News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FYI Mopars At The Strip

Started by Steve P., October 15, 2009, 04:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 29, 2010, 11:17:04 AM
I have a bunch of the wife and friends...but she wont let me post them here.  :D

I didn't know you were into the 'group' thing? :scratchchin: :D
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Ponch ®

Quote from: CB on March 29, 2010, 03:46:09 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on March 29, 2010, 11:17:04 AM
I have a bunch of the wife and friends...but she wont let me post them here.  :D

I didn't know you were into the 'group' thing? :scratchchin: :D

only if by group you mean "ponch and a bunch of chicks"  :icon_smile_big:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

skip68

Arrg!!! I took over 450 pics. at MATS that I want to share and I am having computer trouble!!!  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: I always just hook up the camera, go to HP photo program and download. Well, it starts to download (I can see it shuffling thu the pics.) then it does an error message saying that some stupid DLL file caused an error and has to close!!!!!  :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: God, I miss my fast computer! This old dinosaur is just a turd!  :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: I'll keep trying guys and gals!

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

A383Wing

Quote from: moparstuart on March 29, 2010, 10:26:23 AM
Quote from: BB1 on March 29, 2010, 07:17:05 AM
Quote from: A383Wing on March 28, 2010, 11:09:46 PM
and the "hottie" women pics are where??  :shruggy:

I'm the short fat dude, that's all your going to get.  :icon_smile_cool:

No pictures from me untill after my vacation,( gone to Texas.)
i think cody was getting pretty close to you there ED 

And just where is Cody's left hand??   :D   :shruggy:

ChgrSteve67

After a 11 hour drive I am finally home. Averaged 14.5 MPG

Mostly un-eventful trip. Only two people came close to running into me trying to take a cell phone picture of my car.

Its going to take me a bit to go through all of the pictures I took.

Sorry I missed you Ponch.

CB

Quote from: A383Wing on March 29, 2010, 07:46:54 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on March 29, 2010, 10:26:23 AM
Quote from: BB1 on March 29, 2010, 07:17:05 AM
Quote from: A383Wing on March 28, 2010, 11:09:46 PM
and the "hottie" women pics are where??  :shruggy:
I'm the short fat dude, that's all your going to get.  :icon_smile_cool:
No pictures from me untill after my vacation,( gone to Texas.)
i think cody was getting pretty close to you there ED 

And just where is Cody's left hand??   :D   :shruggy:

Stop watching that 'Brokeback Mountain' movie over and over again, dude!  :D
  CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

GunMetal

Outstanding day at the strip on sat. Sorry we didn't  meet any of you guys out there, but I did see Steve's '67. I have the wife talked into coming out next year with the camper and trailering the Charger!

We stayed at the Greek Isle hotel and rented a scooter. That was an interesting ride to the Speedway! Always heed the tip about bringing a windbreaker! Jeez it was cold!

Looked all over for the DC.com banner... found nothing. Asked around for you guys...nothing.   You guys need to make more noise to draw some attention to yourselves :D.  I may have also been a little distracted, what with : cold beer, drag racing ,beautiful cars of every Mopar description,cold beer, car part vendors,corn dogs,cold beer, Hemis, the smell of burning rubber, and sometimes the smell of nitromethane! Ahhhhh....good times! (and cold beer).

Non illegitimis carborundum

skip68

First off I want to thank Troy for the banners.   We could not put up the canopy because of the wind and had no place for the banners.    :flame:   The winds caused damage to some cars.   :rotz:    We had some pretty good winds going on and it blew over several things.   I'm sure Steve will post a picture of his trailer that got damaged by it.  The reason is that they put banners on 6 foot metal sections of portable fencing and the banners acted like sails.  The 6 foot sections blew over hitting a Cuda and ChargerSteves trailer.   :brickwall:  I was told of another banner that ripped loose and hit a very expensive paint job on a RR I think it was and did some damage.   Most of the time it's nice but these winds do get bad.       Mike says he won't be racing next year so we can spend more time with everyone.   This was a crazy year for MATS.   Thanks Cody for helping push Mikes car on the trailer.   ;)   More to come......
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

TUFCAT

I can't wait for the pics!!  :woohoo:

moparstuart

Quote from: skip68 on March 30, 2010, 12:19:05 PM
First off I want to thank Troy for the banners.   We could not put up the canopy because of the wind and had no place for the banners.    :flame:   The winds caused damage to some cars.   :rotz:    We had some pretty good winds going on and it blew over several things.   I'm sure Steve will post a picture of his trailer that got damaged by it.  The reason is that they put banners on 6 foot metal sections of portable fencing and the banners acted like sails.  The 6 foot sections blew over hitting a Cuda and ChargerSteves trailer.   :brickwall:  I was told of another banner that ripped loose and hit a very expensive paint job on a RR I think it was and did some damage.   Most of the time it's nice but these winds do get bad.       Mike says he won't be racing next year so we can spend more time with everyone.   This was a crazy year for MATS.   Thanks Cody for helping push Mikes car on the trailer.   ;)   More to come......
its the naked pictures of chuck that broke the computer

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ChgrSteve67

MATS is first and foremost a drag racing event so most people were either racing, helping someone with a car or watching.  There really was no way to say be here at this time because the racers did not know when they were going to race.  The tower would call out a class and you had to get your car to the staging lanes quickly or your class would run without you.

The only people with cars in the car show was myself, Chuck, Mike and Wade. Chuck, Wade & Steve were helping Mike with his car so they did not spend much time in the car show area.  I tried to stay out of there way and I really appreciate the time they let me hang around getting in the way. After all the golf cars only holds 5 people. Will post a picture of that later. From where Mike was pitted to the staging lanes was a little more than a 1/4 mile.

The wind was horible and there was no way to put up a canopy to hide under by the show cars and no way to hang a bannor without creating another flying projectile like the other show bannors that damaged peoples cars. (I will post a pick of my trailer later - still have not decided if I will fix it or not) They also had a problem at the strip with several security fences they wrapped in blue plastic. The wind blew them over across the left lane just after two race cars did thier burn outs. Thinking about it now I should have cut the zip ties on the bannor and kept it as a souviner.

The only real shade was 7 stories up in the grand stand. The sun was beaming and the air was really dry.  I think I got wind burn worse than sun burn. The key was to keep moving around.  And there was a lot to see and do.

It would have been nice to have a canopy up with a big bannor as a home base for everyone to meet and hang out but it just was not posible. Even if the bannor got hung up at Mikes trailer no one would have ever found it.

The noise at this event is loud and unpredictable, after all there are as many if not more people there working on thier race cars and driving them around as there were car show participants. We had lots of problems getting a hold of the people that had each others numbers to try to stay in touch as to what was going on. I did not even know that Mike had broke his toy until later when I think Cody told me he helped him push it back on the trailier.

I would make trips back to my car from time to time to see if anyone was hanging around and I would run into a DC.com member. I should have put out a guest book for the members to sign.

Next year is my cross country trip in my Charger so I probably won't be back next year.  This event is also basicly towards the end of tax season so my wife was not able to go with me.  Lets just say I will be paying for going on this trip without her for a long time.

A big thanks again to VegasMike for letting me and my brother in-law stop by your house several times and hang out for a while. It was very generous of you to provide food and beverage. I think Steve P. just worked on cars the whole time.

I'm still working on my pictures. I'm back at work now trying to repair the damage that was done in the three business days I was gone. I already have two urgent changes for tonight and expect to have at least one more.

-Steve

Ponch ®

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on March 30, 2010, 03:06:46 PM
MATS is first and foremost a drag racing event so most people were either racing, helping someone with a car or watching.  There really was no way to say be here at this time because the racers did not know when they were going to race.  The tower would call out a class and you had to get your car to the staging lanes quickly or your class would run without you.

-Steve

yeah, it does get a little hectic. It's understandable. I went up there with every intention of meeting as many people as possible, but once I got there I got sucked into the autocross deal and stayed there for the first couple of hours I was at the show. BTW - your car in person =  :drool5:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

BB1

Delete my profile

TUFCAT

Still no pics Lisa???  You're killing me!!!   :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

ChgrSteve67

As promised

Here is a shot of 5 on the golf cart

Chuck, Mike, Steve and the Ladies.

skip68

Here is a few so far.....

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

skip68

Chargersteve's beautiful ride.......

ChgrSteve67

Here are my photos from my MATS trip.
I figured I would break them up by days to follow a little easier.

Thursday - The trip down
Stopped just south of S.F. to meet Dan68
Cruised to Barstow to meet up with the MATS Cruise to Vegas but they never showed.
A group was there waiting for them to show as well.
Cruised into town and stopped by Vegas Mikes house for some refreshment and food.

http://s416.photobucket.com/albums/pp248/MPR67/MATS2010/MATS25/?albumview=slideshow

Friday - Day One of MATS
Drag racing was getting started
Vegas Mike made his first run in his 65 Coronet
I got to meet the guys from Pawn Stars.

http://s416.photobucket.com/albums/pp248/MPR67/MATS2010/MATS26/?albumview=slideshow

Saturday - Things really got going
Drag racing was in full swing.
I made a good pass through the swap meet area.
Opening cerimonies introduced the new Sox & Martin Challenger\Cuda that will be raffled away next year.
Met up with BlacDog from the First Gen site and his Wife. They were there racing the wifes 68 Charger.
Took a bunch of pics of the two facing off. I have no doubt that her car would kick my Chargers ass.
Walked over to the Speedway and did a few laps in a stock car.
Went to the Cannery to check out the night life and some live music. Was a good time.

http://s416.photobucket.com/albums/pp248/MPR67/MATS2010/MATS27/?albumview=slideshow

Sunday - Last Day
Things really slowed down Sunday. only about half of the show cars were there and the venders were packing up.
Drag racing was comming to an end and people were able to do a bunch of Time only runs if they liked.
I got to visit more with Vegas Mike, Chuck, Steve and the ladies.
Left around 3PM and stopped by the speedway to take some pictures of the car then took a cruise up and down the Vegas Strip.

http://s416.photobucket.com/albums/pp248/MPR67/MATS2010/MATS28/?albumview=slideshow

Monday - The trip home.
593 Miles from the Hotel to my house. Left at 6AM and got home about 5PM.
Not much to see.

http://s416.photobucket.com/albums/pp248/MPR67/MATS2010/MATS29/?albumview=slideshow

-Steve

Bob T

Great photos ChgrSteve67   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: , Thanks. And some hot laps around the track!!, Hell , what a weekend  :cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

BB1

Excellent Steve, what a super weekend we all had.
Glad I met all of you Charger gladiators. 

I didn't see Ponch, I question if he really exists except for on this board.  :scratchchin:

The rest of you better start saving for next year. Pictures are one thing, being there is how you make memories and friends.  ;D
Delete my profile

snagm z

chargersteve,

It was nice to have met you sorry the sign dented your trailer.

steve
I should have picked bowling as a hobby.
Darn mopar B bodies it's an illness.
Theres always room for one more Charger

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: snagm z on March 31, 2010, 08:57:24 AM
chargersteve,

steve

:2thumbs:  Same here.

I'm figuring a MOPAR sticker will cover up the damage nicely.
When ever you take anything out into the public you run the risk of damage.
Shit happens.

moparstuart

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on March 31, 2010, 10:45:40 AM
Quote from: snagm z on March 31, 2010, 08:57:24 AM
chargersteve,

steve

:2thumbs:  Same here.

I'm figuring a MOPAR sticker will cover up the damage nicely.
When ever you take anything out into the public you run the risk of damage.
Shit happens.

did it tow well and do what you needed it too ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

TUFCAT

Steve, great job documenting the event in pictures. Thanks for posting, it almost made me feel like I was there, well, not really but at least I can wish!!!

Your Charger is not only beautiful, but very well executed and reliably built!  Good work!  :2thumbs:

Brock Samson

Glad you made it back relatively unscathed.. why are all the pictures so damn small?..    :scope: