News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Old Dukes car found in rubble.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, October 20, 2009, 06:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forza

Damn, some people will argue over just about anything.

MoparManJim

Quote from: Forza on October 21, 2009, 11:06:33 PM

Who's argueing? 

carolina charger

I'm in the rolling hills of NC and have never saw or heard of that car. Not saying its not a true story.

rav440

Quote from: Forza on October 21, 2009, 11:06:33 PM

what do you mean ? almost anything ? or about anything in general mostly ?
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

Charger440RDN

Not for sale at any price? That's never true, everything has a price. If Donald Trump offered him $500,000 would it still not be for sale at any price?  :naughty:

Steve P.

When I was a teenager I took care of a neighbors yard. She was rather old and alone. In the back yard was a 57' Belair rag top. The car had been there for years untouched. She had no garage or I would have made a point of getting it inside. She told me the car belonged to her son and that he was in the service. It had been many years since he had been home or even mentioned the car. I tried like hell to be it's new owner for about three years, but he would not budge. He said he wanted to restore the car once he was out. One night I heard fire trucks screaming through the neighborhood and ran outside. It was her house completely engulfed in flames and I watched a fireman carry her out through the front door. She later died at the hospital. A few days later I saw a car in front of the house and a guy standing there shaking his head. Figuring it was her son I walked over to offer my condolences. Yes, it was him. After a few minutes of BSing he asked if I was the Steve taking care of his mom. I said yes, He nodded his head toward the back yard and asked if I still wanted the Chevy. It had burned to the ground also.

My point is that we sometimes have no control over things and to bicker about these things. Sometimes resistance is futile.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Steve P. on October 22, 2009, 10:45:49 PM
When I was a teenager I took care of a neighbors yard. She was rather old and alone. In the back yard was a 57' Belair rag top. The car had been there for years untouched. She had no garage or I would have made a point of getting it inside. She told me the car belonged to her son and that he was in the service. It had been many years since he had been home or even mentioned the car. I tried like hell to be it's new owner for about three years, but he would not budge. He said he wanted to restore the car once he was out. One night I heard fire trucks screaming through the neighborhood and ran outside. It was her house completely engulfed in flames and I watched a fireman carry her out through the front door. She later died at the hospital. A few days later I saw a car in front of the house and a guy standing there shaking his head. Figuring it was her son I walked over to offer my condolences. Yes, it was him. After a few minutes of BSing he asked if I was the Steve taking care of his mom. I said yes, He nodded his head toward the back yard and asked if I still wanted the Chevy. It had burned to the ground also.

My point is that we sometimes have no control over things and to bicker about these things. Sometimes resistance is futile.
Subject change time.  There was this silver 57 Chevy conv down the road from me sitting on a guys front lawn for years.  I would always stop by and ask if he would sell it.  Original owner, all complete.  I got "no" for years.  Many years later I ran into his son.  I sked if his dad ever parted with it?  He said yes.  I asked how much?  300.00 :'(

I have no point.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

mikepmcs

Quote from: Chris G. on October 20, 2009, 07:19:09 PM
That pic is about as believable as balloon boy crossing the Denver sky.

That made me giggle and was exactly my first thought when I saw the first pic and mag blurb.  My only offering on this subject is I don't buy the "not for sale at any price."

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go pile a bunch of debri on my car and call the Kennebec Journal.  :icon_smile_big:
Daddy needs a new pair a shoes, you feel me?  :lol:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

tan top

:coolgleamA:  never know what still hiding out there waiting to be discovered  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mike DC

Hey guys, look at this liar's photo.

Detroit never built any cars with a tree-through-the-hood option.  They also never sold any cars with a rust/patina finish like that.  And they never sold any cars without a hood either.  So this pic is obviously a fake.  The owner must have photoshopped it or staged it himself.  

I mean, geez .  .  .  I don't know why he wants us to believe that tree could take root & sprout right out of the engine block like that.  

bull

Of course it's real. Who would ever stage a fake photo? You can't. It's impossible.

The70RT

Ok, so the story is true. Now all he has to do is get John Snyder to authenticate it. Maybe a quick wash and it's Barret Jackson material. Some idiot would then give a life savings for it....whoops I forgot it's priceless  :laugh:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brock Lee

I would be more inclined to believe the building falling down on it story if there was a trace of damage. I once had the lense on my garage door opener fall on my car and it dinged it. Timbers falling should have cracked some glass or left some dents.

Mike DC

QuoteOk, so the story is true. Now all he has to do is get John Snyder to authenticate it. Maybe a quick wash and it's Barret Jackson material. Some idiot would then give a life savings for it....whoops I forgot it's priceless

Where did anyone, at any time, ever imply that this was a Warner Bros GL?  

It doesn't challenge the accuracy of the story to tear down a claim that was never originally made.  

QuoteI would be more inclined to believe the building falling down on it story if there was a trace of damage. I once had the lense on my garage door opener fall on my car and it dinged it. Timbers falling should have cracked some glass or left some dents.

Did the guy claim the stuff on the car was the result of it LITERALLY falling onto the car while being stored?  He says it was in an abandoned building that was falling in.  That's all.

Maybe it fell through a hole that was gradually growing over the years.  Maybe the roof was gradually sagging down to the level of the car.  Maybe half the stuff was already lying on the car and the other half was piled on there temporarily in the process of moving other things right next to it.  People use the horizontal surfaces of cars for temporary counter-top-space every day. 

Why is everyone so stubbornly refusing to just use a little common sense when viewing this pic ? ! ?  

brianz426

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 23, 2009, 05:27:20 AM
Quote from: Steve P. on October 22, 2009, 10:45:49 PM

Subject change time.  There was this silver 57 Chevy conv down the road from me sitting on a guys front lawn for years.  I would always stop by and ask if he would sell it.  Original owner, all complete.  I got "no" for years.  Many years later I ran into his son.  I sked if his dad ever parted with it?  He said yes.  I asked how much?  300.00 :'(

I have no point.

Subject change +1
I have a very similar story about a 1970 Purple 383 Magnum 4spd. Conv Challenger (not an R/T). This rare car sat on the street in front of a guys house for about 5 or 6 years while 3 crappy Volkswagens sat covered in his driveway. Nice guy, I talked to him 4 or 5 times about the car. Not for sale, it just kept deteriorating. Then one day the car was gone. I knocked on the door (he remembered me) and asked him what happened to the Challenger. "Oh, a guy in a tow truck came by one day, and wanted to buy it to restore for his daughter (car was purple) so I sold it to him." When he told me he sold it for $500.00 I was too upset to ask him why he didn't call me. I just nodded and walked away.

bull

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 23, 2009, 08:05:04 PM
QuoteOk, so the story is true. Now all he has to do is get John Snyder to authenticate it. Maybe a quick wash and it's Barret Jackson material. Some idiot would then give a life savings for it....whoops I forgot it's priceless

It doesn't challenge the accuracy of the story to tear down a claim that was never originally made.  

QuoteI would be more inclined to believe the building falling down on it story if there was a trace of damage. I once had the lense on my garage door opener fall on my car and it dinged it. Timbers falling should have cracked some glass or left some dents.

Did the guy claim the stuff on the car was the result of it LITERALLY falling onto the car while being stored?  He says it was in an abandoned building that was falling in.  That's all.

Maybe it fell through a hole that was gradually growing over the years.  Maybe the roof was gradually sagging down to the level of the car.  Maybe half the stuff was already lying on the car and the other half was piled on there temporarily in the process of moving other things right next to it.  People use the horizontal surfaces of cars for temporary counter-top-space every day. 

Why is everyone so stubbornly refusing to just use a little common sense when viewing this pic ? ! ?  

Why are you stubbornly refusing to consider that it might be staged? :lol:

The70RT

Quote from: bull on October 23, 2009, 08:40:12 PM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 23, 2009, 08:05:04 PM

Why are you stubbornly refusing to consider that it might be staged? :lol:

I think we know he submitted the article now  :smilielol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mike DC

I'd never do a GL with 01's like that.    ::)

Tilar

If you boys don't play nice I'm going to make you sit on the couch and hold hands till you can get along.     :lol:

The story may be true, but the picture is definitely staged. It looks awful clean to be sitting that long, the crap all over the top and leaning up against the sides when it's apparent the car hasn't been sitting in that spot for very long. Yeah I think it coulda been in a building they tore down. Maybe they sprayed the car off and put all that stuff on it to show the situation it was in. And it may have belonged to someones family member that is now dead and gone, which might explain why it's not for sale at any price.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

1969chargerrtse

Boy do I miss the days you could delete a post.  You people are silly. :girlfight:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Mike DC

It just fails me to understand how a bunch of crap piled onto a musclecar signals a staged pic. 

This same logic would hardly allow a single picture in the entire "cars in barns" thing to qualify as legit. 

NHCharger

If I had removed that car from the barn I would have removed all the debris off it first to prevent further damage. That's probably why some think it's staged.
Maybe someone should check one of the G/L sites to see if there is anymore info available on this car. Hate to see this degenerate into a moparts type slap fight :poke: :boxing_smiley: :lol:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

1969chargerrtse

Someone should send this thread link to Hot Rod mag for next months letter section. They would get a kick out if it.  I didn't think twice about real or not real when I first saw it.

MoparManJim

Well Mike, all these people on here love to do is just jump and start assuming things  ::) because a photo doesn't look right to them. I have seen cars being pulled out of buildings that wa falling in, and you would not belive the stuff that reamined on them or how the car wasn't all that dirty like some may thing it would have been. Just because a car sits for awhile in a building with maybe a hold in the building roof doesn't mean the car would be dirty. Just the flat areas like the hood, roof, truck area , might be dusty and alittle parts of stuff on them. 

So people can assume all they that want, but I have red what the article said and I'm not going to assume nothing.  :shruggy:

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 24, 2009, 01:04:26 PM

It just fails me to understand how a bunch of crap piled onto a musclecar signals a staged pic. 

This same logic would hardly allow a single picture in the entire "cars in barns" thing to qualify as legit. 

bull

This thread is pretty comical. :smilielol: How to Get Worked Up Over Nothing 101.