News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pee in your tank for a greener cleaner burning engine.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, October 19, 2009, 06:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

:o  That's what the driver of this Mercedes told me.  This is some special diesel car that has urine from prisons injected in the fuel somewhere and that reduces the emissions. :eek2:

I kid you not.  He showed me in the back of the car where it's stored.  Anyone hear of this?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bordin34

I've heard of urea injection before for that purpose but always wondered how you fill it up.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

ozziemoparnut

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

rustafarian

It only works with prison urine due to all the crystal meth getting flushed out of their systems and into the Benz
Beyond the Palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard

mauve66

so what happens when you get into an accident and the tank bursts and seeps into the car??? :eek2: :eek2:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: mauve66 on October 19, 2009, 07:11:20 PM
so what happens when you get into an accident and the tank bursts and seeps into the car??? :eek2: :eek2:
It was in a well sealed and I'm sure accident proof container built into the car.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

The70RT

Back when we were teens a few of us pissed in our bosses gas tank and after he drove it a little ways it died. :D
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

b5blue

elacruze

Quote from: rustafarian on October 19, 2009, 06:53:33 PM
It only works with prison urine due to all the crystal meth getting flushed out of their systems and into the Benz

I was going to say 'alcohol injection'.  :lol:
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

b5blue

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: b5blue on October 19, 2009, 10:05:47 PM
Must be a your-a-pee-in model. :lol:

:rofl:

I guess it has a fuel bladder instead of a normal tank then? :scratchchin:

BBD

Nacho-RT74

great, now comes in to my mind the movie DUNE... but using the urine to cars instead to drink :smilielol:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Todd Wilson

Back N Black

So, where do you have to go for a fill up?  The local pub??

oldcarnut

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on October 19, 2009, 06:15:29 PM
:o  That's what the driver of this Mercedes told me.  This is some special diesel car that has urine from prisons injected in the fuel somewhere and that reduces the emissions. :eek2:

I kid you not.  He showed me in the back of the car where it's stored.  Anyone hear of this?

I think the driver was full of BS more than the tank full of prison urine.  http://www.icis.com/v2/chemicals/9076560/urea/process.html

bull

I don't know about pissing in or on your Mercedes but why do these schmucks always feel the need to display their dedication to the latest green fad in big bold letters? It should just say "I Think I'm Better Than You" instead of "Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle."

LeadfootBob

In europe this stuff is called Ad-blue. Most of the new heavy trucks have an additional tank mounted in front of the diesel tank where you pour this stuff in, almost like an old two-stroke bike. At work we have an MB garbage hauler, apparently the warranty for certain engine components is voided if you skimp on it. Had me a good laugh when I found out what the stuff is made of, considering what the boss pays for it  :icon_smile_big:
Funny thing is, Volvo has the Ad-blue system, Mercedes as well, but Scania manages to pass the emissions without it?
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

b5blue

Troy

According to the article I posted above it's about $7.50 per gallon and that 7 gallon tank will last about 10,000 miles. It can be refilled at the dealer during normal service (which most MB owners will do). While the car will run exactly the same with or without it, the emissions will be higher. To keep people from just letting it go, the vehicle will only start 20 more times after the tank runs dry.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hemigeno

The new Ram Chassis Cabs (can't say Dodge Ram anymore  :'( ) equipped with the CTD have a urea-based emissions system also.  Pickup versions of the 3500 and all 2500's with the CTD will keep the BlueTEC system... for now...

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: The70RT on October 19, 2009, 07:51:23 PM
Back when we were teens a few of us pissed in our bosses gas tank and after he drove it a little ways it died. :D
It wasn't the urine. It was all the water in the pee..

I suppose if there was a way to reduce the pee down to the urea tha the emissions system want, and it was built in to the tank, then you could pee right in to the tank... I don't suppose that this is the case and the owner was trying to blow smoke up yer butt... <--- meaning original poster... not The70RT