News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Backup Light harness

Started by dodgecharger-fan, October 17, 2009, 12:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgecharger-fan

Here's an interesting predicament.

I was shopping for wiring harnesses on YearOne (I've been to Evans already and just doing some comparison shopping) and I notice that they have 2 different backup light harnesses for a 69 Charger. one for cars built before November 15th and one for cars built after November 15th.

Well, my car was built ON November 15th. So, does anyone know the difference? What changed on November 15th?
This is an automatic trans, by the way.

They have one picture of the post-Nov 15th harness and none of the pre-Nov 15th. I'd have to go dig out mine for comparison, but if someone knows, it would save me the hassle. Other than that, I just think it'd be a interesting thing to discuss...

Thanks.

Nacho-RT74

I think depending on the NSS. I THINK laters got the three prongs NSS with the back up lamp function on it. Earliers still got the 68 and earliers setup, with back up lamp switch on shifter instead at NSS ( with one prong ).

thats what I'm aware at least.

Do you still have the Mopars Catalogs I sold you long time ago? maybe there it says something about

OH, MY FIRST INTERNATIONAL DEAL EVER  :'( what a memories!!!  :angel: ;D
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Back N Black

:yesnod: Nacho is right. NSS on shifter linkage 68 and eariler 69 models.

69chargerGenLEE

OK all now I have a question that this hardness hooks into the male connector that gos into the bulkhead where do you get those ??? Is male connector the correct term !!  :shruggy:

dodgecharger-fan

Thanks! That solves it for me.

My trans has the three pronged NSS.