News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 68 Charger resto mod Update 09-07-2013 NEW PICTURES ON THE GROUND

Started by speedfreak68, October 28, 2009, 12:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_cody

Quote from: speedfreak68 on April 06, 2010, 10:54:15 AM
Haha a magazine article would be badass but I don't think I'm that good... Thanks for the compliment though  :2thumbs:

Dude, take a step back and look at what you started with and what you have now.. You did some damn good work. Good stuff and nice car man. Keep those pics coming!!!!!  :2thumbs:

Cody

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Long Island RT

1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Arigmaster

Quote from: speedfreak68 on April 03, 2010, 01:20:51 PM
Thanks, after I got in his corvette i wanted those in my charger. I just wanted t do something a little different lol.

I wanted to do the same thing when I was building mine 6 years ago but had 2 concerns... The first was how to fabricate the linkage to the lock and latch assembly. The second was how to keep water and weather out of the door.

I got as far as fabricating  plates where the handles would be counter sunk flush once welded into the tops of the door and I also cut my own gaskets to go between the handles and the metal. They just needed to be welded in.

It was at that point I abandoned the idea because of the previous concerns... I am very interested to see how you resolve it. You most definitley have skills!

speedfreak68

hey guys, just wanted to let ya know that I've still got the charger and plan to finish it  :2thumbs: my excuse for no updates is that I've just moved to Derby and am looking for a place to work on it. Do any of you Kansas guys know of any workbays in the area?

PatrickPeeters

I was wondering, you did the doorhandle cutouts in de doors, curious how it's gonna look when you're finished with it....

Quote from: speedfreak68 on April 02, 2010, 10:27:44 PM
UPDATE:
one of my friends has a corvette and I decided that I really liked the door handles so i decided I would try to fit them in the door. Ieded up cutting about a quarter of an inch out of the back to get it to set flush on the door.
Patrick  :punkrocka:

speedfreak68

Quote from: PatrickPeeters on October 29, 2010, 06:31:38 AM
I was wondering, you did the doorhandle cutouts in de doors, curious how it's gonna look when you're finished with it....

Quote from: speedfreak68 on April 02, 2010, 10:27:44 PM
UPDATE:
one of my friends has a corvette and I decided that I really liked the door handles so i decided I would try to fit them in the door. Ieded up cutting about a quarter of an inch out of the back to get it to set flush on the door.

I don't have any pictures of it other than the ones posted....I haven't had a chance to finish them due to moving, and getting engaged.

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

NHCharger

Wow, just read this thread. Very impressive work for someone your age. Did you grow up around a shop, take some classes or are you just a natural born mechanic?
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

speedfreak68

Quote from: NHCharger on October 30, 2010, 07:29:37 PM
Wow, just read this thread. Very impressive work for someone your age. Did you grow up around a shop, take some classes or are you just a natural born mechanic?
I restored (if you could call it that) a bronco when I was in highschool with a friend, after that I was hooked. Then I went to school at McPherson in Kansas and majored in auto restoration with a minor is small business management. I'm going home next weekend so hopefully I will have a chance to get some more work done, along with some more pictures for you guys.  :cheers:

speedfreak68

Hey guys, Finally went home and got some work done on the charger. I did a little more work on the trunkfloor. Then after debating for a couple hours I decided to fill the cowl vents. Here's some pics of the big hole I cut an filled.

I also had some helpers, here's the ones that stayed outside...

Blakcharger440

Hey this is a very interesting build. I have always wanted to do a Corvette/Viper suspension under a 68-70 Charger but will probably have to wait until I finish my current project.
Its cool to see another mopar guy doing something "outside of the box".

Oh yeah, I probably dont live very far from you either.  :icon_smile_big:

speedfreak68

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on November 29, 2010, 09:53:41 AM
Hey this is a very interesting build. I have always wanted to do a Corvette/Viper suspension under a 68-70 Charger but will probably have to wait until I finish my current project.
Its cool to see another mopar guy doing something "outside of the box".

Oh yeah, I probably dont live very far from you either.  :icon_smile_big:

Thanks for looking. Where are you from?

knitz01

When u tubed the rear inner wheel house how did u mount the trunk hidge braket?

SRT-68

speedfreak68

Quote from: knitz01 on November 29, 2010, 01:57:42 PM
When u tubed the rear inner wheel house how did u mount the trunk hidge braket?
I haven't done the hinges yet, I plan on just fabbing up some brackets to mount them to the wheel well.

speedfreak68

So, due to going back to school I still get Christmas break  :2thumbs: Heres some pics of what I got done. I'm hoping to go get some dp90? while I'm in the big city and next time I go home get the old paint stripped and some spraying done. anywho hres the pics
I finally got the brackets made that connect my chassis to the core support here they are.

I also got the cowl ground and when taking a break I found my artistic side lol the old pieces of my cowl.

I also got the dutchman to quarter seam welded and the quarter to roof skin seam welded solid, but don't have any pictures of that...

HOTROD

What the Hell-Dumass !

speedfreak68

Quote from: HOTROD on January 03, 2011, 11:56:55 PM
Not getting any air in there  :shruggy:.

lol nope, no air...dirt... or water lol. In the future I plan to add a vintage air system, I will make it so that it jut recirculates the air in the cabin.

Charger_Fan

Driving it in the rain may not be pleasant, without fresh outside air coming in...so just don't get caught in the rain. :lol:
Good looking project, you've come a long way! :2thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

SRT-68

I have mine smoothed and sealed off without any trouble. What happens in the rain that I don't know about?

MoparManJim

Quote from: Charger_Fan on January 09, 2011, 12:05:01 PM
Driving it in the rain may not be pleasant, without fresh outside air coming in...so just don't get caught in the rain. :lol:

Yea, I don't get why people takes and removes some things for, I mean those things was put there for a reason when you think about it really. I sure as heck wouldn't smooth over the craw(how you spell that word?) area. I like the rest of the project how ever alot though.  :2thumbs:

GTXtreme

i was thinking about removing my cowl too along with the holes for the whipers, my wiper arms and everything are removied  and i have no intention of putting them back in. The only reason i didnt removie it was bc i was worried it was gonna look to smooth.  Great project! i love the way its coming out and can't wait to see more! keep up the good work! :cheers: :drool5:

speedfreak68

Quote from: Charger_Fan on January 09, 2011, 12:05:01 PM
Hopefully I won't be out in the rain very often..... But thanks, I still have a looooonnnnnggggg way to go unfortuatly..