News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Old Dukes car found in rubble.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, October 20, 2009, 06:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

I saw this in my Hot Rod mag for this month.
Neat to see how Chargers are still considered something not for sale at any price.  Not to many cars hold that title especially worn out beat up  ones.  :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Brock Samson

looks to have a rear side marker...  :shruggy:

Chris G.

That pic is about as believable as balloon boy crossing the Denver sky.

charger_fan_4ever

Reminds me of this guy locally who has had a fy1 70 r/t sitting(rotting) away in his back yard since around 88-89. My brother and I both asked him numerous times over the years about selling it. Got so the last time we asked around 02 he said he'd put it in his will to let us have first chance. About 3-4 years ago when prices were pretty much at the peak the owner told another guy we know that the rotten R/t was worth around 100k as it sat.  :rofl:

I've never actually seen it in person cause he never wants to show anyone now. Brother saw it in 89-90 and it already had rotted 1/4's,floors,trunk,roof. I'm sure frame rails are toast by now. He thinks its worth all this money and won't even lift it up off the ground, nevermind putting it in his barn. :brickwall:

c00nhunterjoe

i doubt thats a series car, the letters are monstrous

skip68

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on October 20, 2009, 08:05:44 PM

:slap:     Those are numbers...not letters......     :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

MoparManJim

Quote from: skip68 on October 20, 2009, 11:22:44 PM

He can't tell them apart  :nana: :smilielol:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Todd Wilson

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Neal_J

Quote from: Chris G. on October 20, 2009, 07:19:09 PM
That pic is about as believable as balloon boy crossing the Denver sky.

I too call Fake.

Mike DC

Not sure what all the fuss is about. 

I don't see any attempts to claim it's a real TV series car (it isn't). 

And I don't see any reason this can't be a real pic/story.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 21, 2009, 03:47:09 AM

Not sure what all the fuss is about.  

I don't see any attempts to claim it's a real TV series car (it isn't).  

Thank you. That was the point, a interesting story about a 69 Charger is all it's saying.  It was just a blurb among other odd stories.  Again a great point about how loved 69 Chargers are.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

The70RT

It's not for sale at any price so lets throw it outside and pile crap on it and use it for a shelf  ::) If it had sat somewhere that long there would be a ton of dust on it too.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Neal_J

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 21, 2009, 03:47:09 AM

Here's one thought:  if the building in which the car was stored had falling in, woundn't you remove all the crap off the car BEFORE moving it?   I see no evidence that there was a previously a building about where the car sits in the picture.  So to me, this suggests the car was moved THEN crap added for extra effect.  I'm saying that's a staged photo.

Heck, this may be a real car in barn story. However, the breathless write-up and staged photo suggest are meant to suggest that someone found a genuine GL in a barn ("not for sale at any price").  

That dog, as they say, don't hunt.

buie1289

Quote from: The70RT on October 21, 2009, 07:53:54 AM
It's not for sale at any price so lets throw it outside and pile crap on it and use it for a shelf  ::) If it had sat somewhere that long there would be a ton of dust on it too.

As far as shelves go, it's a pretty nice one.  :icon_smile_big:

Mike DC

Imagine for a sec that the car is not a GL and it's not in a magazine blurb.  Maybe it's just an old Monaco or something. 

Would you guys still be so quick to call the story false? 

I just don't see what's so questionable here. 

It's an old Charger that's seeing the light of day for the first time in decades.  They often come out looking something like that.

Mikesmoparperformance

MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

teamroth

:slap:     Those are numbers...not letters......     :nana:

haha! good one chuck!  :smilielol: (smartass)

For the record it doesn't say the building fell down around/on it. It could be believed that there was a bunch of crap piled on it like we've seen numerous times and they just pulled it out as such no?
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

69bronzeT5

There's a bobcat in the background that could be used for tearing down a building or something :scope: :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 21, 2009, 02:30:21 PM

Imagine for a sec that the car is not a GL and it's not in a magazine blurb.  Maybe it's just an old Monaco or something. 

Would you guys still be so quick to call the story false? 

I just don't see what's so questionable here. 

It's an old Charger that's seeing the light of day for the first time in decades.  They often come out looking something like that.

Again thank you for the common sense.  This is almost funny.  Almost.  ::)

mike r

Hey guys,

Could it be that is a stolen car? The thief had his fun years ago and ditched it in an old barn. Its not for sale at any price , because it cant be sold, its a stolen car  :scratchchin:  Or maybe like you said, it could be a scam. By saying its not for sale at any price only makes some people offer more $, some people think (everything has a price)

anyway, just a thought  ;D

MoparManJim

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 21, 2009, 04:24:00 PM
There's a bobcat in the background that could be used for tearing down a building or something :scope: :shruggy:

Why is it that when something said, even typed in a mag, people always wonder off from what is really being said. It clearly says the building was falling in and being torn down which means they pulled the car out before it got damage  ::).  Maybe the person just doesn't want to sell it so that is why there for there is no price on it. When people read stuff for some reason they just start assuming things. When you read something, don't try to decode it just read it the way it is writen. 

Now, for the record, this car looks like one I saw in a mag back in 1998 to 1999 in a car mad and the place that had that car that I remember was Midwest Car Exchange. Those numbers on that car on here and the one I remember seeing in the mag back then look like the same numbers though.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: MoparManJim on October 21, 2009, 08:17:06 PM

Why is it that when something said, even typed in a mag, people always wonder off from what is really being said. It clearly says the building was falling in and being torn down which means they pulled the car out before it got damage  ::).  Maybe the person just doesn't want to sell it so that is why there for there is no price on it. When people read stuff for some reason they just start assuming things. When you read something, don't try to decode it just read it the way it is writen.  

Now, for the record, this car looks like one I saw in a mag back in 1998 to 1999 in a car mad and the place that had that car that I remember was Midwest Car Exchange. Those numbers on that car on here and the one I remember seeing in the mag back then look like the same numbers though.

I just don't see why people think it's fake/staged. That's why I mentioned the bobcat....the story about the building and stuff could tie together with the bobcat.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

The70RT

Why is it that when something said, even typed in a mag, people always wonder off from what is really being said. It clearly says the building was falling in and being torn down which means they pulled the car out before it got damage  ::).  Maybe the person just doesn't want to sell it so that is why there for there is no price on it. When people read stuff for some reason they just start assuming things. When you read something, don't try to decode it just read it the way it is writen. 

Ok then let's go by what the article states - The car has been in storage for 20 years.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

MoparManJim

Yes, lets go by what the article states, because some of you all are jumping to the assuming opinion because the car isn't for sale at any cost. 

Where does it say it was stolen or could have been stolen at? To what I can see it doesn't state or even mentions that at all  :-\.

When I said before about my on teh record about the other car I saw in a car mag a decade ago, I said the numbers look the same, I didn't say it was the same car both only the numbers look the same though. Let me see here  the tv show went off the air in 1986, this car set for 20 years, and it's 09 now would be it sat from 1989. 4 years after the show went off the air.   

Quote from: The70RT on October 21, 2009, 09:05:04 PM

Ok then let's go by what the article states - The car has been in storage for 20 years.