News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Reassembly (Beers Third gen)

Started by Beer, October 25, 2009, 12:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beer

Quote from: SG1022 on November 07, 2009, 04:53:21 PM
What wheels/tires are going on it?

15" Black Police wheels...Course they show up the day I go back to my Ship for three weeks...

Probably not the final combination, just to hold me over till it on the street and a bonus or two kicks in to get me some $$$.

The wheels/tires will be the last parts for the year.

Need to decide on paint on the bumpers or new chrome ones, also maybe try and get 71-72 bumper brackets to get rid of the bumper fillers...

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

SG1022

Quote from: Beer on November 07, 2009, 07:18:14 PM
Quote from: SG1022 on November 07, 2009, 04:53:21 PM
What wheels/tires are going on it?

15" Black Police wheels...Course they show up the day I go back to my Ship for three weeks...

Probably not the final combination, just to hold me over till it on the street and a bonus or two kicks in to get me some $$$.

The wheels/tires will be the last parts for the year.

Need to decide on paint on the bumpers or new chrome ones, also maybe try and get 71-72 bumper brackets to get rid of the bumper fillers...

I was going to ask about the bumpers, Do you have any pictures of 73 or 74s with the earlier brackets(aka no reveals)?

That is what I was wanting to do to mine... and wasn't quite sure about the painted bumpers

dart3404

jaak

Beer,
What type of paint did you use to paint the filler pieces on the rear bumper?

Jason

Beer

Quote from: jaak on November 07, 2009, 08:36:50 PM
Beer,
What type of paint did you use to paint the filler pieces on the rear bumper?

Jason

Lights and filler pieces

http://www.krylon.com/products/fusion_for_plastic/

Used this paint on the plastic interior pieces about 4 years ago changing them from from saddle to black as an expieriment, they are still in perfect shape paint wise.
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

mikepmcs

I think you can get it right at Walmart and the Home Depot too. 
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

tan top

:coolgleamA: that looks awesome  :drool5:  good stuff  :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Foreman72

thats gonna be an unstoppable looking car with the wheels on it :drool5: :drool5:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Troy on November 06, 2009, 07:06:00 PM
Quote from: Nitrox on November 06, 2009, 06:42:50 PM
Oh my God! Tell me you did NOT stick that DC.com decal on there?!?!  :eek2:
Thanks for the support...

Troy

:slap: :rotz:

Beers....love the car dude. Looking AWESOME! :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Charger1973

Wow man that is looking killer.   Havent seen it since it was painted, impressive!!

Beer

OK, back on my drilling rig.    :D

Progress is all stop.   :'(

The new Police wheels arrived (the very day I left), I have the center caps as well.  Mid Dec, should have the new tires and rims on.  Work has me doing more stuff on my time home, so a new chrome bumper may be in the budget (thinking front one first since the hood is the centerpiece of the car).

December, put new rims/tires on, run new brakelines in the front, install Black Steering column, then put the motor in, inspect/repair/run wiring harness's  (that would be a good Dec). 

Still need a good driver side rear tailight housing  :brickwall:

Pics of Front Braklines installed would be appreciated  :popcrn:

Beer

Man the garage is really Dusty!

Got the rear seats in, as well as the police wheels...

Wheels are 15x8 4" BS on all corners

Tires are 255/60/15 front  and 275/60/15 rear

Engine is not in yet so the stance remains to be seen. I was worried about having the long Lugs on the rear and it interfering with the caps, they seemed to clear with no problem.

Pics of the wheels.

RamchargerMopar

wow your in Bath? I live in Bucksport. I drive through Bath time to time to visit family, should look ya up sometime! Great looking car and I love the whee :coolgleamA:ls!!!
Mopar or No Car!

jaak

As always looking great Beer!  :2thumbs: I'm planning on using Police Wheels on my '69.

Jason

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

AmadeusCharger500

Fantastic lookin paint job. Great color. Love the cop wheels. I just picked up a set at carlisle last week. Nice to see them! Just checked my parts bumper and its right housing is cracked also. Otherwise would have offered it up.

Beer

Quick update (sorry no photo's those will be coming...), I am getting parolled tomorrow and got three weeks home :drool5:

Further evaluation on the BS on the rear tires was mistake, yes 4" on a 8 3/4" w/ Drum brakes, just as the threads all said...BUT I forgot I put a disc Brake kit on the 8 3/4" :slap:...4" BS is tight.  Have to revisit that when I am home (caught that when looking at photo's I took of the back side just before I left).  

Car will be heading back to the Body shop for the new AMD Rear valance w/ Dual exhaust cutouts to be added.  As well, when putting on the rear bumper, the angled brackets did not have anything to mount to...this is because the shop removed a welded in trailer hitch that the grandfather used to tow their Shasta Trailer for camping with, I am thinking they took a lil more than they shoulda...

Was hoping to make some progress on the interior this time home, but an unplanned expense on another car is going to roll the interior back as few months, I need a new shortblock for the other car I was taking to the track (Think I spun a bearing...).  Thats OK, thats getting a 383 forged stroker and a hotter cam  :scratchchin:  best for that was 12.015 stock lower end...should be able to get mid/high 11's with the new shortblock, and probably mid/high 10's on spray.

Anyways should have pics of the full car w/ new rims tires when it goes back to the body shop.

Jim

charger_cody

Quote from: Beer on January 13, 2010, 09:17:36 AM
Quick update (sorry no photo's those will be coming...), I am getting parolled tomorrow and got three weeks home :drool5:

Further evaluation on the BS on the rear tires was mistake, yes 4" on a 8 3/4" w/ Drum brakes, just as the threads all said...BUT I forgot I put a disc Brake kit on the 8 3/4" :slap:...4" BS is tight.  Have to revisit that when I am home (caught that when looking at photo's I took of the back side just before I left).  

Car will be heading back to the Body shop for the new AMD Rear valance w/ Dual exhaust cutouts to be added.  As well, when putting on the rear bumper, the angled brackets did not have anything to mount to...this is because the shop removed a welded in trailer hitch that the grandfather used to tow their Shasta Trailer for camping with, I am thinking they took a lil more than they shoulda...

Was hoping to make some progress on the interior this time home, but an unplanned expense on another car is going to roll the interior back as few months, I need a new shortblock for the other car I was taking to the track (Think I spun a bearing...).  Thats OK, thats getting a 383 forged stroker and a hotter cam  :scratchchin:  best for that was 12.015 stock lower end...should be able to get mid/high 11's with the new shortblock, and probably mid/high 10's on spray.

Anyways should have pics of the full car w/ new rims tires when it goes back to the body shop.

Jim

Looking forward to those Pictures!!! :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Cody

Beer

LOL,

Spoke to soon, have to go to Houston for a week... :brickwall:  two weeks home, but a weeks wages to go towards the interior... :2thumbs:

Beer

Here is the new cutout Valance from AMD...

mopar73

Looks good Beer!  You beat me to the rear valance  :smilielol: Did you find any deals on it?

Beer

No $225 + shipping from AMD...to bad they did not come out with it a few monthes earlier  :brickwall:

Beer

More photo's of the wheels in the garage

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

71383bee

i see a theme here... :scratchchin:

Nice looking ride!  It's good to see FC7 on a 73.  This body style looks great in this color.
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee