News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

sorry, to much job and power but I DON'T LIKE

Started by Nacho-RT74, October 22, 2009, 11:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Armudster

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on October 22, 2009, 04:35:00 PM
GREEEAT!!! I like a lot that front end more than the originals 67/69 USA Darts! ( but not more than the 70/72s USA Darts :D )

Is something just like the 71/72 RRs grille shape.

( but not on THIS CUSTOM CHARGER LOL )

Thank you for the compliment, my favorite Dart grill is the US 68/69, then comes the 73 Sport, then the one I have, my car will be leaving the bodyshop this saturday, as soon as it's back I will made a thread about it!  :2thumbs:

Steve P.

Quote from: bull on October 22, 2009, 12:55:57 PM
Remember Michael Jackson's face?

:lol: :smilielol: :smilielol:    Now I have to clean the coffee out of my wifes keyboard....   :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

BrianShaughnessy

Same basic comments on this heap as a couple years ago when it was "new" and out at the Nats in 07.     I don't think anybody likes the look that I remember.   Rick E. drove it around at the Nats and pretty much said it sucked.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

elanmars

1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

moparstuart

not my cup of tea either but it is really well made and keeps the good styling of the charger .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

pictures i took of it      ,  there was alway a big crowd around it

he molded the front bumper into the fenders and welded all the grille moldings so the are one with no seams

moparstuart

he likes the 68 tail better so weld in a 68 tail panel and molded in a little duck tail spoiler on the lid .

moparstuart

:popcrn:   side exhaust is set up on electric dumps to open and close it

Nacho-RT74

THATS A VERY DIFF STORY... maybe I wouldn't make it, but I LIKE IT!!!!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

LeadfootBob

First car: uuuh, well... Nice craftsmanship, or something.... You can throw a lot of money at anything, but you can obviously not buy taste.
Second car: Wonderful little touches everywhere (although as usual I'm disagreeing with the rims) and that side exhaust is just BADASS!
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

Blown70

Stu, that at least looks like a charger....  seems they added abit all around to the bottom of the car.... seeing how that exhaust exits....could you tell in person, just look that way in the photo?

moparstuart

I dont know if it was because it was lowered and so low or not , but it did look like the rocker area was wider.

moparstuart

how about this one  :shruggy:      I'm a big plymouth fan and really loved this one the 6 pac injected hemi was cool  .      its hard to see in the pictures but it had a flat ( stealth ) hemi on the quarter panels .

moparstuart

the saw blade rotors and wheel where awesome , he said he cut him self on them all the time .

MoparManJim

You know, after thinking on this, why does people take good looking old cars and chop the crap out of them and lower then to make them look down right stupid or ugly  for? 

The cars was built with a good frame and all from the factory for a reason, why be stupid anmd lower the dang things and chop them for. They sure as heck don't look cool and it also ruins the car looks also. If your going to lower the thing why not just take and set the dang vehicle down on the ground and be done with it because with ity lowered it's almost on the ground anyways  ::)

mikesbbody

The First Charger nearly all of us agree is a F..K UP you just dont mess with a 68 like that.
The second Charger is much, much better the only things I didnt like were the wheels
(A bit TOO big and side walls too low) and the shifter looks weird other than that, it's a
Nice looking Charger IMO. I still wouldnt have gone that route though...

Mike DC

The lowering trend already went way too far a long time ago.   :Twocents:

Does this black Plymouth really look any less absurd than the purple Olds below it?  

I don't see why the hot rodding community admires one of these extremities and ridicules the other.  They're both just mechanically-challenging displays of goofiness that are done purely for their own sake.  

danoworld

Kind of looks like a dart to me. Not that thats a bad thing...but it aint a Charger anymore.... :shruggy:

Dan
Dan

Steve P.

Mike DC,  I agree. I would rather have the "stage coach" Olds as it would make getting in and out of easier for me..   :icon_smile_big:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

aone415

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

Landonsrt

I agree.. That front end looks like CRAP! Only two headlights?? Looks like a mustang from a distance. And, if your going to shave off the bumpers!!!! Why do you leave the opening for the front bumper and not weld in some metal and hide the original fit?!?!?!? SMOOTH IT OUT!! Who the hell cares where the leather came from?

Mike DC

As for the black & gold Charger, I think the mods were potentially a decent idea but they were taken too far in every case.

Imagine doing all the same mods, but removing only 1/2 or 1/3rd the amount of inches from each chop . . . might look much better IMHO.