News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have a pic of a 69 with a blacked out grill?

Started by jeryst, October 22, 2009, 06:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeryst

I'm thinking about blacking out the whole grill on my 69 Charger.
Does anyone have a pic of one like that?

69DodgeCharger

I think Brock Samson has an old pic from back in the day with his grille blacked out.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jeryst on October 22, 2009, 06:54:58 PM

The problem with blacking out the grille is that from 20 feet away it looks like the grille is missing. Like just a big black void. I dont recomend it.  :Twocents:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bull

Someone posted pics of one here: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,62910.msg702740.html#new

I don't like it either but I guess this isn't a poll. :icon_smile_big:

Brock Samson

mine from 20 years ago... i think if you do a good job and paint it semi gloss, 'n leave the stainless accents it looks pretty good,.. but to just bomb the entire thing in gloss is a mistake.

tan top

charger looks mean Brock , in that shot with them slots :drool5: :yesnod: :coolgleamA:

the day i got my charger !!    20 years  ago also  :yesnod:  ,  black out was  already done before i  got it !!  by the second owner  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Arkgl01

69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

Dans 68

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 22, 2009, 08:41:07 PM

The problem with blacking out the grille is that from 20 feet away it looks like the grille is missing. Like just a big black void. I dont recomend it.  :Twocents:

So you're saying it would kinda looks like a '68 then?   :D   :2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Dans 68 on October 23, 2009, 09:28:56 AM

Dan

NO!!! A 68 has silver painted vertical slats (if done properly) and never looks bad!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Dans 68

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 23, 2009, 09:57:10 AM
Quote from: Dans 68 on October 23, 2009, 09:28:56 AM

Dan

NO!!! A 68 has silver painted vertical slats (if done properly) and never looks bad!

Understood.  :laugh:  I was concerned a little bit with where this was heading.... ;)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Charger-Bodie

Dont worry Dan,Im fully aware that the 68 grille is the best looking of all 3 2nd generation grilles.............  :coolgleamA:

Blown70

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 23, 2009, 10:43:00 AM
Dont worry Dan,Im fully aware that the 68 grille is the best looking of all 3 2nd generation grilles.............  :coolgleamA:

:scratchchin: I am gunna say your biased? :shruggy:   That new project essentially wont have a grille..... :shruggy:

jeryst

I was trying to imaging what it would look like if the stainless accents were painted flat black as well as the grill.
Would it resemble a 68?

Blown70

Quote from: jeryst on October 23, 2009, 05:39:10 PM
I was trying to imaging what it would look like if the stainless accents were painted flat black as well as the grill.
Would it resemble a 68?

Stainless. I assume you mean Aluminum....?

jeryst

Quote from: Blown70 on October 23, 2009, 10:46:36 PM
Quote from: jeryst on October 23, 2009, 05:39:10 PM
Would it resemble a 68?

Stainless. I assume you mean Aluminum....?

I though that they are aluminum, but someone else mentioned stainless, so I though I was wrong.

Blown70

Brock, I see mentioned that... the Aluminum does have an anodized coationg... may make it look stainless, trust me that stuff dings easy...... its Aluminum....

Brock mis-typed I am sure.

Tom

Charger-Bodie

They are definitely aluminum......I always thought it was dumb how all the the trim on these cars is stainless except for the front where its gettin beat on by sand a road debris all the time.

Mike DC

The General Lees in the 2005 (Knoxville/Stifler/Simpson) movie all had the plastic grilles blacked out.  The crew deemed this easier than collecting enough intact grilles to have it original color.

TexasStroker

Well the Charger is already cited, lol. 

I like it blacked out.  If I ever acquire a good grill, or the people repopping them become dependable I might swap the two out and see what I like best.  Imo a blackedout grill only looks good on certain colors.  But in turn I fully support the owner of the car doing what they like best.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

troy.70R/T

Does anyone have a pic of a 68 Grille done the factory way? Thanks