News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Black Pig vs Green Monster race results ; new bests for both cars !

Started by firefighter3931, October 12, 2009, 11:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

See, I told you it would go faster if you take your foot off the brakes...  :D

Great runs on both accounts... They love that cold air......   :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Lifsgrt

Outstanding performance from both of you!  Good on you guys for using your cars as they were meant to be used!
Must be those Firecore wires on your car Ron! :cheers:
Best time 11.07@121

Blown68Coronet

Quote from: Lifsgrt on October 13, 2009, 10:31:11 PM
Outstanding performance from both of you!  Good on you guys for using your cars as they were meant to be used!
Must be those Firecore wires on your car Ron! :cheers:

Actually both cars run Firecore's!!!

Thanks guys it was a great day to get out and make some runs. Regretfully we didn't have a camera person with us this time, we'll make sure next time. :2thumbs:

skip68

NICE ! ! !   I saw that at Mikes and said "DAMB" ...   Good job Ron.    :2thumbs:     :notworthy:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

bill440rt

Damn! Ron, your Charger looks (& runs) bad-a$$!!!
Congrats on great track times!!  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

firefighter3931

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys  :icon_smile_big:......it means a lot coming from this forum.  :2thumbs:

I might get one more kick at the cat if the weather holds out....might go to the Mopar day at NED on Oct 31  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

oldschool

1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

firefighter3931

Quote from: Hemidoug on October 13, 2009, 04:15:25 PM
Good job Ron! Man I wish I could get my pig to 60ft like yours....still in the 1.90 range. What gears are you running? Our MPH is exactly the same.....

Doug, the gears are 4.10's with a 295/65 MT Drag Radial. It really needs more stall and gear to ET better but that's all academic because the engine will be pulled later this fall in preperation for the new 572 Wedge. The 4.10's a 295 MT's will be ideal for that combination.  :yesnod:

Come up to NED on oct 31st for the Mopar day.....maybe we can line them up !  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Purple440

Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 15, 2009, 09:18:35 PM
Quote from: Hemidoug on October 13, 2009, 04:15:25 PM
Good job Ron! Man I wish I could get my pig to 60ft like yours....still in the 1.90 range. What gears are you running? Our MPH is exactly the same.....

Doug, the gears are 4.10's with a 295/65 MT Drag Radial. It really needs more stall and gear to ET better but that's all academic because the engine will be pulled later this fall in preperation for the new 572 Wedge. The 4.10's a 295 MT's will be ideal for that combination.  :yesnod:

Come up to NED on oct 31st for the Mopar day.....maybe we can line them up !  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

Very cool both of you guys.   :2thumbs:

Ron - a 572 Wedge?  Don't forget the wheelie bars :fireangry:

472 R/T SE

Dang, you're flat gettin' with the program.  Impressive.
I think it's pretty safe to say, knowing you, it was to be expected.  :2thumbs:  Way to represent fellas.

Pretty depressing, your 60'er is almost a full second quicker than mine.  :blush2:

Challenger340

:2thumbs:
Geez, you guys both have very good short times(60'), for Street cars that heavy ! 

NICE Cars Guys !
Only wimps wear Bowties !

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

greenpigs

So 11.6's with a 446 and soon a 572 hmm...I think you might get close to showing Blown68Cornet the Black Pigs a$$.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Blown68Coronet

Quote from: greenpigs on October 25, 2009, 03:35:48 PM
So 11.6's with a 446 and soon a 572 hmm...I think you might get close to showing Blown68Cornet the Black Pigs a$$.

Hah! We've already had this discussion. I still have a little something up my sleeve...... :D
Nothing a pulley swap can't fix!  :nana: hehe

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

firefighter3931

Quote from: Blown68Coronet on October 26, 2009, 07:38:17 AM

Hah! We've already had this discussion. I still have a little something up my sleeve...... :D
Nothing a pulley swap can't fix!  :nana:  hehe

Yep.....boost is a beautiful thing but two can play that game.  :icon_smile_big:  If someone swaps pullies the Pig might just get a small plate and some laughing gas.  :lol:

Should be fun next year !    :coolgleamA:

Ron

Blown68Coronet

Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 26, 2009, 08:21:17 AM
Quote from: Blown68Coronet on October 26, 2009, 07:38:17 AM

Nothing a pulley swap can't fix!  :nana:  hehe

Yep.....boost is a beautiful thing but two can play that game.  :icon_smile_big:  If someone swaps pullies the Pig might just get a small plate and some laughing gas.  :lol:

Should be fun next year !    :coolgleamA:

Ron

Ahh bottles are for babies Ron! :D
If the pulley swap doesn't help I'll just swith over to alcohol!!  :nana:

Blown70

Quote from: Blown68Coronet on October 26, 2009, 12:24:54 PM

Ahh bottles are for babies Ron! :D
If the pulley swap doesn't help I'll just swith over to alcohol!!  :nana:

Ohhh boy look at this challenge.....   :2thumbs:

elacruze

Ron,

Are your 60' times on DOT tires?

You got something other than Cal-Tracs under there?

Nice runs, I hope mine gets within a half-second of that.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Steve P.

He's running M/T drag radials and Super Stock springs with a full interior, (including all heater crap) and a cage AND full exhaust. At 4100 pounds he's eating up the track.... 

Did I mention this monster is contained under an uncut full steel hood?? ??

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

472 R/T SE

The Cal Tracs is coming though he said.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,50400.0.html

My excuse of my car being heavy don't hold any water compared to the Black Pig.

elacruze

Quote from: Steve P. on October 26, 2009, 09:59:08 PM
He's running M/T drag radials and Super Stock springs with a full interior, (including all heater crap) and a cage AND full exhaust. At 4100 pounds he's eating up the track.... 

Did I mention this monster is contained under an uncut full steel hood?? ??

Ya that's why I'm paying attention, not only to his engine threads but his particular car...it's pretty close to what mine will be. Full interior, A/C, P/S, power windows...440 +.030. I don't have aluminum heads though, I can expect to be a little heavier and a little less motor. Those 60' times are tasty though, and I got a heavy flywheel, 4 speed and 4:10 D60. If I can 60' like that the 1/4 mile times will be a little less important...

New Port Richie...where is that? I'm in Jensen Beach, north of Stuart.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.