News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Well now I have done it...

Started by Martian R/T, October 21, 2009, 12:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martian R/T

I was sitting at work yesterday and I get a phone call from my wife, she was trying to leave home and pick up my daughter from school, and her 06 Chrysler Minivan wont start, dead battery, she thinks our 2 years old turned on the interior lights and it killed the battery, so she is stressing out trying to find someone to jump start the van, and I tell her that my car (charger) is sitting there and its ready to run, so she can take it to go to the school, now we have been married almost eight years and she has never driven my Charger, she has rode in it a few times but never driven it, so she is like your sure its alright, I tell her that she doesn't have much of a choice if she wants to be at the school close to on time, so I talk her through starting and a few operational items, and she is off, I get a call later and she is in love with the Charger and wants to know why I had never let her drive it, she loves the power of the 440 and wants me to take her somewhere that she can drive really fast, she wants to go 125 mph, I talked to her this morning and she is out cruising around in the Charger, because I didn't get the van fixed because I had class last night, so I really need to get a battery put in so she can have her van back, plus I had better hide the Charger keys because you never know... :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
                            1970 Charger R/T 440 Auto 3:55 Martian Green???

Blown70

hahaha, ooops but yet good you have her hooked... good plan... Not future car upgrades may go much easier.... :2thumbs: :cheers:

BLUE68RT4ME

Lol!  That's great!  At least you know you gained a little security on maintaining ownership of the car!   :smilielol:  Sometimes kids come in the door and the Charger goes out the door.  But, now you'll need another garage stall to put her Charger in!   :2thumbs:

Well, sounds like you're pretty fortunate.  I know many women that became "horse power prudes" after marriage.  Just as long as she doesn't start driving it everyday, hiding the keys from you, and suddenly talking about upping your life insurance!   :rofl:

Have a good one!

Mark
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

41husk

Sounds like a good exscuse to buy another Charger :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Steelshanks

:smilielol:

My wife helps me with my Charger even though she doesn't get to drive it. I'm sure it'll happen one day though... some crazy situation like that will come up and she'll have her excuse to take it out for a spin.
Confucius say: "Man who stand on toilet high on pot..."

My 1st Gen Resto Thread

Just 6T9 CHGR

Wow....that would NEVER happen in my house.....she wont even drive my '08 ;)

Thats what AAA is for :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

six-tee-nine

Well this is it my friend.....

This is the one and only chance you have to tell her its hers........ only condition : i'll buy another one for me.

She'll do  :slap: or when you're lucky do  :cheers:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Back N Black

My wife always corrects me and say its "our" charger.  :slap:

skip68

:o    WOW !  Not the Charger...     :rotz:    If I let my wife drive the Charger it would be like,   that is more like....  :shruggy:   Oh man, I can't even think of what it would be like.    ;)    Well, I guess now you can say that you really do share everything.    Were does it end.   :rotz:  Be careful because next she'll be sporting your underwear,  drinking your beer and running with your friends.    :nana:   And then, just when you think she has taken all,  you will find that she now controls the TV remote.    :'(  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

BLUE68RT4ME

Quote from: skip68 on October 21, 2009, 02:35:28 PM
:o    WOW !  Not the Charger...     :rotz:    If I let my wife drive the Charger it would be like,   that is more like....  :shruggy:   Oh man, I can't even think of what it would be like.    ;)    Well, I guess now you can say that you really do share everything.    Were does it end.   :rotz:  Be careful because next she'll be sporting your underwear,  drinking your beer and running with your friends.    :nana:   And then, just when you think she has taken all,  you will find that she now controls the TV remote.    :'(  

Even worse... she'll have "her half" of the garage and "her toolbox"!

The slippery slope is near... very near!   :smilielol:   :icon_smile_wink:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

teamroth

Quote from: skip68 on October 21, 2009, 02:35:28 PM

I seem to remember it being that way in the SKIP household...lol
:smilielol:
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Road Dog

Let my wife drive mine before we were even married. She went with me to a dentist appointment and I suggested she take the car to her uncles house if she didn't want to wait around. After the dentist appointment was over I found myself sitting on the curb for about 1/2 hour. It was long enough to ponder "What the " was i thinking. :eek2: Next thing ya know here comes my car. The only thing is there is nobody driving. :smilielol: I looked real close and could barely make out the top of my girls head. :hah: Needless to say a booster seat was in her future. :2thumbs:
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

PocketThunder

But what happened when she pulled up to the school?  What was everyone's reaction?...??  :popcrn:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

skip68

:scratchchin:   Hey Martian R/T,    Are you coming to Mopars at the strip with your wife or will it be just her with the Charger ?    :smilielol: :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

rt green

turn him over, he's done. you'll be shoppin for another one. keep an eye out for the girly air freshners and the like. or worse, you'll be driving the van. lol. no, i think its great that she likes it.
third string oil changer

dodgecharger-fan

So, how do you like driving the minivan?

You better get used to it.  :rofl:

charger_cody

You've got some major gigantic balls. There are only a couple female drivers that i would barely think about letting them drive me NISSAN  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:.....

But the charger? HELL NO!!

Cody

mike r

Yeah................I dont know................It just doesn't seem right  :popcrn:

BrianShaughnessy

Nobody drives Black Betty but me.   Lisa can't drive stick anyway  :angel:

Lisa has driven my '90 TA GTA a few times.    But since it's been sitting uninspected since June or so that hasn't happened.    I'm supposed to clean it up and dump it on CL or something soon.

She might think she'll get to drive Sinnamon in a few years when it's ready but I'm not making any promises.  
   My old GF back in MI drove it about a mile one night back to her house after I managed to get myself thrown in the back of a Troy squad car for reckless driving but that's another story..
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

skip68

I was just thinking....   I have told my wife several times "just take the charger"  because I know she won't drive.  BUT, one of these times I bet she does and all will be lost.    :rotz:

mike r

squeakfinder

Quote from: rt green on October 21, 2009, 06:06:34 PM
turn him over, he's done. you'll be shoppin for another one. keep an eye out for the girly air freshners and the like. or worse, you'll be driving the van. lol. no, i think its great that she likes it.

Or empty Starbucks coffee cups on the back seat floorboard.  :smilielol:
Anyhow, she sounds like my kinda woman.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Johnny SixPack

My girl's never driven either of the Chargers, but she likes 'em.

Talks about wanting to try one out, but then she gets nervous and doesn't.

I did get her to try out the Scout though.

She didn't like it so much.  :icon_smile_big:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

472 R/T SE

I don't blame her, I'd enjoy driving it too.

elacruze

I guess I'm about the odd guy out here...

My girlfriend has driven the Charger, and will drive it much more during our Rte. 66/Powertour/whatever summer tour...

My Mother wants a crack at it too, she loaned me $200 in 1979 to buy the R/T...she still reminisces about driving around in my Dad's '63 Galaxie 406/4speed, a 12 second car at Detroit Dragway.

I still haven't decided where that will take place, but it will certainly be on film-if only for the insurance adjuster's satisfaction... :o
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Martian R/T

Well the good news is that the van is fixed and I have my keys back in my possesion, it wasn't easy though, had to go look in her purse, she didn't want to give them up,  and I really don't like the van, I have a great dislike for it because I had to sacrifice my Dodge Ram V10 4X4 to get it, I only drive it once a week to Church and that's it, as for reaction at the school she couldn't believe how people reacted to the Charger, all her friends came running up wanting to know where she got the awesome ride, she said she felt a little self conscience because everyone was looking at her, or at the car, she isn't used to having people react like that, I told her it gets a little annoying at times, but that's what happens with a car like that, I told her be thankful its not a GL, those really get the attention, but all is back to normal and the Charger is OK no harm done. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
                            1970 Charger R/T 440 Auto 3:55 Martian Green???

66chargerkid

Wish my dad would just tell me to *take the bird* one day.
Hell I will even drive the GLHS =)
Q

moparguy01

my wife can barely drive her taurus, I'm sure not letting her drive my charger. I have let her drive my bronco a few times, and she did something that I have yet to figure out how the heck she did it. Somehow she managed to hit a basketball hoop (the large metal post sticking out of the concrete with the hoop attached). Now you would normally say, so she hit a post. Well somehow she managed to ONLY dent the 1/4 panel right behind the passenger door and the damage was only there and no where else. just incredible. :brickwall: