News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

so i posted a thread up here about a 73 charger i was restoring, the 18 year old

Started by irishluck, October 23, 2009, 02:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishluck

so i finally pulled the engine out and tore it down and everything looks good in it. no damage nothing.
just a little dirty.
i need a little more opinion but i think all im going to do is, for now, is to replace the rings and bearing, and clean it all up and run it for now
is that a good idea?
and also how would i get the engine running without a key and what not, i know its carb and i know there is a way to maybe get it running for a few seconds or so

also i was wondering if anyone knew what kind of cam and rockers and rods to get for this
want to add performance set in it
llittle help?
its the original 318 small block

flyinlow

I am not a small block guy, but the basics are still the same.

I would use the stock rods with new bolts (ARP).

New oil pump ,block plugs, double roller timing chain, waterpump.

A good multi angle valve job.

If you stick with the original pistons you can machine the heads and pick up a little compression by milling the heads.

Pick up a good used intake on Craigs list or ebay.

600cfm vacume secondary carb

moving a 4000 lbs. with a 318 , I would try to make as much low/midrange tork as you can. Talk to comp cams or Engle and see what they recomend.

low restriction exhuast

Recurve ignition curve.

:Twocents: