News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

318 with j heads?

Started by 92454ss, February 15, 2010, 06:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

92454ss

got 318 bored 30over gots a edelbrock performer cam edelbrock performer intake and 600 cfm carb with hedman headers... well the stock heads are makin a nockin noise so i invested on sum fresh rebuilt ported polished 360 j heads will this set up work well?  got a stock 904 tranny with 276 gears out back... the motor is out of a 1982 dodge police package diplomat 4bbl car....

Cooter

I spect I'd find out what the noise was before I bought anything :Twocents:..360 Heads work really well on the 318...Valves should be the larger of the stock SBC heads as well...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

oldkimmer

..............LIKE SAID.CHECK IT OUT GOOD..........if stock compression , dont put on J heads as they will lower ur comp over 1 point, making it loose low end tork and milage......................kim..........
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!