News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 68 Charger resto mod Update 09-07-2013 NEW PICTURES ON THE GROUND

Started by speedfreak68, October 28, 2009, 12:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedfreak68

I'm still sort of undecided about the inner fenders... I've got alot of ideas in my head........ Just don't know which one to choose...the voices haven't told me yet....   :icon_smile_tongue:

200MPH

Charger

myk

Just found this thread and had to chime in also; it goes to show you that with the proper skill and motivation nothing is impossible.  I hope you finish this thing soon.  Do you have a target date in mind?  What are your plans for the car? Are you going to take it on a road course/track?

speedfreak68

well, I have pretty much passed all the dates I had set...... So now it'll be done when its done lol.  I plan on just driving the tires off of it, running auto-x and maybe some track days. I'm getting married soon so I probably won't be working on it too much in the near future, but after that settles down I'll be on it!

speedfreak68

Well the wedding is over, and  I made a friend in the small town I live in who has 2 chargers..... 2 who'd a thunk it!  This guy also has a rotisserie and he let me borrow it. Here's some pictures, not real great pictures but pictures none the less...
Here's the basket I made for my fuel cell

Here's a couple pics on the rotisserie

The fuel cell all hung in place

Some might not like these, but here are the wheels, 18x10 with 18x8.5 on front

speedfreak68

Long time no updates, My step bother came over to my house to help me with the charger (2 people make it a lot easier to hang doors....) We got quite a few little things done. I had a nasty door gap on the passenger side, we fixed that with some rod that i welded up on the door edge.

I also filled in the voids around where my rollbars go through the package tray

And who would have thought that i would find more rust holes that had been previously filled with bondo....

Finn

Love the wheels! I think depending on sidewall height of the tires it'll make or break the look, but then again you can't really go wrong with 10's in the back.  :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bill440rt

I'm liking the progress, AND the wheels!  :2thumbs:  :drool5:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

speedfreak68

Finn: if all works out they maybe getting widened to a 12  :drool5: but that will probably be after I go through one set of rear tires.

Thanks for the input guys, It always helps the motivation factor when people are liking what you do!

CT 73

73 Challenger SE

redmist

That frame is interesting for sure!

Nice work also man...   :2thumbs:
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

speedfreak68

Lately I've been working on my center console, I've never worked with fiberglass before, at least not built anything from scratch.  I built a frame out of 1/4 cold rolled and then stretched fleece over it. Because of some of the angles I was working with it was a PITA... Anywho, here's some pictures of the frame and then it starting to be covered by the sticky nasty messy resin and fleece. I've been doing it a little bit at a time before I go to work so it is a slow process...

First of laying the fleece

Baldwinvette77

:drool5: , Need to keep an eye on this one, Looks badassed  :coolgleamA:

charge69

Nice Job !!   I could never build my own console ! 

dyslexic teddybear

speedfreak68

Thanks guys, today when I was working on the console, after posting pictures, I realized that I did not install cup holders.... my wife will not be happy...oh well hahahaha

Rosco

Looking forward to seeing the finished console! :popcrn:
"She needs premium, Dude! PREMIUM!!"

speedfreak68

Its been a while since my last update... not a whole lot has changed... It seems like I can be out in the shop all day and not get anything accomplished......anywho, here's some progress pictures.

First off here is the center console in it's current state. I set the last piece of fabric the other day, now its read for priming and sanding, priming and sanding....priming and sanding.....

I melted the lead out of the A pillar and cowl last night. and of course more rust.... Today I cut it out and guess what i found... More rust... I'm thinking at this point the best thing to do is to remove the whole cowl and make the necessary repairs and replace the cowl... that will make the hood and roof skin the only pieces of metal on this car that have not been replaced.....

Also I got my new moser full floating 9 in the mail and put it all together.

And the final picture is how it sits now.

JB400

WHITE AND RED 69

Looks sweet! I'm diggin the wheels and the console.   :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

200MPH

Charger

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Charger440RDN

pippo702