News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Edy Stickers... I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Started by ZSmithersCharges, October 18, 2009, 02:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: Armudster on October 19, 2009, 11:36:20 AM
Here is the same, a lot of cars have that Edy´s stickers, I usualy don´t mind, as soon as ther os at least one part installed on their car, but it´s getting old fast, and another thing I am sick of seeing is that ugly edy air cleaner that loofs like a fly´s eyes. It just doesn´t look right on a Mopar.

I think they're more for chevy's I saw one on a 350 and it didn't look too bad... of course this guy was also a genius as he had a rag underneath inbetween the mesh and the actual filter and he didn't bother to even take it out when I went to go look at the car.  I just don't see how they could breath as well as the older style circle filter, they have so much less surface area?

Neal_J

I thought it had been scientifically proven that stickers make a car 26% faster. 

And flames too.   They add another 14%.

You can't argue with science.

:nana:

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: Neal_J on October 19, 2009, 11:43:37 AM
I thought it had been scientifically proven that stickers make a car 26% faster. 

And flames too.   They add another 14%.

:rotz: But science is so ugly :lol:

Armudster

Quote from: Neal_J on October 19, 2009, 11:43:37 AM

And flames too.   They add another 14%.

Yep, the car will be so quick it will actually look like it's on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :smilielol:

hemigeno

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on October 19, 2009, 11:40:49 AM
Here is the same, a lot of cars have that Edy´s stickers, I usualy don´t mind, as soon as ther os at least one part installed on their car, but it´s getting old fast, and another thing I am sick of seeing is that ugly edy air cleaner that loofs like a fly´s eyes. It just doesn´t look right on a Mopar.

I think they're more for chevy's I saw one on a 350 and it didn't look too bad... of course this guy was also a genius as he had a rag underneath inbetween the mesh and the actual filter and he didn't bother to even take it out when I went to go look at the car.  I just don't see how they could breath as well as the older style circle filter, they have so much less surface area?

They're not just for Chebbies anymore!!   :lol:

Armudster

Wow and I tought that air filter couldn´t get any worse, live and learn!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: hemigeno on October 19, 2009, 12:23:40 PM
Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on October 19, 2009, 11:40:49 AM

They're not just for Chebbies anymore!!   :lol:

:lol: Its not Hideous, not my taste however

69bronzeT5

Here is the same, a lot of cars have that Edy´s stickers, I usually don't mind, as soon as there is at least one part installed on their car, but it's getting old fast, and another thing I am sick of seeing is that ugly edy air cleaner that looks like a fly´s eyes. It just doesn't look right on a Mopar.

When I got my Charger and it still had the old 318, that exact air cleaner was on it. It went with the 318 :lol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

MichaelRW

The most common sticker back "in the day" was "Hooker Headers".
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Neal_J

Quote from: MichaelRW on October 19, 2009, 01:13:59 PM

Back then, I think my junior high school binder had them all:  Edelbrock, Moon, Isky, Crane, Hooker, Hedman, STP, Valvoline, Holley, Champion, Hurst....  

And my binder was scientifically proven to be 26% faster than other kids' denim-covered binders.  

AND 77% faster than Pee-Chee folders.

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: Neal_J on October 19, 2009, 01:21:49 PM
Quote from: MichaelRW on October 19, 2009, 01:13:59 PM

Back then, I think my junior high school binder had them all:  Edelbrock, Moon, Isky, Crane, Hooker, Hedman, STP, Valvoline, Holley, Champion, Hurst....  

And my binder was scientifically proven to be 26% faster than other kids' denim-covered binders.  

AND 77% faster than Pee-Chee folders.

:smilielol: Wait wouldn't that make it 286% faster? Or does it only work once?  :rofl:

MichaelRW

I guess Hooker Headers always stood out because it reminded me of something else.  :D
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

ZSmithersCharges

Neal_J

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on October 19, 2009, 01:25:14 PM
:smilielol: Wait wouldn't that make it 286% faster? Or does it only work once?  :rofl:

Trumping my scientific sticker argument with CPA humor, eh?  (26% x 11 = 286%, yea I checked)

You are indeed a worthy adversary!~

:2thumbs:

Armudster

Now Hooker Headers is a good sticker, specially that one "I love my HOOKER headers" that is a statement and it certainly remind me of something else either. :D

TUFCAT

Quote from: MichaelRW on October 19, 2009, 01:25:52 PM
I guess Hooker Headers always stood out because it reminded me of something else.  :D

mufflers?

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: Neal_J on October 19, 2009, 01:27:39 PM
Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on October 19, 2009, 01:25:14 PM
:smilielol: Wait wouldn't that make it 286% faster? Or does it only work once?  :rofl:

Trumping my scientific sticker argument with CPA humor, eh?  (26% x 11 = 286%, yea I checked)

You are indeed a worthy adversary!~

:2thumbs:
:smilielol:  :smilielol: It was a serious question one has to know these sorts of things when going out to purchase stickers  :icon_smile_big:

quapman

I thought the stickers were for covering rot holes, so that the car can be advertised as "rust-free"..??  :shruggy:

Hope you brushed your teeth after the mini-puke.  :eek2: