News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I bet you never saw anyone launch a boat like this before

Started by AKcharger, October 22, 2009, 11:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

We sent a plane down to VA last week to train with the SEALs, and practice dropping their lil' assualt boats.The guys on board snapped a few photos. I knew we dropped trucks and stuff, never knew you could drop boats too.

Blown70

Mike DC

SEALs. 

"I pity the fool," ya know what I mean?    :cheers:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

400/6/PAC

Hemidog

PocketThunder

How close to the edge of the platform can you stand without being sucked out of the plane?  It looks like the guy on the right is jumping next but the guy on the left is staying on the plane.  :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bull

You guys do more before 6 am than I do all day... but that's not really saying much. :cheers:

ChgrSteve67

Would be cool to see that from the ground.

Its a bird, its a plane, its a boat?

69_500

Shouldn't they be dropping the boat at night? Pretty easy to spot a boat floating down in a parachute in the day time.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 23, 2009, 08:32:42 AM
It looks like the guy on the right is jumping next but the guy on the left is staying on the plane:shruggy:

And check out the shoes he's wearing. 

How does the boat get depalletized when it's in the water?  I realize it's kinda hard to launch a boat like that w/o something square on the bottom so it must be some kind of quick release?
When they're on a mission, what happens to the "pallet"?

Sorry for the questions, it's just intriguing.  Thanks for the pix, cool shots.

AKcharger

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 23, 2009, 08:32:42 AM
How close to the edge of the platform can you stand without being sucked out of the plane?  It looks like the guy on the right is jumping next but the guy on the left is staying on the plane.  :shruggy:

Pretty much right to the edge, it's not like the moves where people get "blown out of the plane" plus you depressurize before you open the door.

...Bull  :smilielol:
...69_500 operationally yes, but for training you "walk before you run" and learn it right THEN progres to the difficult stuff
...472 good questions! I'm an aircraft maintenace guy, not an operator so not sure but I strongly suspect the tiedowns are fitted with a "SEAWARS" (Sea Water Active Release System) It is an explosive charge that blows the attach bolts when it's submerged in water.  Fighter pilos use a similar sytem on their parachute harness. What was happening was pilots would punch out over water, black out or be injured and the parachute would cover when they'd enter the water and they'd drown. SEAWARS would disengage the chute on touchdown an (hopefully) their "horse collar" life preserver would automatically inflate. As far as the pallet...I think that goes to davy jones locker

NHCharger

Holy Cow :o :o :o
I cannot believe those two guys aren't hooked up to a safety harness. Oh wait, their Seals, safety is for sissies.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

captnsim

Looks like LALO jump exercises...
Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

BigBlackDodge

mauve66

what i want to know is who is down in the water making sure some ski boat doesn't come across right before touchdown :brickwall: :brickwall:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment