News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Driving to Talladega next week!

Started by 70Sbird, October 20, 2009, 08:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70Sbird

Good morning all,
Well next week it's the big trip for those of us going to Talladega!
I just wanted to tell everyone be safe and have a great trip!

If anyone is driving down from central Ill on Thursday let me know as my plans are as of now, leave Thursday @ 5:00 AM running through Mt Vernon Il @9:00, Nashville TN @ 1:00, and arriving in Alex City by 7:00. All times are approximate. If anyone wants to hook up and run down together please let me know and at least can exchange cell phone #'s for emergencies, breakdowns etc...
See you in Alabama!
Scott

Scott Faulkner

hemi68charger

:2thumbs:  Happy Aero-ing......... Must admit, I'll be a weenie and towing........ No way will I do 4:10's all the way there.....

Thanks for the well-wishes Scott, see ya'll there........  Last time I was there, I was wingless, not any more....... Hey ya Pete.......

DB    :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Dave Kanofsky

Scott - I am leaving Chicago around 12am Thursday and should be passing through Nashville around 7am, although the wait is killing me, I'm ready to go right now!

I too am towing - you are a better man than I.

Safe travel blessings to all!
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

PocketThunder

I could be going, the guy who bought my C500 a month and a half ago still hasnt picked it up yet, i dont suppose he would notice a few thousand more miles on the odometer...  :shruggy:  Oh wait, it was never hooked up to begin with.   :rofl:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 20, 2009, 08:56:39 AM
I could be going, the guy who bought my C500 a month and a half ago still hasnt picked it up yet, i dont suppose he would notice a few thousand more miles on the odometer...  :shruggy:  Oh wait, it was never hooked up to begin with.   :rofl:

You could ride along with me Paul...........  :2thumbs:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 20, 2009, 09:01:42 AM

with a trailer queen?  no thanks..   :whistling: :nixon: :mcride:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 20, 2009, 09:24:30 AM

No,, once we got there......... If not, so be it..........  :icon_smile_cool:
Troy

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemi68charger on October 20, 2009, 09:31:08 AM
Quote from: PocketThunder on October 20, 2009, 09:24:30 AM

No,, once we got there......... If not, so be it..........  :icon_smile_cool:

Thanks for the offer but i will not be able to make the trip this year.   :-\
Paul

hotrod98

My philosophy on long hauls with old cars is... "it's easier to start out on a trailer than to end up on a trailer".

Someone needs to keep us losers updated with lots of photos throughout the event. After all it's the cyber age.

Hope everyone has a safe trip and a lots of fun.  :2thumbs:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 20, 2009, 10:28:27 AM
My philosophy on long hauls with old cars is... "it's easier to start out on a trailer than to end up on a trailer".

Someone needs to keep us losers updated with lots of photos throughout the event. After all it's the cyber age.

Hope everyone has a safe trip and a lots of fun.  :2thumbs:
No guts no glory    :smilielol: :smilielol: :D
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

Stuart, I wasn't even thinking of you when I wrote that...no really...I mean it.  :angel:
I was referring to my own past experiences. I can replace every mechanical and electrical part on a car and still have problems.

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 20, 2009, 03:20:10 PM
Stuart, I wasn't even thinking of you when I wrote that...no really...I mean it.  :angel:
I was referring to my own past experiences. I can replace every mechanical and electrical part on a car and still have problems.
been there done that , working out all the kink is so fun , especially when every thing is new and they still fail  .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

70Sbird

Quote from: moparstuart on October 20, 2009, 03:32:59 PM
Stuart, I wasn't even thinking of you when I wrote that...no really...I mean it.  :angel:
been there done that , working out all the kink is so fun , especially when every thing is new and they still fail  .
not only been there done that, but I'm STILL there and DOING that with only a week until blast off!
How many bleeder screws will I break off while changing out my brake fluid tomorrow?
:scratchchin:

Scott Faulkner

hemi68charger

Quote from: 70Sbird on October 20, 2009, 03:46:01 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on October 20, 2009, 03:32:59 PM
Stuart, I wasn't even thinking of you when I wrote that...no really...I mean it.  :angel:
been there done that , working out all the kink is so fun , especially when every thing is new and they still fail  .
not only been there done that, but I'm STILL there and DOING that with only a week until blast off!
How many bleeder screws will I break off while changing out my brake fluid tomorrow?
:scratchchin:

If you can find DOT 5.1, then get that if you're currently running DOT 3 or 4...  5.1 is a mineral-based glycol fluid, not silicone.

Troy
Troy

notabird

there was road construction south of MtVernon on 57.Mopurr got held up several minutes a few weeks ago.
Brent

hergfest

I've been shaking down my 500 all summer long in preparation for this trip.  The only thing you can do it put some miles on it and see if everything works.  If something doesn't, fix it.  Brand new parts out of the box can go bad, but you can only do the best you can do.  We have five cars coming from the West Coast so we have backup if something goes wrong.
BTW, is it just me or does it seem like more new parts go bad now than it did in the past?  I have several examples over the last few years.

hotrod98

I'm returning about half of the new parts that I buy. So far on the 69 runner that I'm building I've gotten a bad voltage regulator and a bad power steering pump. Both new items, not rebuilt. It's definitely getting worse.

Charles Addams

pettybird

I'll be there in the B5 bird.  Marty just isn't going to be together in time.

Mopurr

I am most used to you being in the blue birds so will be great to see you.

I hope that your mom will be with you.

Sherri

pettybird

Quote from: Mopurr on October 23, 2009, 12:24:54 AM

Sherri

I said the same thing to mom about the cars.  We were going somewhere in the B5 car and I asked her that, when Marty was all set up for the long trips, are we going to be able to keep the 'bird at home?  I have a feeling the answer will be no...  maybe I'll stick a 5.7 in that car when the price of the swap comes down some, too.

*edit* I'm driving down Monday and staying at Mike Atkins' place.  Mom is flying into Birmingham at noon on Wednesday, so I'll catch her on the way down.  Now I have to call Rick Edwards and ask him when he's going down--wish me luck  :blahblah:

Mopurr

I hope that Mike is going too, but I have not heard????

Have a safe an uneventful trip, look forward to seeing you all.

marty42

he's going, and he's bringing Melanie.  It's a good reason to go early  ;)

(I forgot mom has her own login--not that mom doesn't like Melanie, but...)

marty42

And before I forget here's a completely off-topic picture of our new baby, Chessie:

marty42

Quote from: Mopurr on October 23, 2009, 12:24:54 AM

Sherri

Sherri - Hey.  this is Carol.  I see that Doug posted a picture of our new kitten.  It is so lovable that even my dad - who hates pets - cuddles it in his lap.  I was amazed to see him pet the cat.  When we had pets growing up, they were strictly outdoors.  This kitten is really cute.  But she hisses at our old mother cat.  They will have to get along since the other two cats will be in the house when I am in Alabama. 

Mopurr

Oh she is adorable how old is she, she looks a bit like our Cali

bring more little kitty pictures next week.

I kind of was guessing that Melanie was part of the reason for the stop and nice to know that she will be there too.

Really look forward to seeing you.

Have a safe trip.

Oh and don't forget a picture of Andrew.....I bet he is getting so big now.