News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who is the Thermoquad Man I Need some Info??

Started by 268RTs4ME, October 28, 2009, 09:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

268RTs4ME

Hi, Been messing with this thermoquad for a week, heres the story, finally purchased rght thermoquad for my 74 RR 440 at Mopar Madness, in St louis, purchased rebuild kit, took apart cleaned, took wells apart and reglued with loctite Oil and Gas solvent resistant adhesive, put glue on each side wait about 10 minutes assenbly, instant adhension,then put small bead around outer edges of wells. waited 24 hrs. before reassembling carb. set floats 1 inch, pump. replaced on car, started and was noticing fuel filter was not filling up, just dribble coming from pump, so put new pump on, same thing, just dribble, run fuel line from pump back to tank, finally found hole in metal line where it had been rubbing on K frame, repaired, now filter fills up with gas, (clear Plastic Filter) Pumped heck out of it,choke is closing, started, let run for a few, sounds good, and is very responsive, now my problem is Idle, was idleling fast after choke kicked of, so go to idle down, when get to idle i am looking for, it will idle great for about a minute, then suddenly idle drops, and acts like it it gonna die, well it does die, start back up idle up again, lower idle again, same thing. even if I leave it idleling high and put it in gear it dies. I have pulled carb back off to make sure no linkage is hanging up anywhere, thought primary butterflies might be hanging up on something, even checked gasket to make sure the were not hanging up on it. anybody have any ideas as to what my problem, might be.I have went over motor looking for vacumn leaks (None), need some input. Thanks.

FLG

Try turning the 2 idle screws out a bit. Sounds like its fine running on the primary circuit but its not getting enough gas when its on the idle circuit.