News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wife said "Buy another Charger"

Started by NHCharger, October 25, 2009, 09:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

There has to be a catch to this :scratchchin: :scratchchin:
She overheard me talking to my oldest son today. I have a 94 Firebird, 3.8L, auto, T-Tops, loaded, 82k miles, never seen snow. I drive it so little I didn't bother to register it last month. Told my son I was thinking of selling it. Wife butted in "your not selling that car, I like it, it's fun to drive and a lot easier to drive than your Chargers, why sell it". I decided I'd try to push her buttons, which doesn't take much some days. I said I'm thinking about buying another Charger or trading the FB towards one. Taking a step back I waited for her reply. No she replied, keep the FB and just buy another Charger  :o :cheers: :yesnod:
I'm still trying to figure out what this will cost me, and I'm not talking about the Charger.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Dans 68

Quote from: NHCharger on October 25, 2009, 09:08:30 PM
She overheard me talking to my oldest son today. I have a 94 Firebird, 3.8L, auto, T-Tops, loaded, 82k miles, never seen snow. I drive it so little I didn't bother to register it last month. Told my son I was thinking of selling it. Wife butted in "your not selling that car, I like it, it's fun to drive and a lot easier to drive than your Chargers, why sell it". I decided I'd try to push her buttons, which doesn't take much some days. I said I'm thinking about buying another Charger or trading the FB towards one. Taking a step back I waited for her reply. No she replied, keep the FB and just buy another Charger  :o :cheers: :yesnod:
I'm still trying to figure out what this will cost me, and I'm not talking about the Charger.

Get it in writing.... :D

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

ChgrSteve67

Its a green light, her idea....  what more do you want?

Lucky bastard.

Khyron

Quote from: Dans 68 on October 25, 2009, 09:14:14 PM
Get it in writing.... :D

Dan

agreed, My wife came to me once and said..

"I want another baby"

I said "I want a 69 charger"

I have a baby, and a Charger.... but I made her sign a paper :lol:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Silver R/T

good wife! Of course I'm single so I only have to consult with myself when I buy something, one of benefits being single.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

PocketThunder

My buddy and i both have 3 kids.  I'm done, and he thinks he's done but his wife might want one more.  He wants to build a 572" stroker for his Impalla, he currently has a 496.  His wife says, "go ahead honey and build a 572 as long as i(we) can have a 4th kid".  He asked me what i thought, and i said, ummm.... i think the 496 will do just fine! :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

jaak

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 25, 2009, 10:06:08 PM
My buddy and i both have 3 kids.  I'm done, and he thinks he's done but his wife might want one more.  He wants to build a 572" stroker for his Impalla, he currently has a 496.  His wife says, "go ahead honey and build a 572 as long as i(we) can have a 4th kid".  He asked me what i thought, and i said, ummm.... i think the 496 will do just fine! :yesnod:
I have three kids too. Your advise..........
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

76 more cubic inches is gonna cost alot in clothes,groceries and education!

Jason

The70RT

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 25, 2009, 10:06:08 PM
My buddy and i both have 3 kids.  I'm done, and he thinks he's done but his wife might want one more.  He wants to build a 572" stroker for his Impalla, he currently has a 496.  His wife says, "go ahead honey and build a 572 as long as i(we) can have a 4th kid".  He asked me what i thought, and i said, ummm.... i think the 496 will do just fine! :yesnod:

Yeah the kid will cost more than the motor......don't worry you will have grandchildren soon  ;D
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dart3404

:scratchchin: Get another Charger and give her the FB...

TeeWJay426

Hey Brian, I'll have a sweet 73 SE survivor soon..... we can work sumthin' out!  ;)
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: NHCharger on October 25, 2009, 09:08:30 PM
Did you forget to include the, "but not another friggin 3rd gen, again" part?

:nana: :smilielol:

bull

Here's the catch: she was talking about an '06 "Charger" and you were talking about a classic. :P

The70RT

Now you just act like you never heard her and begin the search for the one you want. Be discrete when you are searching, then after you pay for it your in the clear  :D  :lol:

bull

How's that saying go? It's easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission. :2thumbs:

Landonsrt

My wife was listening to me read this thread and said that your wifes got a boyfriend. He keeps her happy so you need something else to keep you happy. J/K. She did say that.

Charger440RDN

Quote from: The70RT on October 26, 2009, 02:23:04 PM
Now you just act like you never heard her and begin the search for the one you want. Be discrete when you are searching, then after you pay for it your in the clear  :D  :lol:

I agree!!  :lol:

Quote from: bull on October 26, 2009, 04:16:41 PM
How's that saying go? It's easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission. :2thumbs:

I definitely agree with this too!!  I've been there :smilielol: :smilielol: The last project car I bought I waited until my wife went out of town for a few days, when she came back home it was there. Oh she was mad at first but she got over it!!

NHCharger

Youz guys are real funny.  :lol:

Dan, I DID get it in writing. There are three conditions. Don't sell the Firebird, buy her a new dishwasher, No More orange Chargers.

No worries on the more kids front, we're both 50 and way past the baby making years.

Landon- I wish she did have a boyfriend, then she'd be spending his money, not mine.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

The70RT

Sounds like a plan. What kind are you leaning towards?

Landonsrt

Quote from: NHCharger on October 26, 2009, 08:40:31 PM
Youz guys are real funny.  :lol:

Dan, I DID get it in writing. There are three conditions. Don't sell the Firebird, buy her a new dishwasher, No More orange Chargers.

No worries on the more kids front, we're both 50 and way past the baby making years.

Landon- I wish she did have a boyfriend, then she'd be spending his money, not mine.

HA HA HA HA :cheers:

NHCharger

Quote from: The70RT on October 26, 2009, 08:55:44 PM
Sounds like a plan. What kind are you leaning towards?

Obviously another 3rd gen, 71 or 72.
In all reality the only way I would buy another Charger is if I found a smokin' deal. My goal this winter is to put my 71 back together (still need $ 1,000.00 in misc. parts) and bring it to Carlisle next year, missed the last two due to my work load. Next winter I have to address some solvent pop issues on the right quarter of my 72. See lots of guys with big dreams and empty pockets buy a Charger and then don't have the funds to fix them up. Don't want to fall into that category.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

mally69

Quote from: Silver R/T on October 25, 2009, 09:54:02 PM
good wife! Of course I'm single so I only have to consult with myself when I buy something, one of benefits being single.

but when you die alone who's gonna take care of your charger  :nana:  ya gotta have someone to give it to  :popcrn:

The70RT

Quote from: mally69 on October 28, 2009, 06:56:46 PM
Quote from: Silver R/T on October 25, 2009, 09:54:02 PM

but when you die alone who's gonna take care of your charger  :nana:  ya gotta have someone to give it to  :popcrn:

A double income doesn't hurt either.  ;)