News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Edy Stickers... I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Started by ZSmithersCharges, October 18, 2009, 02:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSmithersCharges

Why is it that every project Mopar I come across has to have the token "Edelbrock" sticker on it as if that changes the fact that it doesn't run and doesn't even have an Edelbrock carburetor?  :shruggy:

Just something I felt like pointing out in the wee hours of the night as I'm doing nothing just thinking about the two cars in my back yard and cruising craigs list.  It's like a plague that can't be stopped.

MoparManJim

Don't feel bad man, I know how you feel, I have a big problem with folks that "love" to use the word "great" when the word "Good" should be used, it's like the people have the word great stuck in there brain and don't know what other word to use that would fit more better  ::) 

Then just like you, see a charger and there is a sticker about the carb on it. I know how you feel.

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: MoparManJim on October 18, 2009, 03:46:36 AM
Don't feel bad man, I know how you feel, I have a big problem with folks that "love" to use the word "great" when the word "Good" should be used, it's like the people have the word great stuck in there brain and don't know what other word to use that would fit more better  ::)  

Then just like you, see a charger and there is a sticker about the carb on it. I know how you feel.

"Frosted flakes they're not good they're GREAT!"  I think that started it all, they're good... but not great.  It's just like people who love to use the word "love", its good until you say it 500 times or use it for the wrong purposes than it is worth nothing.  Like people who "LOVE" Oprah or LOVe Nikes or LOve Ramen Noodles or Love collideosopes or love, well you get the point.  And thats where the story of the boy who cried wolf comes in.

As a side note I have no idea what this has to do with the topic at hand, but someone needed to bring this to light damnit.  Word abusers, ruining our society.

69bronzeT5

I guess I should go take those Edelbrock stickers off my Charger then :leaving: :rotz: :icon_smile_blackeye: :whistling:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 18, 2009, 04:04:14 AM
I guess I should go take those Edelbrock stickers off my Charger then :leaving: :rotz: :icon_smile_blackeye: :whistling:

If you actually have an Edy I guess its "okay" but still I don't think there is a crusty old carberated beater that DOESN'T have Edelbrock stickers.  It's almost as if the person selling it is like, "what this car needs is full quarters both sides, new trunk pan, floors, front fenders, rocker panels, new rear window that my brother broke when he was wasted, new gears because third is gone, new wiring... Sh*t man I don't have the money to fix all that, but I DO have these stickers... I'll just throw them on there and ask for a grand more than the cars worth"

Also, note the car in your sig doesn't have stickers... that's because its not a beater  :2thumbs:  I just think its tacky above all hell, do women wear shirts that say their bra size? If so, well you give me her number I need to "reprimand" her.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on October 18, 2009, 04:11:36 AM

If you actually have an Edy I guess its "okay" but still I don't think there is a crusty old carberated beater that DOESN'T have Edelbrock stickers.  It's almost as if the person selling it is like, "what this car needs is full quarters both sides, new trunk pan, floors, front fenders, rocker panels, new rear window that my brother broke when he was wasted, new gears because third is gone, new wiring... Sh*t man I don't have the money to fix all that, but I DO have these stickers... I'll just throw them on there and ask for a grand more than the cars worth"

Also, note the car in your sig doesn't have stickers... that's because its not a beater  :2thumbs:  I just think its tacky above all hell, do women wear shirts that say their bra size? If so, well you give me her number I need to "reprimand" her.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm just kidding around with you! :icon_smile_big: :nana: My dad brought home a Edelbrock catalog from work (he works at Canada Post so he brings home car magazines from the junk bin) and the catalog came with a pack of stickers. I stuck one on the post of my old bed and another on my old walkman. That was years ago so I have no idea what happened to the rest. The only stickers that will ever go on my cars are Mr Angry INC stickers or dodgecharger.com stickers (and only on the windows). However, maybe when I do a rally or road race I'll have static cling decals on....NO EDELBROCK one's though!  :icon_smile_wink:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 18, 2009, 04:18:40 AM
Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on October 18, 2009, 04:11:36 AM

Also, note the car in your sig doesn't have stickers... that's because its not a beater  :2thumbs:  I just think its tacky above all hell, do women wear shirts that say their bra size? If so, well you give me her number I need to "reprimand" her.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm just kidding around with you! :icon_smile_big: :nana: My dad brought home a Edelbrock catalog from work (he works at Canada Post so he brings home car magazines from the junk bin) and the catalog came with a pack of stickers. I stuck one on the post of my old bed and another on my old walkman. That was years ago so I have no idea what happened to the rest...

Some hillbilly probably found them in your trash can and went home and put them on his car  :smilielol:

tan top

got a few edelbrock stickers on my toolbox  :yesnod:   came in my thunder 800AVS carb box
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: tan top on October 18, 2009, 04:30:49 AM
got a few edelbrock stickers on my toolbox  :yesnod:   came in my thunder 800AVS carb box

Good place for them  :D

TUFCAT

I've met Vic Edelbrock twice, and he is such a DICK.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: TUFCAT on October 18, 2009, 07:15:42 AM
I've met Vic Edelbrock twice, and he is such a DICK.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

:rotz: Hopefully he was having a bad day  :shruggy: I hate buying parts from assholes but I am in need of a carb.  Still, the thought of meeting him after I've just put my money in his pocket and him acting like a holier than thou SOB really eats at me.

Wow googled him, he even looks like a dick.

greenpigs

My stickers stay on the rollaround and the only ride they look ok on are big ass 4X4 trucks.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Back N Black

Don't get too wrapped around the axle about a couple of stickers on a car.  :pity:

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: Back N Black on October 18, 2009, 07:30:33 AM
Don't get too wrapped around the axle about a couple of stickers on a car.  :pity:

That would be kind of difficult anyways but I'll try not to.  I'm also nowhere near upset I just think they look tacky, I really don't like any stickers on a fresh car.  Given some stickers are funny and I "let them pass" Edy stickers are just so plain and over used.  Its worse than Obama stickers, like I said, both of my project cars have Edy stickers from a previous owner at one time or another that I will be going out with a razor blade and removing today  :2thumbs:

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: greenpigs on October 18, 2009, 07:28:37 AM
My stickers stay on the rollaround and the only ride they look ok on are big ass 4X4 trucks.

Yea that way they're up so high you can't see them anyways and even if you could, they're also covered in mud  :smilielol:

dkn1997

id rather have stickers than the too often used "rust free except for the floors, quarters, and wheel houses.  the hood hinges are rotted out too..."
RECHRGED

RECHRGD

Come on!! we all know that the Eddy stickers will make your car go faster.  But, for all out performance, you can't beat a Holley sticker! :Twocents:
13.53 @ 105.32

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: dkn1997 on October 18, 2009, 09:19:47 AM
id rather have stickers than the too often used "rust free except for the floors, quarters, and wheel houses.  the hood hinges are rotted out too..."

:smilielol: Haven't heard that one yet, although I hear all the time "the car is solid except for (begin list of items that would structurally impair the car)" Which is basically the same thing.  But it seems like the stickers come with these kind of conditions as if somehow they exempt all of the other conditions.

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: RECHRGD on October 18, 2009, 09:20:23 AM
Come on!! we all know that the Eddy stickers will make your car go faster.  But, for all out performance, you can't beat a Holley sticker! :Twocents:

No for all out performance you can't beat a NOS energy drink sticker pointing to your gas fill.  Oh, and don't forget to get it signed by Vin Diesel and Paul Walker  :yesnod:

MoparManJim

Quote from: RECHRGD on October 18, 2009, 09:20:23 AM

Shoot, give me a dame price tag sticker from anystore and I'll slap it on the car and I bet you the car will go no faster with that sticker then what the Eddy sticker was making the car go as either  :smilielol:

MoparManJim

Well, your thread and my reply has a lot in common man, It has to do with words ;) :shruggy:, The Eddy sticker is a word place on a sticker paper that you can stick on your vehicle some where. The word Great is also a word that is used alot on the net but is also abuse alot by folks. Say for ex. Someone just gets an old mopar that needs alot of work and they start posting photos of what it looks like, a person doesn't even touch it yet but yet almost 90% starts useing the word and saying "Oh that car looks great!"  ::) when the car looks good, the person just got it and hasn't evening begain to work on it and all a sudden the car looks great?! Come on.

Just like the Eddy stickers, someone has an old car, they find a eddy sticker and think "man this will look good on my car". So they stick it on not thinking. 

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on October 18, 2009, 04:02:22 AM
Don't feel bad man, I know how you feel, I have a big problem with folks that "love" to use the word "great" when the word "Good" should be used, it's like the people have the word great stuck in there brain and don't know what other word to use that would fit more better  ::)  

"Frosted flakes they're not good they're GREAT!"  I think that started it all, they're good... but not great.  It's just like people who love to use the word "love", its good until you say it 500 times or use it for the wrong purposes than it is worth nothing.  Like people who "LOVE" Oprah or LOVe Nikes or LOve Ramen Noodles or Love collideosopes or love, well you get the point.  And thats where the story of the boy who cried wolf comes in.

As a side note I have no idea what this has to do with the topic at hand, but someone needed to bring this to light damnit.  Word abusers, ruining our society. 

Todd Wilson

We got a group of local guys who have 80's Monte Carlo's and Cuttlass type cars. Got the roll bar in it and some big tires out back with the standard built 350 Chevy in them. All the stickers you can get on the sides. I call them the Summit Racing Team as it appears they buy every speed part they can from summit and then put on all the stickers that come in the box when they ship.

Todd

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: MoparManJim on October 18, 2009, 05:25:38 PM
Well, your thread and my reply has a lot in common man, It has to do with words ;) :shruggy:, The Eddy sticker is a word place on a sticker paper that you can stick on your vehicle some where. The word Great is also a word that is used alot on the net but is also abuse alot by folks. Say for ex. Someone just gets an old mopar that needs alot of work and they start posting photos of what it looks like, a person doesn't even touch it yet but yet almost 90% starts useing the word and saying "Oh that car looks great!"  ::) when the car looks good, the person just got it and hasn't evening begain to work on it and all a sudden the car looks great?! Come on.

Just like the Eddy stickers, someone has an old car, they find a eddy sticker and think "man this will look good on my car". So they stick it on not thinking. 

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on October 18, 2009, 04:02:22 AM

Yeah I just thought about it more in depth like you were  :yesnod: You are correct.   I guess to me using random manufacturer sticker represents a lack of personality(unless your going for an all out race car, or replica of one) because of all things I would have to muster up the courage to "would-be" permanently stick on the car it surely would not be something as common, plain, and boring as an Edelbrock sticker.  Using the same words also shows the same thing because you are using the same as everyone else, even if the car is "great" a better word could always be used to show your feelings towards something, like exquisite.  :2thumbs:

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: Todd Wilson on October 18, 2009, 05:37:29 PM
We got a group of local guys who have 80's Monte Carlo's and Cuttlass type cars. Got the roll bar in it and some big tires out back with the standard built 350 Chevy in them. All the stickers you can get on the sides. I call them the Summit Racing Team as it appears they buy every speed part they can from summit and then put on all the stickers that come in the box when they ship.

Todd

:smilielol: That's cute I feel like Chevy owners(that don't own Mopar) are like little children, they always want to impress their knowledge and awesomeness upon people in any way they can... Ie ricer style with a million go fast stickers  :drive: However, I won't put them in that category simply because they may actually have those parts in their cars, ricers most usually do not.  Still, why put that much money into a car and then nasty it all up with a bunch of adhesive crap that nobody reads anyways?  I don't care how bad a car looks, it looks better without them to me.

But as an extra point, if the car is sponsored by any of these companies than my point it moot, go get your paper daddy  :apimp: Put stickers on top of stickers for all I care if it makes you more money :lol:

Armudster

Here is the same, a lot of cars have that Edy´s stickers, I usually don't mind, as soon as there is at least one part installed on their car, but it's getting old fast, and another thing I am sick of seeing is that ugly edy air cleaner that looks like a fly´s eyes. It just doesn't look right on a Mopar.