News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I57 & I64 Travel Alert

Started by Mopurr, October 27, 2009, 10:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopurr

just before Mt. Vernon IL there are  LONG delays where 64 & 57 merge all 4 lanes are going down to 1 lane.....report of taking 2 hrs to get through.

We are from that area but traveled down differently.

If you are coming down from the north on I57 exit at the Centralia IL exit turn left (east) go about 1 mile or slightly more to 4 way stop (Signs) turn right on Rt 37 going south this will take you through Mt. Vernon on a 2 lane continue south to Benton IL then follow the signs there to go back onto I57 then continue south on 57 to I24 etc. this will get you around the traffic problems

coming across I64 to meet I57 in Mt. Vernon, get off at the Centralia IL exit (this is the Centralia exit on I64 not the one listed above for I57)turning to go south on RT 51 after about 8 miles at Ashley it will turn back west for a couple of miles then it will turn back south continuing on RT 51 go through DuQuoin Il and about 4 miles south of there you will see Hwy 14 turn left (east) taking that to the West City/Benton Area you will come directly up to the access ramps to get onto I57 South and get on I57 S then continue with the rest of your directions to I24 etc.

The reason that I am sending everyone on down to Benton before returning to the interstate is that I know that it was clear from there down a couple of months ago and there were delays between Mt. Vernon & Benton then.  I also talked to my sister that travels south of Mt. Vernon weekly and she verified that it was clear after Benton

This will get you through this area, I do not have any reports for I24 through KY but know that it is clear from Hopkinsville KY south.

We are already in Alexander City, if anyone needs to call us to get through these directions call 618-599-1274

Have a safe trip!!!!

Sherri

70Sbird

Thanks Sherri.
:2thumbs:
I'm printing this off for Tomorrow morning, It should just be getting light as I roll through that area!
Scott

Scott Faulkner