News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 68 Charger resto mod Update 09-07-2013 NEW PICTURES ON THE GROUND

Started by speedfreak68, October 28, 2009, 12:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedfreak68

SRT-68   Makes me feel a little better knowing that someone else has done this without problems.  :2thumbs:

GTXtreme  There's no such thing as too smooth  :coolgleamA:

MoparManJim  This whole car has been an experiment, This is just another one of those. We will just have to wait and see what happens. Thanks for the compliment though!

speedfreak68

I went home this weekend and finally got the engine to fit in my trusty rusty. I bolted engine and trans together and then set them into place to make my motor mounts. I was out in the shop all day till 10:30 last night, but by god the engine is now all bolted into place!!  :icon_smile_big: ....still have to do the trans mount though...

I was able to get it set forward enough to make bolting the bellhousing up easy.

Unfortuately the deep cooling pan that I got for my 727 is going to be just a little too DEEP.... its gotta go...

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

SRT-68

DmanSRT71

Yes, more please.  You're the only build I can find using the Schwartz chassis. 

Anyone know of any other builds using these chassis's?

Good work here, very talented and a good eye for doin' it right.

Darren

speedfreak68

I've just moved again, but now I've got a garage except it has no welder outlet (220) and only 2 110 outlets.... (I need to talk to the landlord).  At this moment the car is still a little over 2 hours away.... We shall see how things work out.

SRT-68

Check the laundry area. A lot of places have an electric dryer connection in them. I have several 220v welder cords I don't use and might be able to help you out. Let me know if I can help. Gotta get you back to work :2thumbs:

speedfreak68

Haha, I'll let you explain to my Fiance why the drier is pulled away from the wall and there are cords ran out to the garage  :brickwall: . maybe she needs to go visit friends for a while... lol I'm going home this weekend so if it all works out, I'll have some updates!

HOGG

"toes in the water ass in the sand"

speedfreak68

Its update time again, but I forgot my cord to connect the camera to the computer....  :brickwall: So you will have to wait for pictures. Yesterday I got the trans x-member/mount done. I could have gotten more done but I got distracted.... (the pictures will show what distracted me) But as I was laying underneath the charger I finally figgured out a name for it since Tetanus isn't very fitting any more. The new name is Overkill, you will understand when you see the trans mount. But anywho hopefully I will get the pictures posted up this evening, if not it will be tomorrow.  :2thumbs:

speedfreak68

Ok, Finally got the pictures uploaded the first few are of the x-member the last was my distraction on that warm sunny afternoon.
The good welds, never to be seen...

The finished product.

All tucked up in place!

The Dirty Distraction.

dodgeboy67

is the place you got the frame still around?....i cant seem to find it on ebay.

speedfreak68

Schwartz Extreme Performance is the name of the company.

elacruze

Just found this thread, holy moly! Great stuff.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

speedfreak68

dodgeboy67

thanx..........nice work by the way

MOPAR FANATIC

:2thumbs: YOU  :rock:
Excellent work and progress made,keep up the awesome work.

XS29L9B2

very very nice job your car will be very beautifull
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

Mike DC

Personally I'm not sold on the aftermarket frame itself.  But the workmanship of the whole project looks very nice. 

speedfreak68

Thanks for the compliments guys, Mike, I've been extremely impressed with this chassis, Everything has been dead on with it!  :2thumbs:

speedfreak68

Well, We moved from Wichita and now the charger is finally at my residence. The house came with a 36x60 shop so I now have a place to work on it again.  It was a pain to load with that transmission pan and the 14s  :slap:  I started fixing the A pillars where the was some rust but didn't have my camera, so here is a picture of the charger in its new home.  I'll eventually make it out to the shop with the camera so I can get some pictures for you guys.

Ps. I am going up to 18s so I have a better choice in tire. the 17x10.5 and tires are now for sale.

1974dodgecharger

man you truely started with a basket case pure rusted car had to get a new railes, fix body, just everything had to fix...WOW.

kokxville

Quote from: speedfreak68 on August 08, 2012, 10:20:03 PM
Well, We moved from Wichita and now the charger is finally at my residence. The house came with a 36x60 shop so I now have a place to work on it again.  It was a pain to load with that transmission pan and the 14s  :slap:  I started fixing the A pillars where the was some rust but didn't have my camera, so here is a picture of the charger in its new home.  I'll eventually make it out to the shop with the camera so I can get some pictures for you guys.

Ps. I am going up to 18s so I have a better choice in tire. the 17x10.5 and tires are now for sale.

:o :o :o what a mancave you have got there.... :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
Awesome charger too btw  :lol:
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

speedfreak68

1974dodgecharger
yeah, It should have been buried when I got it......

Kokxville
she liked the house I liked the shop, It was a Win Win!  :2thumbs:

200MPH

Nice build i used live in Wichita  :2thumbs: love the project what are you doing with the inner fenders ? or did  i miss that part?  Good work man :2thumbs:
Charger