News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Further to the topic of the XP Hemi

Started by Ghoste, October 16, 2010, 12:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad L. Magee

Is this Howie's (from New Jersey) old hemi Charger?  He used to run ads in the back of MCG looking for rare Mopars back in the mid-90s, so I would contact him about oddball stuff.  I knew at that time he had purchased the 69 XP hemi Charger and was looking for its hemi engine.  Wasn't it the first production 1969 Charger with a vin of XP29J9G100001 or so ?(I may be off on the plant code, but I remember the last six quite well from a photo of the car with the vin painted on the sides)  About six or seven years ago, I found the second production Charger (an 440 auto RT/SE down in Texas) for him on ebay and he bought it.  I wanted it to become a matched set for his collection/museum he was planning.....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

tan top

this is intresting stuff Chad  :yesnod: thanks for sharing the info  :cheers: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

RD

Quote from: DAY CLONA on October 17, 2010, 02:30:05 AM

Dude, if this is what keeps you up at night, tossing and turning,....I could only imagine if you set foot out in the real world and saw the issuses that others have just surviving from day to day.....geez, it just a hunk of metal, get over it.....

WERE YOU NOT BANNED FROM THIS SITE?  IS THIS WHY YOU NOW SPELL YOUR USERNAME "DAY CLONA" INSTEAD OF "DAYCLONA".

AND WERE YOU NOT BANNED FOR  YOUR SAME SHITTY ATTITUDE THAT YOU ARE DISPLAYING NOW?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Chris G.

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on October 17, 2010, 05:07:35 PM
Is this Howie's (from New Jersey) old hemi Charger?  He used to run ads in the back of MCG looking for rare Mopars back in the mid-90s, so I would contact him about oddball stuff.  I knew at that time he had purchased the 69 XP hemi Charger and was looking for its hemi engine.  Wasn't it the first production 1969 Charger with a vin of XP29J9G100001 or so ?(I may be off on the plant code, but I remember the last six quite well from a photo of the car with the vin painted on the sides)  About six or seven years ago, I found the second production Charger (an 440 auto RT/SE down in Texas) for him on ebay and he bought it.  I wanted it to become a matched set for his collection/museum he was planning.....

Chad, that was a '70, and that second car you mention is also a '70. I think the car is in Texas now.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Chris G. on October 17, 2010, 03:31:30 PM
Quote from: ccr-host on October 17, 2010, 01:57:02 PM
Chris,
I can assure you, there will be no fender tag magically appearing. There will be no broadcast sheet found in some dusty archive. Galin Govier has confirmed these things are lost. AND there will be no "old timer" who worked at Chrysler who also attended the photo shoot appearing on our show. We leave those games to Discovery Channel shows  ;). What you'll see is our honest, best effort to rebuild this great car. It will be an interesting journey without resorting to tricks. I hope you'll enjoy it.

CCR Host, my comments weren't directed towards you, but rather the owner of the car.

When you say Galin (BTW it's Galen) has confirmed the tag and sheet are lost, does that means they are gone forever? I don't understand why people still think of him as the "Bible" of everything Mopar related. There are so many people out there who know so much about Mopar history and don't even charge to tell, but the mis-informed still pay GG to show up and make claims that aren't 100% accurate. I am amazed his name still carries the same clout it did when the boom hit 8 years ago.

Well that was very well said... :cheers:
Shafi contacted me first about the car....while I cant say I know a lot about the history of the car(s) I can say I didnt charge him for the help I gave!  :nana:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: Chris G. on October 17, 2010, 05:21:22 PM
Quote from: Chad L. Magee on October 17, 2010, 05:07:35 PM

Chad, that was a '70, and that second car you mention is also a '70. I think the car is in Texas now.

Opps, I was totally wrong on the topic.  Thanks for correcting me (I should have remembered that it was a 1970 version, now I feel stupid!)  Howie's was XP29J0G100001, a 1970 version of what this topic was talking about.  The RTSE I found for him was XS29U0G100002 with a 440-4bbl. column auto, I remember the color to be copper and tan with many options.  That one came from Texas......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......