classic Charger, although you seem to be softening some of these people up.  Soon we'll find out that more of them secretly own LX platform Chargers.

NGC414

My wife just bought a 09 Charger R/T AWD, Its one of the few we could find with the hemi and all wheel drive. It has heated leather, power pedal adjustments, navigation and every other bell and whistle you can think of.

I love the car. We use it as a family car. The kids can get in and out easily, lots of trunk room, I imagine the all-wheel drive will be great in the winter and the power is decent.

My wife wanted something sporty, but needed 4 doors and a good winter driver. The charger has exceeded our expectations.

Ponch ®

Quote from: OneofNoneRT on October 29, 2009, 06:22:54 AM

If you venture over to the LXForums Be careful they have a different view as to "Cool". A pimped Charger  IMO is one of the most disgraceful things that could be done to the Chargers, Old or New..

Well see...that's where we get into the whole generational/cultural gap thing where to some guys anything with wheels bigger than 16" is 'bling bling' and 'pimped' out. But there's a big difference between "pimping out" your car in a ridiculous or insipid manner (like that pink charger from a few days ago) and modding it in a classy, somewhat subtle manner like what I've done to my car (if I may set all modesty aside for a minute) or like what this guy did to his 300 (which admittedly is in an entirely different league than my car).

Blown70

Ponch, your car I like  :2thumbs:... the pink abomination.....  :rotz:

I still dont like the Charger they put out, personally, but your car would make me look and say well that is not just too bad... :2thumbs:

OneofNoneRT

Just so were clear..Mines got 20's..  :coolgleamA: Need that size to fill the openings.. Even 20's on 2nd gen if its done with performance in mind I have no problem with :2thumbs:. The Pink Thingy is more what I am talkin about.. :eek2:
1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

Ponch ®

Quote from: OneofNoneRT on October 29, 2009, 03:13:26 PM
Just so were clear..Mines got 20's..  :coolgleamA: Need that size to fill the openings.. Even 20's on 2nd gen if its done with performance in mind I have no problem with :2thumbs:. The Pink Thingy is more what I am talkin about.. :eek2:

Yeah, though it seems to me that for the most part, the "old guys" (and I don't necessarily mean you, just in general) can't seem to make the distinction between the pink car (which definitely isn't getting any love at places like lxforums) and the cars that are modded in a more tasteful manner. They hear 20's and start making "bling bling" and "pimped out" jokes.

CindyBee

good eve guyz!... just catching up on the posts from last nite,...  :puke: on that pinkish purple abortion!!~~ jeeze, just when ya think youve done sum pretty postive public relations for the "bastard".... :brickwall: gawd, had i seen that.... :smilielol:

CindyBee

the tag on that shouldve been "what happens when barney gets trashed and screwz tha barbie mobile?"... :smilielol:

BlaineKaiser450

my dad has a 2007 Super Bee SRT-8 #259 of 1000 and its pretty nice acctually! I just dont think of it as a charger
1969 Plymouth Satellite - 440 - 727 - 3.73 - 8 3/4 Suregrip

1993 Dodge W350 Dually

1999 F250 7.3

CindyBee

what would you think of it as then?.. :popcrn: