News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gunmetal Blue Mopars

Started by SG1022, October 27, 2009, 12:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SG1022

Tryin to decide on some paint for my 73 SE.  Originally I wanted to go with a high gloss black with some matte ghost accents, but I really like the gun metal blue on the below charger!!!

Can I get some pictures of some well done gun metal paint jobs(preferably on mopars  :icon_smile_big:)?

Quote from: histoy on June 02, 2009, 07:23:40 AM
Here's a picture of our Gunmetal '71 SE at a recent cruise-in.

maxwellwedge

Looks like Winchester Grey.....That color looks Grey, Blue or Green depending on the light.

Troy

It's a pretty rare color. I think these are all the same...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

tricky lugnuts

I think the '71 'Cuda posted might be gun metal grey, also an awesome color. Or maybe it's just the lighting in the tent. Gun metal blue does weird things like that. It has a good amount of flash in my opinion - it looks dark and blue in the shade and almost silver white in the sunlight. I've also seen a real light green look to it before, too, as mentioned.

The fender tag paint code for gun metal blue in 1971 is GA4 if you're thinking about it. Gun metal blue is the Dodge name for it. Plymouth called it Winchester Grey. I think both are the same color (GA4), just different names.

The local paint shop where I'm at in Ohio has the color in base coat/clear coat and in lacquer. It's not too expensive in base coat/clear coat. They want more for the old lacquer paint!!!

It's the color my '71 Charger SE is supposed to be, a fairly common color for that particular model. Otherwise I believe it is a fairly rare color. I love the color personally (and will paint my car that color eventually) but I was broke when my car was painted more than six years ago and got the $20 special. It's a mixed up Frankenstein off-hue, otherwise I'd post it up. It's already posted in the "Show us Your Third Gens" thread.

Gun metal blue looks great on Challengers, too, if someone can find one of those. There was a sweetheart of a Challenger RT in one of the magazines recently. It was real strange looking - gun metal blue with black vinyl top and black side stripe, black interior with orange houndstooth inserts. I think it even had a Shaker hood - can't remember if that was black or silver off the top.

SG1022

WOW! Thanks much guys, exactly what I wanted!

DC.com never fails me  ;)

That night picture was what I really wanted, and it sold me on the color!

Armudster

Excelent choice, when I saw this color in real life, I was amazed on how deep it is, you won't be sorry, and they are a perfect color for 70-74 Mopar body styles, it goes from blue to silver to green at the day and at night it goes from a kind of dark silvery blue to graphite and even black, that is how cool it is.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Glad I was able to help

SG1022

Quote from: Armudster on October 27, 2009, 05:48:36 PM
Excelent choice, when I saw this color in real life, I was amazed on how deep it is, you won't be sorry, and they are a perfect color for 70-74 Mopar body styles, it goes from blue to silver to green at the day and at night it goes from a kind of dark silvery blue to graphite and even black, that is how cool it is.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Glad I was able to help

Now to find a company and some costs!