News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

my gtx restomod

Started by GTXtreme, October 28, 2009, 03:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTXtreme

Quote from: GreenMachine on February 01, 2010, 05:11:12 PM
  My suggestion for a horn button.  :2thumbs:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GRT-5674/

thanx greenmachine, thats pretty bad ass im definetly gonna have to get that. 

also i should have move pics up this week. Its just that wet sanding and polishing chrome takes way to long.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bakerhillpins

WOW, you have done all this in a soft side garage?  ::) Very impressive.

Excellent work.  :cheers:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

SG1022

Quote from: GTXtreme on February 01, 2010, 04:53:41 PM
Quote from: SG1022 on January 31, 2010, 01:18:13 PM
Amazing resto!!

Reminds me of the Pure Vision "Hammer" roadrunner they built(it was used in the end of one of the fast and furious's).

yea i forgot about that car. it was a sick looking car. Wonder what happend to it?

Don't quote me on this, but I believe it sold for just over 200k. 

GTXtreme

Quote from: bakerhillpins on February 02, 2010, 11:20:57 AM
WOW, you have done all this in a soft side garage?  ::) Very impressive.

Excellent work.  :cheers:

thanks for all the compliments,  your gotta see whats going on in the garage right now, its a numbers matching 70 six pac gtx thats being built by one of my friends while i take on mine, so he's always around to help me and tell me when im messing up.

GTXtreme

Quote from: SG1022 on February 02, 2010, 01:42:49 PM
Amazing resto!!

Reminds me of the Pure Vision "Hammer" roadrunner they built(it was used in the end of one of the fast and furious's).

yea i forgot about that car. it was a sick looking car. Wonder what happend to it?

thats was a beautiful car.  i really liked the dash too but i didnt think i could take on something like that

SG1022

Quote from: GTXtreme on February 02, 2010, 04:06:02 PM
Quote from: SG1022 on February 02, 2010, 01:42:49 PM
Amazing resto!!

thats was a beautiful car.  i really liked the dash too but i didnt think i could take on something like that

With out knowing you or what you have done, I might not think you could do it either.  After seeing your thread, I think you could do something like that easy.

The dask was also my favrite part of the car, kind of retro, but still modern. That is what I want to do with my 73 charger.  That's why I started with a 73SE 318 2 bbl with no options

GTXtreme

:2thumbs:  your have more confidence in me then i do.  this is my first project that ive taken on, i got the car when i was fifteen and only started on it at 20.  what ever i have done to the car i picked up from hanging around shops or learning from a friend of mine over the last five years.   We barted back and forth so thats how my car got this far and his house is what it is today. As fas at the dash goes i have something in the works but really havent had much time to get it started its a slow process. :brickwall:

Rolling_Thunder

Not to sound like a wet blanket but you're going to have fun putting your wiper linkage in  :cheers:

Beautiful car overall -  I was going to go with a similar color combo with my 69 Road Runner...     :D
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bakerhillpins

Quote from: GTXtreme on February 02, 2010, 04:05:03 PM
WOW, you have done all this in a soft side garage?  ::) Very impressive.

Excellent work.  :cheers:

thanks for all the compliments,  your gotta see whats going on in the garage right now, its a numbers matching 70 six pac gtx thats being built by one of my friends while i take on mine, so he's always around to help me and tell me when im messing up.

Whoops... I just realized that I clicked on the wrong smiley.... I meant  :o   not  ::) (which happens to be right next to it).   :lol: :slap:  Glad you took it as was intended... a compliment.

I have always been worried that getting a project without having a real garage (I have a gravel floor barn) would be an impossible task. You have certainly proven that not to be the case.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

GTXtreme

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on February 02, 2010, 05:47:12 PM
Not to sound like a wet blanket but you're going to have fun putting your wiper linkage in  :cheers:

Beautiful car overall -  I was going to go with a similar color combo with my 69 Road Runner...     :D

i betcha i wont  :nana:  no wipers! :D.   its a great color but i was afraid it was gonna be to light with the black hood.  i originally thinking of going with some kind of graphite like the dakota r/ts came in but this definetly worked out.  i really wish that i got the car finished alot sooner becouse i keep seeing more silver cars pop up.  Thes a guy in michigan with a similuar color combo that was featured in mopar action a few months ago.

GTXtreme

Quote from: bakerhillpins on February 02, 2010, 05:56:54 PM
Quote from: GTXtreme on February 02, 2010, 04:05:03 PM
WOW, you have done all this in a soft side garage?  ::) Very impressive.

Excellent work.  :cheers:

thanks for all the compliments,  your gotta see whats going on in the garage right now, its a numbers matching 70 six pac gtx thats being built by one of my friends while i take on mine, so he's always around to help me and tell me when im messing up.

Whoops... I just realized that I clicked on the wrong smiley.... I meant  :o   not  ::) (which happens to be right next to it).   :lol: :slap:  Glad you took it as was intended... a compliment.

I have always been worried that getting a project without having a real garage (I have a gravel floor barn) would be an impossible task. You have certainly proven that not to be the case.

i hate keeping the car outside. The weather pays a toll on the cars. i used to have a garage for it but t was to far away to keep the car in and try to work on it every night, it currently houses a 70 hemi charger r/t thats very hapy there.  that carport moved to three diffrent places in that yard leaving nice brown spots all over the yard until my friend finally had his driveway extended for me to keep my car there  until i get my car running.

GTXtreme

sorry for such a delay, life has just gotten in the way a little.  here are some more pics of the progress ive done.

GTXtreme

chargergirl

AMAZING! Looks amazing!
Trust your Woobie!

GTXtreme

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Long Island RT

1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

Black Charger

That might be the nicest GTX I have ever seen. I hope to see it in person someday. What a car!

vancamp

gorgous car, one the nicest gtx,s ive seen :2thumbs:

BigBlackDodge

Thats one tidy looking engine bay! :notworthy:

BBD

GTXtreme

Quote from: Long Island RT on July 06, 2010, 11:36:58 PM
Stunning :drool5: :drool5:
:cheers:

thanx.  im still looking foward to seeing your car!

Wicked72

MY god man that car is amazing! How about a vid of that badass ride! :2thumbs: :cheers:
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

GTXtreme

I had some engine problems but as soon as I get it all buttoned back up I'll be sure to do that

GTXtreme

ooopss!!!!

i ended up toasting my motor which really sucks and it already messed up my plans for the summer.