News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FYI Mopars At The Strip

Started by Steve P., October 15, 2009, 04:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChgrSteve67

So VegasMike is this at your house or place of business?

I would be intrested in comming buy if there is room.

skip68

It's his house.   There should be plenty of room if you tip well.   :icon_smile_big:   Looking at the list of members coming I can see we will have our own celebrity... FirefighterRon !   He is the Elvis of DC.com.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Dans 68

I just made my reservation at the Nellis Suites, so the pressure is now on to get all the "tasks" I want to do on the '68 completed. I'm really looking forward to this trip. Chuck, I do have a few of the 10-ft x 10-ft easy-up canopies so let me know if you need any additional ones. Is Lisa going to make the "DC.COM" banner?  :icon_smile_wink:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

vegasmike

Dan I hope that's not on Nellis & Craig... If it is you better look for another location... If you want to give your car away just give it to me..... :icon_smile_big:

ChgrSteve67

Cool beans
I'm at the same place

Nellis AFB Suites
4555 Las Vegas Blvd N.

Dans 68

Quote from: vegasmike on January 22, 2010, 08:47:57 AM
dan i hope that's not on nellis & craig...if it is you better look for another location...if you want to give your car away just give it to me :icon_smile_big:

Not quite...about a 1/2 mile away, towards the Speedway, and off of Las Vegas Blvd North. Look at this map (http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=Nellis+AFB+Suites+Las+Vegas&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Nellis+AFB+Suites&hnear=Las+Vegas&hl=en&view=map&cid=8943504098116592435&iwloc=A&ved=0CB8QpQY&sa=X&ei=HxdaS9qEOpSWoQSM6cDBCQ) and let me know if this is in the "questionable" side of town. I'll probably just chain my ride to ChrgrSteve67's at night, and sprinkle broken glass around the cars before I go to bed.  Or I can just have CB sleep in the Charger.  ;D

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Ponch ®

Quote from: skip68 on January 21, 2010, 09:25:44 PM
Ok folks.  Since times are not so good with the economy, we are not going to be able to camp at the track during M.A.T.S....   :rotz:   BUT ! ! ! We have a new plan that will still be fun.  

Every year it seems that VegasMike's place has become more and more of an attraction.  (With the fine dinning, good music and lots of laughs)
We have decided to keep the tradition going so here is the plan....

: On the first day of the show we will have a place to meet in the show.  We are going to have a BBQ set up under a canopy for lunch every day.  Bring Meat and we'll cook it up for you as we can't feed the world... ;)
We will also have flyers of a map to get to "VegasMikes Place Inc."  

: Every night we will be at VegasMikes for a BBQ dinner, pictures, car talk and laughs. This will be loads of fun as we are going to have a few members there dial in my carb.   Right Ron ?   :icon_smile_wink:

: For any members that are flying in or just any of you that fear you won't find us to get the map to VegasMikes but you want to go, you can send me a P.M. and we will make sure that you get a phone number to call us for the address.    :2thumbs:

: I still wish we could be camping at the track but look at it this way.... You will still have a great time because you will get to meet the skip's, VegasMike, coco Cody and many others...  ;)
    Chuck........

This message was paid for by skip68........

Now I definitely have to try and make at least a one day run out there - even if I have to do Rambo-style it while im there.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

mauve66

anytime your outside a military base it is a questionable area but i've seen worse at other bases, anytime there is a race at the speedway people stay at all the close placesso it shouldn't be that bad, you are farther north than most of the really bad places.  if your towing the charger you can just leave it at the strip and use your tower to get back and forth, not as fun but more security at the strip
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

69bronzeT5

Chuckie......did ya get my PM about phone numbers? :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

vegasmike

Cody, Chucky is dreaming up a cam swap so he might not be able to pay his phone bill when he is done....   So I will give you my#...   That's right I said it.. If you guys want to hook up here it is..     702-860-4136  ...

Dans 68

I'll confirm that that is the correct number for Mike. :icon_smile_wink: This year we will have a good contact number. I'm looking forward to seeing you again, Mike.  :cheers:

Dan

vegasmike

DAN, THAT IS THE REAL DEAL  :cheers: I JUST HAVE TO GIVE CHUCK ONE OF THESE   :slap:   OK I FEEL BETTER NOW............

skip68

Ok guys, that's it.....     :flame:   Yes Cody, I got the pm.....    I'll pm you our number.     :2thumbs:    So Dan, is CB sleeping with you ?   I mean staying in a hotel room with you ?    :popcrn: :smilielol:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

vegasmike

I think cb got a little outback or brokeback in him. He was asking about a tent in my backyard with my dog Vito.....  :D

Dans 68

Quote from: skip68 on January 28, 2010, 10:53:51 PM
So Dan, is CB sleeping with you ?   I mean staying in a hotel room with you ?    :popcrn: :smilielol:

You do realize, Chuck, that it takes actually more work to insert the "line-out" feature to a phrase than to just delete it?  :scratchchin:  :slap:  Of course you do. And now it is also punctually correct. Petulance becomes you, my friend.  ;)

Yes, CB is welcome to stay with me (in his own room) if he likes. He has not yet let me know so maybe he is waiting for a better deal? I did get the 2nd room just in case someone needs it.

Dan

ChgrSteve67

Has anyone sent in or purchased thier registration for the show yet?

If yes what did you get and sign up for?

skip68

Ok guys, Troy is sending out two DC.com banners for us to put on the canopy.  As we get closer to the date I'll keep you posted as to where we'll be.   :2thumbs:   I can't wait to meet some of you in person.   :icon_smile_wink:    And for all of you that just want to give me a black eye, can you please wait until after the show ? ? ?    :yesnod:    We could sell T-shirts saying "I gave Skip a black eye"....

:shruggy:    If we can make a few bucks I'm in...   :icon_smile_big:

69bronzeT5

T-shirts saying "I gave Skip a black eye"= :thumbup:
Thongs/Speedos saying "I gave Skip a black eye"= :nono: :no: :eek2:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

ChgrSteve67

I have a couple of canopys I will be bringing along with a American Flag to fly high.

I'll bring some extra zip ties.

Dr V

Just booked evrything.  Coming out to this show for the first time.  What do I expect?   How is the auction?  Ive been in the market for awhile.
This Damn Car Thing Is Getting Expensive!

Steve P.

Hey Doc. 

Expect to have a great time and watch LOTTTTTS of racing.  the MATS is a great show. Maybe not the biggest or best, but well within the elite of mopar shows.

The parts and swap area are normalllllly very good. With this economy I think we may see more than usual for sale there. Every year they have plenty of project cars for sale in the car corral. The used parts area is right there with it on the far end or toward the high end of the track.  You'll have a great time and this will NOT be your last trip to the MATS....  ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Dr V

Cool,  Im excited,  Momma is too.   She will be 6 mos pregnant at that time but she is still excited to walk around.
This Damn Car Thing Is Getting Expensive!

skip68

Quote from: Dr V on February 11, 2010, 03:26:18 PM
She will be 6 mos pregnant at that time

:2thumbs:   Cool !  I've been waiting to be a mid-wife.   You guys can be my first couple.  I'll make sure to put on some good non-slip gloves because those new babies sure can be slippery little devils  :yesnod: :rofl:   You can pay me in Charger parts.   :cheers:

Steve P.

Mid-wife?? Come on Chuck. You couldn't deliver a PIZZA!!!!!   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Besides, he said ( 6 MONTHS ).  Not 9..... 

I did deliver my first daughter... It was a breeze.... "For ME"....   :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Dans 68

Quote from: Steve P. on February 11, 2010, 07:39:15 PM
...Mid-wife?? Come on Chuck. You couldn't deliver a PIZZA!!!!!   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Nicely delivered.... :D

Dan