News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Duster totalled coming back from Fall Fling

Started by 69bronzeT5, October 19, 2009, 01:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

No, not my Duster. Saw this on For A Bodies Only. This guy and his kid were coming back from the Fall Fling show in L.A. His son was sleeping in the back seat. He slowed down at an intersection and a drunk driver in a company truck rear ended him. Apperentley the guy in the truck didn't even slow down. The impact pushed the Duster into a Range Rover and almost across the intersection. So far the dad and kid seem fine but the Duster isn't. :rotz: :RantExplode: :brickwall: :flame: :icon_smile_angry:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Neal_J

What a shame.   Hope the dad & kid are OK.  It was a nice car too.

Can I use that picture on my site?

:icon_smile_wink:

b5blue

:eek2: And the kid sleeping in the back didn't get hurt!

69bronzeT5

Ponch ®

Quote from: b5blue on October 19, 2009, 01:33:12 PM

thankfully no.

That sucks. I was parked near that car at the show (there was a truck in between). Here's what's probably one of the last pics taken of the car before its untimely end:

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

hemi68charger

Hope the kid and Dad are doing well... More than likely, as the cases usually are, the freakin' drunk driver's probably fine. Hope the owner of the Duster has some resolution with this and ends up with a Daytona, Superbird or whatever his dream car is.........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

bull

Nah, we don't need no stinking drug testing policy. :rotz: If I were that Duster owner I think I'd be contacting an attorney to explore the possibility of United Riggers footing the bill for the Duster's restoration.

Tilar

Man that sucks. He didn't have any wiper arms on. I wonder if he was just finishing this car up?
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Tilar on October 19, 2009, 02:20:03 PM
Man that sucks. He didn't have any wiper arms on. I wonder if he was just finishing this car up?

I think the owner said he painted it himself 15-20 years ago and the paint still held up beautifully so I don't think it was in the finish stages of resto.

Rolling_Thunder

No way - I have seen that car for at least 7 years at the Spring / Fall Flings...         

Company vehicle...    well he won't be having a problem getting enough $$$ for another muscle car...    still a shame to see -
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

John_Kunkel

A lot of people remove the wiper arms 'cause it "looks better without them", some even push decorative caps over the exposed shafts.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

The70RT

That sucks. hope no kids were hurt. I bet he comes out with more cash than he had in it since it was restored so long ago. :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mauve66

maybe the kid wil get some college money out of the deal
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

ChgrSteve67

He will get something for the car but not enought to replace the money, time spent, hard work and the care that went into it.

I know if mine got totaled there is no way I would get back what went into it.
Probably only enought to start another project.

And the sadder part is the drunk will probably just get a slap on the hand and maybe loose his job.
Personally I think any drunk that gets into a car accidet should be prosecuted for attempted murder.

I glad to hear the dad and son are alive, unfortuanately they will probably both feel the affects of the accident for years.

The70RT

If he has collector car insurance on it he should get agreed value on it. If the other insurance company haggles with him they will pay the difference go after them for the rest...........at least that's what Hagarty does. A friend of mine had his Chevelle totaled and the other person was at fault and tried to pay him 15K. He had it insured for 27.5. Hagarty told him to accept that and then Hagarty sent him the rest. He bought his car back for a grand and then fixed it for about 18K.

mauve66

but then he has a salvage title and nobody will insure it again, right??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Todd Wilson

Thats why I dont drive mine as much as I used to.  I dont care of its a /6 car or a Hemi car they are all priceless and cannot be replaced. Once they are gone they are gone.

Todd

The70RT

Quote from: mauve66 link= :scratchchin:c=62824.msg701516#msg701516 date=1256012171

I never discussed that with him. I will ask him when I see him. I have had some cars totaled and I never got a salvage title.........but I only had liability on them. Whose to say later on the car would not be a collectible and then someone restored it. No one would ever know then.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 19, 2009, 01:59:51 PM
Quote from: b5blue on October 19, 2009, 01:33:12 PM

thankfully no.

That sucks. I was parked near that car at the show (there was a truck in between). Here's what's probably one of the last pics taken of the car before its untimely end:

Wow, that's kinda cool.  You should hunt him down and email it to him.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: mauve66 on October 19, 2009, 11:16:11 PM
I used to buy salvage title cars for years at the auctions.  All you have to do is get it re inspected and then you get a new title that says " rebuilt " on it here in CT.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Cooter

That sucks...That drunk driver deserves to have to pay for that Duster. I know how I'd feel if one of mine got hit like that. Man, that sucks.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Blown70

In my area there plenty of Attorneys that actually would love a case like this.  I HATE druck drivers, and the dammage they can and do casue.

Depends on the state of CA. but where I am from.... that kids college just got paid for......plus the duster, and some $$ for the father to buy a viper......

Tilar

No sense in them getting carried away with the lawsuit happy lawyers. Don't get me wrong, he should get any and all expenses out of the deal, but I highly doubt the kid got hurt enough to get his college paid for. If he's hurt that bad, he won't be able to work once he gets out of school anyway.
Dave  

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: Tilar on October 20, 2009, 09:10:06 AM
No sense in them getting carried away with the lawsuit happy lawyers. Don't get me wrong, he should get any and all expenses out of the deal, but I highly doubt the kid got hurt enough to get his college paid for. If he's hurt that bad, he won't be able to work once he gets out of school anyway.

Its not the fact that he got lucky this time and didn't hurt anyone its the fact that he could have and should have to pay for what he could have done.  I'm not biased to this either my brother(who is a retard) has 2 DUI convictions, they took his license the first time for a couple months the second time for like 6 months.  They let these people off too easy to go do it again.

Tilar

That is exactly what is wrong with all the insurance problems now... People are expected to pay for what "coulda" happened. And when the insurance companies have to pay for these "Coulda's", They pass the savings right on to you and me. Personally I think that all lawsuits should be limited to whatever insurance coverage you have. So in other words if I have a 20k life insurance policy and someone runs over me, 20k should be the max you get... Period.
Dave