News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Duster totalled coming back from Fall Fling

Started by 69bronzeT5, October 19, 2009, 01:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blown70

Quote from: Tilar on October 20, 2009, 09:10:06 AM
No sense in them getting carried away with the lawsuit happy lawyers. Don't get me wrong, he should get any and all expenses out of the deal, but I highly doubt the kid got hurt enough to get his college paid for. If he's hurt that bad, he won't be able to work once he gets out of school anyway.

I can assure you that I have more knowledge of the human body than you do.  Trust me that kid and father will not be the same from that auto-collision.... they may feel fine now... but, ever hear of future medical expense.....?  Can assure you they would not have, but now will as a direct result of that trauma..

I can tell you and I wont agreee on this but, will telll you, they will not be physically the same after a hit like that.....I can state the Croft studies or you can actually look them up yourself....

Tom

Blown70

Quote from: Tilar on October 20, 2009, 09:25:01 AM
So in other words if I have a 20k life insurance policy and someone runs over me, 20k should be the max you get... Period.

That is about senseless...so, if you dont carry life ins.  Your life is worthless?  What if someone carries a 5 million, suddenly they are really worth 5 million.... The stupidity of your argument is overwhelming...

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: Tilar on October 20, 2009, 09:25:01 AM
That is exactly what is wrong with all the insurance problems now... People are expected to pay for what "coulda" happened. And when the insurance companies have to pay for these "Coulda's", They pass the savings right on to you and me. Personally I think that all lawsuits should be limited to whatever insurance coverage you have. So in other words if I have a 20k life insurance policy and someone runs over me, 20k should be the max you get... Period.

I'm not going to jump all over you here but if a lawsuit ensues it is not going to be his insurance company that pays for it. The insurance company will just argue they had no way of knowing what type of activities this person was involved with only what his record did or didn't show and will be off the hook except for stated coverages in the contract which isn't that much. Especially in a company truck. It will be he employer who knows the guy on a deeper level and gave him the truck to drive and it will be himself. We do not get effected by insurance incidents such as these. Average people pay for average insurance and they only pay for what is in their bracket. This guy will get bumped into what is called "High Risk" insurance and the other high riskers will pay more and more for other high riskers "accidents", like they should. Its not that hard to drive not like a moron and its not that hard to call a cab. Hell you don't even have to know a number its just 411 or 0. Got no money in your pocket? They'll be glad to run you to the bank, they take credit and checks.  Oh and about this guy what the hell was he doing drinking and driving the company truck anyways? My older brother(not DUI boy) hit a deer with his company truck and his boss shit all over him and made him pay the deductible for insurance.  He was even contemplating making him pay the difference in the higher insurance rate.
Which brings me to another point, you don't pay for other people you pay for yourself.  Of course difference in age groups carry different rates based on proven statistics but it doesn't vary much from that.  I don't see why your mad at the people who were victimized you would do all you could to get a full settlement as well in this situation.  If I were you I would be mad at the drunk who made this even possible in the first place :shruggy:

Tilar

I didn't say he was not in the wrong, and yeah he should have to pay the consequenses<sp>... I'm just saying that people see situations like this as a get rich quick scheme which leads to stupid high lawsuits.

And I don't care how well anyone knows the human body, When something like this happens, people seem to think more about the money than a back ache.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

ZSmithersCharges

Were just on a different page thats all  :D I think the boy should get a bit of money and I think the drunk should get a good spanking.  Not a million dollars no, but a little something for what he went through, yes.

Blown70

Quote from: Tilar on October 20, 2009, 10:40:47 AM
I didn't say he was not in the wrong, and yeah he should have to pay the consequenses<sp>... I'm just saying that people see situations like this as a get rich quick scheme which leads to stupid high lawsuits.

And I don't care how well anyone knows the human body, When something like this happens, people seem to think more about the money than a back ache.

Well, I deal with people every single day from accidents that now for no other reason have chronic pain.......Figuring cost of the pain and treatment over time from those accidents.  can be in the 100,000's in an average lifetime....

Million, NO, and I agree some lawsuits get otta hand.....So I can agree with you to an extent.  I just know what I deal with almost every day at work.

Tom

Tilar

You can ask any first responder if they've ever heard the phrase "I'm going to sue!" and every one of them will probably say yeah. I know I heard it a number of times when I was an EMT.

Oh I understand things can go for longer than a few days. And I think that if they lose pay because of the accident they should have all wages reimbursed besides the medical but to pocket 20k because you were "inconvienced" for a few weeks is getting carried away... and it happens all the time. I guess if someone was paralyzed for life or could prove they needed medical attention for an extended period of time, I'd feel a little different about it, I just hate the ones that start thinking retirement before the accident scene is even cleared.

Dave  

Charger440RDN

Quote from: Todd Wilson on October 19, 2009, 11:41:31 PM
Thats why I dont drive mine as much as I used to.  I dont care of its a /6 car or a Hemi car they are all priceless and cannot be replaced. Once they are gone they are gone.

Todd

I agree, it's sad when any old classic or muscle car is destroyed  :'(

MoparManJim

I don't like drunks, I have no respect for them either.  :flame: 

The worst thing the world made was dang beer! :icon_smile_angry: as it's just like drugs. 

Afew of the worst things they ever made was Car Phones, Beer, and Cell Phones. 

Almost each time there is a wrack that happens, first thing you hear is "I was on my cell phone" and I didn't see the person. Geesh your driving a vehicle but yet your mind is on that cell phone  ::), if your driving the fricking vehicle put the cell down and watch what you are doing instead of that dang device. The other is Beer, a person is so dang wasted that when a vehicle is in front of him/her they doesn't even see it or think to even slow down to come to a stop  :flame: and that rams into that vehicle and then looks around like as in "what the heck happen"  but yet they think they are good enough to drive. People like this needs there head look at real dang well.  :flame:

The70RT

I know exactly what blown 70 is talking about. My wife has been rear ended twice while sitting still, 30 years ago and 15 years ago. One case we got a piddly ass settlement and the other nothing because we collected on the previous one. Now she is paying for it with TMJ & chronic joint and back pain. She also has a golf ball sized bump on the back of her neck. The retainer appliance for the TMJ only lasts a couple years or so and they cost a about 700 bucks each time, that's if something doesn't happen to it before then. (health insurance doesn't cover it) She had knee surgery on both knees since than. She has to have cortisone shots in her knees (still) shoulders and  ankles....yeah shes a mess and we gotta pay for it for the rest of our lives. We have heath insurance but it doesn't cover anything completely. When we get older medicare will pat for it ::) I raised my medical part on my vehicle insurance way up there just to cover our butts from here on out. Both of us are magnets on the road and idiots seem to find us all the time. Unless you has been down this road before you haven't got a clue. It's the name of the game if your stupid or careless you should pay. Wait till an uninsured motorists hits you and you loose your ride to work! Been their done that too! Tilar you just been lucky.....so far.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tilar

Quote from: The70RT on October 20, 2009, 01:33:38 PM
Wait till an uninsured motorists hits you and you loose your ride to work! Been their done that too! Tilar you just been lucky.....so far.

I've been lucky so far? I lost 30% of the lower lobe on my right lung due to a doctor misreading a cat scan thinking it was cancer, even after I told him that it was a scar from pneumonia... Granted this was after a run of cancer so I guess the doctor was just being over cautious.  I've also lost 2 cars that I was selling on time to uninsured motorists. I think I've had my share of misfortunes.
Dave  

Mike DC

How does an accident 15 or 30 years ago become causative to pain in the present? 
(I mean how can you declare that to be the cause of the present pain with such certainty?) 

I can understand if it's been hurting since the era of the original injury, but I don't get why the link extends to pain that first begins happening so far off in the future.  There's lots of different times that most of us hurt or stress a given joint in our adult lives.   

If my _______ started hurting tomorrow, I probably couldn't even begin to narrow down the cause of it. 

The70RT

Because these are the same injury's she had back when the accident first happened and never completely went away. Once your neck or back gets injured it never goes away. Of course when you get old your gonna feel all your old injury's.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Blown70

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 21, 2009, 03:26:44 AM

How does an accident 15 or 30 years ago become causative to pain in the present? 
(I mean how can you declare that to be the cause of the present pain with such certainty?) 

Part of having a medical degree, You have to look at prior medical records, history, and then look at the trauma that caused the suspected issue, you as a medical provider then need to decide with a reasonable degree of medical certainty the patients condition is related to the trauma that occurred. 

If you look above I stated to look up Croft, please do read that if you have significant interest, or maybe your just making an attempt (without medical training) to dispute that a trauma 20 years ago can cause current symptoms....

Again, I work with this daily and study and have continued training.... 

FACT, you have a significant trauma soft tissues (other than bone) will be affected, often causing early arthritis, pain, loss of motion, and DJD, DDD.

TOM

b5blue

My cousin is a Chiropractor and has shown me how true this is, never release insurance company's liability until you are certain. We are not made to be slammed around at 10"G's". I would be concerned about the boys neck deeply, being shot forward then slammed to the side. 

gasoline_24

I think the real issue here is that people must be responsible for their actions.  Everyone wants to say people were more responsible in the old days and this is why we have more lawsuits now.  This is not true.  The people that should be responsible for their actions are those that drove drunk or gave a company vehicle to someone that drove drunk.  Wouldn't it be something if the drunk driver or the company went to the car owner and his child and said we are very sorry for this happening and we will pay for your damages.  This won't happen and seldomly if ever happens.  Instead the car owner and his son will be forced to hire an attorney and go after these individuals and their insurance companies to be made whole.  However, there is no way to make someone completely whole that was injured and so we give them money in our justice system to offset their injuries.

On the issue of why insurance goes up...why is it that all of our insurance goes up every year?  The insurance companies state that it is because of all of these lawsuits and people just being greedy.  Isn't the greed on the part of those that won't pay for the results of their own negligence?  You and I pay higher insurance premiums across the board and every year the insurance companies post record profits.  How can you have record profits if you are losing all of this money to these lawsuits?  Even if they are passing on the losses how do they have record profits, unless they are passing on more than the losses and justifying it with lies us?

I will now get off of my soap box.   :angel:

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: gasoline_24 on October 21, 2009, 10:22:34 AM
I think the real issue here is that people must be responsible for their actions.  Everyone wants to say people were more responsible in the old days and this is why we have more lawsuits now.  This is not true.  The people that should be responsible for their actions are those that drove drunk or gave a company vehicle to someone that drove drunk.  Wouldn't it be something if the drunk driver or the company went to the car owner and his child and said we are very sorry for this happening and we will pay for your damages.  This won't happen and seldomly if ever happens.  Instead the car owner and his son will be forced to hire an attorney and go after these individuals and their insurance companies to be made whole.  However, there is no way to make someone completely whole that was injured and so we give them money in our justice system to offset their injuries.

On the issue of why insurance goes up...why is it that all of our insurance goes up every year?  The insurance companies state that it is because of all of these lawsuits and people just being greedy.  Isn't the greed on the part of those that won't pay for the results of their own negligence?  You and I pay higher insurance premiums across the board and every year the insurance companies post record profits.  How can you have record profits if you are losing all of this money to these lawsuits?  Even if they are passing on the losses how do they have record profits, unless they are passing on more than the losses and justifying it with lies us?

I will now get off of my soap box.   :angel:

Im going to weld you to that soap box and give you your own radio station  :2thumbs:

Mike DC

Somebody had a statistic that the medical insurance industry spends something like 1/4th of their entire expenditures in attempts to deny claims.  

It's like they owe us a $100 payout, but they spend another $80 trying to deny us the money for a while before paying.  And then they raise our rates to cover the extra $80 above projected expenses that our case has cost them. 

b5blue

And another 20.00 goes to stock holders and big wigs out of that. We pay an additional 4.50 every 6 months here in Florida for a "hurricane tax" WTF? So 9.00 X every driver in FL. even if there has been no hurricanes for years.....where does it go?  :RantExplode:

RD

I JUST WANT TO POINT OUT THIS, CONSIDERING THE INSURANCE STUFF AND THE PEOPLE INVOLVED HAVE ALL BEEN ADDRESSED....

that duster's cabin area handled the stress of the impact better than i have seen other cars on todays safety standards.  So much for old muscle not being able to take a hit eh?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

b5blue

aussiemuscle

if the driver is drunk, then it shouldn't be considered an 'accident'.  :eyes: My brother had a falcon wagon many years ago that got rear ended. he'd been waiting at the red light for four minutes, when he saw a car coming up behind him and firmed both feet on the brake ready. BANG straight into the back of it. she said he 'stopped suddenly'.  :slap:

gasoline_24

Was his sudden stop before or after she rammed into the back of him?   :icon_smile_big:

69bronzeT5

:rotz: :rotz: :rotz:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic