News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Drove the '67 Home - First Drive in 3 Years

Started by FastbackJon, October 27, 2009, 10:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FastbackJon

Parked my '67 Charger about three years ago in my parents barn since it had developed a slight knock somewhere and hadn't started it or driven it since. I had always meant to get around to putting stabil in the tank as well, but never did.

So fast forward three years later to last night and I'm all set to tow it home on a dolley. Well I thought about putting the car in neutral and then towing it with a tow rope and a truck to get it outside but instead decided to see if I could get it started. After checking the oil and a lot of pumping (no choke) I got it started and it sounded fine, no knock. Was able to pull it out of the barn and up the driveway.

Two issues though. Somehow the brakes lost most of their pressure. The pedal would go all the way to the floor before they started to grab. Second issue was that the trans was slipping (only a few thousand since rebuilt) and I had to add almost three quarts of trans fluid to get it to read right.

I can somewhat understand the pedal, but trans fluid just disappearing like that? Must have been coming out somewhere.

Anyhow, since it now ran and drove, I decided to drive it the 10 miles home. Got there fine, no problems. Put some new gas in it on the way back. It was fun driving an old Charger that I hadn't driven in a while.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

aone415

CONGRATS on the ride... were you able to check for any leakage spots under the car once you pulled it out??? 

I know that when we had our trans rebuilt, the clowns at the trans shop used the same trans pan, which was severely dimpled... as a result we went with a B&M deep pan... no problems since

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

FastbackJon

Gravel floor in the barn.... so no. Will see now that it's in the garage though. Got a sheet of cardboard above the concrete under the eng/trans.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Charger440RDN

66chargerkid

Wow thats awesome.
I wanna drive mine..... one day lmao

rt green

sitting for a long time  the convertor will drain down. i bet when you drive it all the time, it wont leak.
third string oil changer