News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Street strip tires

Started by Ghoste, August 22, 2009, 07:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

What seems to be the current hot favorite among some of you folks for street strip tires?  Especially some of you that have been using the soft compound drag radials for a while now, not slicks but the "everyday" tires.

c00nhunterjoe

mickey thompson et street drag radials. incredible tire, but it is a super soft tire so it will wear quick

Mick70RR

I've tried Nitto's and BFG drag radials. The Nitto's didn't work for me on the strip but the BFG's do when they have some wear on them. Both seem good on the street with plenty of grip in the wet.
1970 Road Runner, 505 cid, 4 speed, GV overdrive, 3.91 gears
11.98 @ 117 on street treads

TexasStroker

MT ET Streets!

I do run Indy Profile S/S tires on the Duster...they are NOT hard like the rep they receive..the S/S have a special compound that gets sticky with heat...I really like them on the car.  I don't think you'll get the gains you'd see with the ET Streets, but you would get more miles out of a true dual purpose tire like them imo...
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Ghoste

Geez, I didn't even know the Indy Profile ones were still available.  I'm only slightly out of touch huh?

c00nhunterjoe

i love the et street's but i dont think he would like them for lots of street use. they are basicly a slick that someone took a razor too.  :smilielol:

firefighter3931

The MT ET street radials are excellent from what i've seen. I have a set of 295/65's mounted on a spare set of 15x10 Weld Pro stars just for track days....i'll be testing them out soon.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

my73charger

A friend of mine runs the MT ET Streets on his car but they wear real fast if you use them on the road much.  I bet he only has about 500 miles on his last set, not counting the crazy burnouts he was doing on our local car show poker run this year, and of course at the track.   :-\

Ghoste

Ouch, for that kind of wear you may as well have a set of purpose made slicks and carry them to the track for race day.

my73charger

Yes, that is what he is going to do next year.  At $200 per tire, that gets real expensive real fast.  Next year he plans to buy some regular slicks (after this set of MT ET's wears out) and mount them on these rims and then get some regular street tires for some new rims.  The initial investment will be costly but it will pay off in the long run.

speedfreak440

No offense to anyone on here's friend-just my oppinion but.... Buying sticky tires just to do big burnouts is dumb, you buy good tires for traction.

Buy either the ET streets or M/T Radials & I think you will be happy. Especially if you have the radials. The streets will last around 2,000-2,500 miles with normal use-ie: road, track,(just do enough burnout to get them sticky). The last set of radials I had got 3,500 miles on a street-driven 3700# stick-car with 700hp to the wheels.

c00nhunterjoe

i agree, if you want to roast tires then go to pep boys and slap a set of their el cheap-o futura's on. they are super hard and last a while on burnouts.  :angel:    the et streets are the same compund as the et drag's just street legal- but barely. they are good for about 5 mph in the rain. anymore then that and you will wreck. 

oldschool

Quote from: speedfreak440 on October 16, 2009, 01:58:17 PM
No offense to anyone on here's friend-just my oppinion but.... Buying sticky tires just to do big burnouts is dumb, you buy good tires for traction.

Buy either the ET streets or M/T Radials & I think you will be happy. Especially if you have the radials. The streets will last around 2,000-2,500 miles with normal use-ie: road, track,(just do enough burnout to get them sticky). The last set of radials I had got 3,500 miles on a street-driven 3700# stick-car with 700hp to the wheels.
speedfreak440 welcome to the site. tell us more about that 700 rwhp 4 speed car  :drool5:. i have one of those also.....
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

charger_fan_4ever

Et street radials seem to work good on auto cars. The stiff sidewall isn't so good to launch a stick car.

Armudster

How about the Hoosier Pro Streets? I never used them, but they seem to be a nice tire for a street/strip combo car.  :shruggy:
And damn those Indy Profiles looks really badass!!!!

Cooter

Got a set of the Hoosiers on the Dart right now with over 650 HP on Nitrous, it hooks "OK"..As well as could be expected I guess with my completely sh*t suspension, complete with homemade SuperStock leaf Springs....They are called "Quick times".....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Mick70RR

I fitted ET Street Radials a few weeks ago and took the car straight to the strip. Unlike the BFG, they worked well right from new. I only had about 30 street miles on them before the first run, which turned out to be the best run of the day.
1970 Road Runner, 505 cid, 4 speed, GV overdrive, 3.91 gears
11.98 @ 117 on street treads

Blown68Coronet

I ran MT ET Streets then switched to Hoosier Quick Time Pro's and have never looked back!! 31x16.5's Got 4 yrs out of them driving to cruise nights and coffee runs and going to track. :Twocents: